Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Steven Pacey Stratford - Jew of Malta
clareblues1
Richard, table booked at the Garrick Inn, High Street, Stratford for 12noon. I'll post the website details later, on my mobile posting now.

Smile

EDIT: web address for the pub
https://www.olden...-upon-avon
Edited by clareblues1 on 09 June 2015 19:09:09
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

RichardMk2
OK, thanks Clare! I'll see you there!

clareblues1
Less than a week to go Smile

meegat39
Wishing Clare and Richard a lovely trip tomorrow. I'm gutted I can't join you, neither time nor money will allow for this one. I hope there will be a rerun or another trip to see Steven in something soon I can join in with.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

clareblues1
Cheers, MG, we've got the Volpone outing on 22nd August, hope you can join us for that Smile

meegat39
clareblues1 wrote:

Cheers, MG, we've got the Volpone outing on 22nd August, hope you can join us for that Smile

Nope, I'm in Florida.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Mistletoe12
Hope you have a great day at the theatre tomorrow Grin

clareblues1
Certainly will do Mistletoe12 Grin

To Meegat and any other interested parties...although I'm not planning on booking more tickets for Steven's plays I'm happy to help organise another visit date.

Put your name down here and possible dates and we'll take it from there...

Travisina
Have a great time tomorrow, Clare - I'm looking forward to reading your report! Wink
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

clareblues1
Travisina wrote:

Have a great time tomorrow, Clare - I'm looking forward to reading your report! Wink

Grin With only Richard to keep me on the straight and narrow, I'm going to have to be more calm and collected than usual...this could get tricky!

BradPaula
Clare and Richard, have a great time seeing Steven tomorrow. And if you think if it, please give our regards to Steven. I think he will remember Brad and Paula, his middle-aged 'stalkers'. We are sorry we could not come and see him in this production but maybe next time. We will be in Stratford the first part of October but alas for Henry V and not for dear SP. Cheers and have fun!!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Ellen York
Have fun tomorrow. Wish the run was a bit longer so us poor souls on the wrong side of the pond had the chance to see the production too. Paula, I think you are a bad influence on me Grin

BradPaula
Ellen York wrote:

Have fun tomorrow. Wish the run was a bit longer so us poor souls on the wrong side of the pond had the chance to see the production too. Paula, I think you are a bad influence on me Grin

LOL. I'll take that as a compliment, Ellen.

Thetis
Have wonderful time, Clare and Richard!

Anniew
Don't squee too loudly Claire but have a lovely time. Remember to breathe.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

clareblues1
Down and safe...and I managed to keep it together!!

Richard needed to head off after the performance so I had to meet Steven by myself...I didn't cry...squee...or tuck him into my pocket and walk off with him.... LOL

Seriously we had a nice little chat and Matthew Kelly who is also in the cast very kindly took a photo.

i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab156/clareblues1/JewMalta1_zpswj4fd42f.jpg

Before all that I spotted a taxi with the word Horizon sign written on the side and back and had to suppress a smile whilst on the Park and Ride bus!

Incidentally during the peak season Stratford locks up with traffic from about 10am onwards, mental note to get there earlier next time!

Richard and I met up in a tea room opposite the pub...then we had a lovely lunch followed by a walk around the Waterside.

It's been a lovely sunny day so we wandered past the theatre to the chain ferry across the River Avon. Along the way we spotted the Avon Bowling Club, so Richard took a photo of the sign!

When we come again in August we will have to do some 'Avon' spotting, as there are plenty about!

BradPaula
OH, Clare- so happy for you! Isn't that a great photo of you two? He's a sweetheart, but then you knew that. Thanks for telling us all about your day. Wish I had been there too!

clareblues1
BradPaula wrote:

He's a sweetheart, but then you knew that.

No argument from me Grin

Anniew
Sounds like a memorable day. Did you enjoy the play? It's one of my favourites!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

clareblues1
Anniew wrote:

Sounds like a memorable day. Did you enjoy the play? It's one of my favourites!

Yes very much, it's quite an intense play, much in the way King Lear is. While I was watching I compared Jasper's character, Barabas, to Avon, but on reflection I actually think he's much more Servalan-esque.

Steven's character has elements of Avon about him, he's a survivor who's not without his 'moments'.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.63 seconds
9,153,732 unique visits since 8th January 2014