Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What Are You Listening To?
Spaceship Dispatcher
Having thoroughly enjoyed a three hour Blake's 7 marathon this morning, this evening it's the turn of Dr Who: The Well Mannered War; starring Tom Baker, Lalla Ward, Michael Troughton, and Tim McInnerny.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Ela
Been listening to a lot of Bernice Summerfield. I now own all 11 seasons of the Big Finish single releases. Currently on season 8. Probably will re-listen to them all after I read the books.

BradPaula
I'm going through all the Liberator Chronicles again. I'm up to the third part of Armageddon Storm, and it's still a favorite of mine.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Ela
A Liberator Chronicles re-listen is on my agenda when I get through with Benny.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just starting the new audiobook of Doctor Who: Last of the Gaderene, written by Mark Gatiss and read by Richard Franklin; it's a UNIT story set during the 1973 anniversary season of the show. I never actually read this novel first time around, though I'm sure it's on the shelf somewhere, so this is all new to me! Looking forward to listening to this.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

dragonq
I have just started listening to the full cast audios from Big Finish for the second time. I enjoyed these very much the first time round. So far, while doing the housework today, I have listened to Warship and Fractures. I was a bit confused by the latter the first time I heard it but really enjoyed it the second time around. It was quite suspenseful, and just so lovely to hear them all working together like that again. Warship I thought just OK the first time, and had much the same reaction the second time.

I seem to recall that the ones I liked best in this first series of full cast adventures were the ones with Hugh Fraser in them. We shall see.

lemon
I finish listening Fractures and enjoyed stretch the pleasure of intrigue. I wish that episode was on show (something resembling DW's The Edge of Destruction). So unusual to hear the voices of the actors later years, but forgot about it immediately because everybody did fantastic job.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Absolutely loved Doctor Who: Last of the Gaderene over the last couple of afternoons! As is typical for a story by Mark Gatiss it's all about homage and appreciation of the classic era, but this was the author's last novel based on the show (it was printed in 2000) before he also became a script writer in the revived series and there are elements that are familiar from his later television episodes too. The setting of a rural English village and its nearby disused airfield, as both fall under the influence of a mystery menace, was reminiscent of The Avengers in a nice way as well; this was a very traditional mix of classic British horror-fantasy elements with all the regulars of the UNIT era present and correct. Richard Franklin was on reading duties and exceeded expectations with a performance that included very accurate takes on his former fellow cast members Nicholas Courtney and Jon Pertwee, and I certainly hope he reads some more titles in the future. If you like your Doctor Who warm and comfy and familiar, this comes highly recommended - 8/10

Spaceship Dispatcher
Now listening to Doctor Who: The Massacre, written by John Lucarotti and read by Peter Purves.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Now listening to Doctor Who: The Massacre, written by John Lucarotti and read by Peter Purves.

A story which has never quite worked for me. Not sure if it's because it's not by John Lucarotti but rather Donald Tosh.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

A story which has never quite worked for me. Not sure if it's because it's not by John Lucarotti but rather Donald Tosh.

It's quite a confused and ambitious story, but interesting for being the first story to star a regular in the absence of the Doctor.

rojkerr1
one of the darkest stories classic Who ever did, extremely morally ambiguous, brave attempt i thought and Purves does a good job throughout

Gauda Cheese
BradPaula wrote:

I'm going through all the Liberator Chronicles again. I'm up to the third part of Armageddon Storm, and it's still a favorite of mine.

That third disc is my fave B7 story by BF
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Giving a relisten to a Big Finish drama called Doctor Who: Valhalla, that I remember enjoying first time around in 2007, that's now it's taken on even greater significance; Sylvester McCoy stars as the Doctor, with Philip Jackson (Inspector Japp in Poirot), the late Susannah York who I was privileged to see in an evening of her final play, Fraser James who later became a regular in audio series Graceless, and Michelle Gomez who of course is now better known as Missy!

Travisina
Gauda Cheese wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

That third disc is my fave B7 story by BF

I like the second best of the three-parter - it was the first time that BF had paired Vila and Cally, and it worked an absolute treat.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Tonight's CD is Doctor Who: The Pescatons, originally released in 1976, starring Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen; a real audio-SF classic!

rojkerr1
had the LP of this, xmas present, wonderful, Victor pemberton basically rewrote Fury from the Deep, who cares it was fun!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Tonight's listening is a BBC Radio 4 play from 1985 called Doctor Who: Slipback, written by Eric Saward and starring Colin Baker with Nicola Bryant and Valentine Dyall...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Excited about this one! Starting on James Goss' novelisation of Douglas Adams' classic Doctor Who serial City of Death, read by Lalla Ward; one of the most anticipated releases of the year...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Absolutely loved City of Death as a novelisation; as with Gareth Roberts' novelisation of Shada, the humour is recognisably a homage to Douglas Adams without going over the top or competing with the style. There's lots of nu-Who and Dr Who fandom in-jokes, and even a couple of very funny references to the RL cast. But it's always reasonably faithful to the original story too, and Lalla obviously had a really good time reading it - 10/10, highly recommended!

Now listening to The Rats, written by James Herbert and read by Steven Pacey.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,188,686 unique visits since 8th January 2014