Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 1
BobF

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What Are You Listening To?
clanger68
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

This afternoon I'm starting on the audiobook reading of K9 & Company; the novelisation was written by Terence Dudley, based on his own television script, and is read for audio by John Leeson...

Watching the TV version is quite enough for me Wink A quite dreadful spin-off.

I really rather like it. Watch it every year at Christmas time.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Spaceship Dispatcher
clanger68 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

This afternoon I'm starting on the audiobook reading of K9 & Company; the novelisation was written by Terence Dudley, based on his own television script, and is read for audio by John Leeson...

I like it too! In fact, I was really surprised when meeting other fans for the first time to find that not everyone loved it...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
clanger68 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Horns is my annual Xmas treat Wink

clanger68
trevor travis wrote:

clanger68 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

LOL, not quite sure what to say! Smile
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Spaceship Dispatcher
clanger68 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Just laugh. Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula

clanger68 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Just laugh. Wink

GrinGrinGrinAngry
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Listening to The Witch Hunters, State of Decay and K9 & Company one after another it's amusing to find that David Collings, Geoffrey Beevers and John Leeson all use exactly the same voice and accent for the stories' yokel bumpkins! Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Onwards with the last three disks of K9 & Company this morning!

John Leeson is such a good reader, and Terence Dudley wrote in a nice descriptive way that gives John lots of chance to express the narrative as a true performance.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Doctor Who: The Space Museum; written by Glyn Jones, the writer of the original season 2 television story, and read by Maureen O'Brien.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Being at home sick since Wednesday morning means that I'm catching up with some new CD releases earlier than planned; I listened to The Space Museum instead of going to work yesterday and am listening to all of The Avengers - The Lost Episodes: Volume 5 instead of driving to Norwich today. Last night I fitted in the third episode of Big Finish's brilliant new Torchwood audio series too!

rojkerr1
Spectre of Lanyon Moor

Spaceship Dispatcher
Listened to another of my favourite Big Finish audios yesterday, the anthology collection Doctor Who: Circular Time starring Peter Davison and Sarah Sutton...

This evening, tomorrow, and probably Wednesday morning too I'm relistening to one of my favourite Doctor Who audiobook readings! The Dalek Masterplan was released across ten CDs back in 2010, in two volumes for the two novelisations that the story was divided between, and it's read by Peter Purves and Jean Marsh; both starred in the original story on television.

dragonq
About to listen to the second War Doctor release from Big Finish: I really enjoyed the first one, so am very much looking forward to seeing if this lives up to expectation.

Spaceship Dispatcher
dragonq wrote:

About to listen to the second War Doctor release from Big Finish: I really enjoyed the first one, so am very much looking forward to seeing if this lives up to expectation.

I'm still waiting for the first War Doctor volume, because Big Finish are delaying the high street release of the nu-Who titles, but it seems to be quite popular. I'm on the final disk of The Daleks Masterplan at the moment...

Joe Dredd
Joe Dredd wrote:

I'm currently listening to "Charles Dickens: The BBC Radio Drama Collection: Volume One" on my work/home commute, which is made up of four relatively recent dramatisations.

So far I've listened to "Pickwick Papers" (which was excellent once Mr Pickwick is in the Fleet, but is too silly before that even for me - played as a broad knockabout comedy, complete with slide whistles when people fall down or get thrown out) and "Oliver Twist" (absolutely excellent all round, with Tim McInnerny as a fearsome Bill Sykes). I'm onto "Nicholas Nickleby" (Very good; Tom Baker has turned up as head of a theatre troupe), which has prompted me to dig out my copy of the 1977(?) BBC TV version with Nigel Havers.

I'm hoping everything turns out alright for the Nicklebys (don't tell me!) and that the fourth story, "The Old Curiosity Shop" matches the standard of these last two productions.

The start of "The Old Curiosity Shop" did nothing for me and I laid the discs aside. I'm giving it another go now and am right into it. Little Nell is working for the lady with the waxworks display (played here by Julia MacKenzie) but her grandfather has gambled away more of their money when they were forced to shelter from the rain. I hope that nasty Quilp doesn't get her!

dragonq
The Old Curiosity Shop is an incredibly dark book. I have just about finished rereading it, and it's really quite nightmarish in places. Tyrion Lannister has nothing on Quilp.

Ela
Been working my way through some Doctor Who Main Range stories in the last month. I'm skipping the later Ace-Seven-Hex and Six-Evelyn ones till I have a complete set (I'm missing two!), so I can listen in order. The most recent one I listened to that doesn't fit into the above-mentioned was Butcher of Brisbane. Then I went back and re-watched Talons of Weng Chiang, so I could put it in context better. I'm going to get around to re-listening to that.

Other than that, been listening to a bunch of Big Finish Subscriber Short Trips, most of which I enjoyed, and been catching up on a bunch of podcasts: Radiolab, Imaginary Worlds, Israel Story, and the Big Finish podcast. Still not caught up on Down and Safe, as that is a serious time commitment. Smile

Travisina
Ela wrote:
Still not caught up on Down and Safe, as that is a serious time commitment. Smile

It's worth it, though - I find the time flies by when I listen to it.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

meegat39
We've been listening to my latest Liberator Chronicles boxset. We've heard Defector and Planetfall and they were both very good!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Ela
Travisina wrote:

Ela wrote:
Still not caught up on Down and Safe, as that is a serious time commitment. Smile

It's worth it, though - I find the time flies by when I listen to it.

Yeah, I enjoy it. I just have to have a good time to listen. Often I've listened in the car on the way to work, as I have a long commute.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
9,160,859 unique visits since 8th January 2014