Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What Are You Listening To?
Ela
I finished listening to the Big Finish audio of Damaged Goods the other day. That ended differently than the novel, so I was a bit surprised by the ending.

In the middle of The Well-Mannered War, now, with the Fourth Doctor and Romana.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Time to start unwrapping some recent audio releases:

Blake's 7: Devils Advocate
Blake's 7: Truth and Lies
Counter Measures
series 4
The Avengers: The Lost Episodes vol. 5

Doctor Who: The Ark in Space read by Jon Culshaw
Doctor Who: The Drosten's Curse read by Clare Corbett
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Listening to the two latest Blake's 7 episodes this morning Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Ela
Listening to The Worlds of Doctor Who. And a certain melody is getting stuck in my head. Pfft

BradPaula
Been listening to and being totally blown away by the Horse Guards band playing the Doctor Who theme. Being in the high school marching band myself, and Brad too years ago, I can attest to it being very difficult to do the hesitation march while playing at that level- which is pure excellence. Here's the link.

https://www.youtu...n9IyE8iKCQ
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Listening to The Avengers and Counter Measures this morning, two of my favourite Big Finish series! Both are set in the 1960s, so it's interesting to hear them side by side...

Spaceship Dispatcher
The whole of this evening is set aside for listening to the new audiobook of The Ark in Space; Ian Marter was an excellent regular cast member, but also became a great writer of the novelisations based on some of the serials. Add to the mix Jon Culshaw, not only a good impressionist but a good reader too, and you have a very exciting new release...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Who & Me, the autobiography of Barry Letts; read by the author.

rojkerr1
the navy lark with jon pertwee

Klenotka
The Sixth Doctor last adventure....normally, i am not much of a listener (I usually fall asleep cos I listen to audios on bus my home from work Grin) but DW is one of the few things i do listen from time to time (the last non-DW thing was Neverhwere).
Only first story, so far, The End of the Line. It was a great idea, very DW, a bit surreal, with also a lots of dead people Grin New companion was introduced and seemed very good from what I heard. There were a few cheesy lines "My arch enemy!" and I felt like listening to tapes I used to listen when I learnt English (repeating things to remember them), but otherwise, it was OK Smile
Colin Baker is not my favourite Doctor but his audios are very good.
Don´t be Lasagne

Spaceship Dispatcher
From Byfleet to the Bush

Spaceship Dispatcher
Doctor Who: Dead Air by James Goss, read by David Tennant

Beware The Hush.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Solaris; the BBC Radio 4 production of Stanislav Lem's classic story, starring Ron Cook (Mr Selfridge) and Joanne Froggatt (Downton Abbey)

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Ghosts of N-Space; the BBC Radio drama starring Jon Pertwee as the Doctor, with Lis Sladen and Nick Courtney as Sarah Jane Smith and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm listening to the episode soundtracks of The Evil of the Daleks this morning; starring Pat Troughton and introducing Deborah Watling as new companion Victoria alongside long term regular Jamie...

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Slide is a classic BBC Radio serial from 1966 that was written by Victor Pemberton and included Maurice Denham, Roger Delgado and David Spenser amongst the main cast. This should keep me occupied for the rest of the morning!

rojkerr1
the slide very dr whoish, and delgado takes on the Dr role! Think it was submitted as a dr who story originally, but Fury was accepted, then Pescatons revamped Fury, weed, ultrasonic solution etc, not sure how the slide is defeated, please dont tell me it ultrasonics!

rojkerr1
cant stand ghosts of n space, Paradise of death much much better

rojkerr1
listening to a new version of the ghost train, with Katy Manning, great story

Spaceship Dispatcher
rojkerr1 wrote:

the slide very dr whoish, and delgado takes on the Dr role! Think it was submitted as a dr who story originally, but Fury was accepted, then Pescatons revamped Fury, weed, ultrasonic solution etc, not sure how the slide is defeated, please dont tell me it ultrasonics!

No, it wasn't ultrasonics! Although you say it casts Roger Delgado in a Doctor-like role, I still found him more like the Master; the eminent yet enigmatic scientist who charms everyone around his little finger despite the occasional outburst, and we know that when not engaging in duels versus the Doctor that the Master worked with others on various projects like the Keller Process in his various guises. I actually spent much of the story imagining that it was the Master on Earth during the period before the Autons' second invasion...

rojkerr1 wrote:

listening to a new version of the ghost train, with Katy Manning, great story

Yes, I love that story! The film version with Arthur Askey and Richard Murdoch is a classic and, while the Fantom Films audio version with Katy is good, my favourite performance of all time was one staged at the Royal Theatre in Northampton during May 2002 that starred Louise Jameson, Jeffrey Holland and Auton/Cyberon actress Jo Castleton.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 15 September 2015 20:11:08

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,188,402 unique visits since 8th January 2014