Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What Are You Listening To?
Spaceship Dispatcher
rojkerr1 wrote:

Night of the Triffids

Sam Troughton and Nicola Bryant! Excellent sequel and a good play.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

rojkerr1
u r rite SD, loved the book too, got audios of the original, one read by Robert Powell

Spaceship Dispatcher
rojkerr1 wrote:

u r rite SD, loved the book too, got audios of the original, one read by Robert Powell

I have a BBC Radio play of the original Day of the Triffids story
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

rojkerr1
yeah that too, two versions, one without a cover

rojkerr1
think there were three done so far, first one '58

BradPaula
Just relistened to Doctor Who: Shada, with Paul McGann and Lalla Ward and it was quite good and Paul's Doctor seemed to blend with Romana II quite well. Liked it quite a bit as it co-starred Andrew Sachs, james Fox, SusannahHarker and Hannah Gordon. Then relistened to Doctor Who: Destination Nerva by Nicholas Briggs. It features the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker and Leela, Louise Jameson, and it was like Tom Baker had never left the role. I have 3 other of their Big Finish audios and plan to listen to those in turn.
Also listened recently to Games Goss' City of Death audio read by Lala Ward. I think it gave me a whole new appreciation of Ms. Ward's acting ability. Loved it. And then just listened to Doctor Who: Jago and Lightfoot and Strax called The Haunting by Justin Richards. Trevor Baxter and Christopher Benjamin reprise their roles from the classic story, Talons of Weng-Chaing and have some real interesting interactions with Strax the Sontaran from the new Who show. So it's been a mostly Big Finish marathon at my house lately.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
I'm halfway through the recent CD release of "Dixon of Dock Green", with David Calder (he of Chris Boucher's "Star Cops") as PC George Dixon. The first series also stars David Tennant as new PC Andy Crawford, though he got a leading role in some TV series or other around 2005-2006 and didn't come back for the second series of radio Dixon.

The scripts are based on the originals by Ted Willis, covering 12 of the 400 missing episodes (32 are known to remain).

As you would expect, it's not fast-paced, there aren't a complicated array of storylines in each episode and there are no spaceships or sarcastic computer geniuses - making it all fairly cosy and enjoyable. Calder is good in the role (he seems appropriately 'old' enough) though sometimes the other main characters (Andy and Dixon's daughter Mary) aren't given much to do.

sweevo
Listening to my own VO recordings for an animated movie which an associate and I are trying to develop - a 4-part epic based on by B7/JRPG-inspired novel "Rubeus Imperium" (I also have to record a soundtrack/score for it).

Spaceship Dispatcher
Starting on a heap of new audios today...

The Martian Chronicles

Big Finish
UNIT: Extinction
Dr Who: Theatre of War
Dr Who: All-Consuming Fire
Torchwood: The Conspiracy
Torchwood: Fall to Earth

BBC Audiobooks
Dr Who: The Witch Hunters, read by David Collings
Dr Who: State of Decay, read by Geoffrey Beevers
K-9 & Company: A Girl's Best Friend, read by John Leeson

Listening to The Martian Chronicles at the moment; it's a radio play based Ray Bradbury's stories, starring Derek Jacobi and Hayley Atwell.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm listening to the first two episodes of the new Torchwood audio series this morning; one starring John Barrowman and the other with Gareth David Lloyd.

The Martian Chronicles was okay, but as expected it felt rushed and incomplete; the original story collection was titled "Chronicles" for a reason, as it described an entire future history in three phases. This drama compressed one story from each period into just one hour! Production wise though this was very good indeed and very listenable, with editing that neatly wove the different tales together. Derek Jacobi and Hayley Atwell were good of course, but a longer production that explored the characters more fully would have done their talents more justice.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Now onto the first two episodes of UNIT: Extinction, starring Jemma Redgrave and Ingrid Oliver...

I'll post some spoiler-free comments about the Torchwood audios on the Big Finish thread later, but suffice to say for now that both were rather good...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Finished UNIT: Extinction first thing this morning, now I'm enjoying a five hour marathon binge listen of Doctor Who: The New Adventures audios with Theatre of War and All-Consuming Fire... I have only waited twenty years for these!

rojkerr1
The Navy lark, very funny, dear Mr Pertwee

littlesue
rojkerr1 wrote:

The Navy lark, very funny, dear Mr Pertwee

Oh I used to listen to that with Mum and Dad on the old steam radio before we had a TV.
Although Round the Horne was a fave as well.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm listening to the audiobook of Doctor Who: The Witch Hunters at the moment, written by Steve Lyons and read by David Collings; the story is perfect for the mid-60s era from what I have heard so far, and David's reading is also a perfect match for the characters and style of the show in that period. He read an original novel based on s16 last year and it wasn't quite right for him, that era having an energy and bravura brought by the leading man. But the Lambert produced seasons were much slower and more emotive, more introspective, and David Collings is perfect for this.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just finished listening to the new audio reading of Doctor Who: The Witch Hunters, and really enjoyed it! The narrative structure and tropes of the text were in perfect harmony with the stories of the first season, and not only did the characters sound right in the dialogue but the actors' interpretations were carried in the prose too. What especially impressed me was the book's treatment of Susan; there's always a temptation to explore a character by taking new directions with them, and even more so with one seen as weak or under-used on the show, but here we see Susan exactly as she was on screen and examine her feelings and motivation on that basis. What's it like to be the person who ruins things or causes problems or falls at critical moments, while other 'better' characters like the assured and confident Ian and Barbara have to pick up the pieces? And is there ever a temptation for Susan to actually play on her own weakness? This was a great novel, and very moving at the end. David Collings was a superb choice of reader, perfectly suited to the genuine peril and gravitas of tone found in those early episodes. Spot on music too, this sounded just like an s1/2 story, the music of The Crusade especially coming to mind. Well done to all involved with this!

Spaceship Dispatcher
This morning's audiobook is Doctor Who: State of Decay; written by Terrance Dicks and read by Geoffrey Beevers. One of my favourite stories from one of my favourite seasons, written by a favourite author and read by one of my favourite readers! In other words, quite a treat...

Spaceship Dispatcher
This afternoon I'm starting on the audiobook reading of K9 & Company; the novelisation was written by Terence Dudley, based on his own television script, and is read for audio by John Leeson...

BradPaula
Listened to Doctor Who and the Wave of Destruction, starring Tom Baker and Lalla Ward. All I can say is that Big Finish seems to have a teleport in one of their closets as the audio seemed exactly as it was in the series all those years ago. Will be buying the entire line eventually.

We just got Doctor Who: The Churchill Years and I've listened to audio #1 The Chartwell Metamorphosis. We had been lucky enough to have met Ian McNeice twice, and the last time had a good hour together chatting and of course, we had to buy this set. The great thing about it apart from the acting and stories themselves, is that the set comprises of 4 story discs plus one bonus disc of interviews and other bits. So it's a good value for the price and Ian does a good job as a very iconic figure from history.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

This afternoon I'm starting on the audiobook reading of K9 & Company; the novelisation was written by Terence Dudley, based on his own television script, and is read for audio by John Leeson...

Watching the TV version is quite enough for me Wink A quite dreadful spin-off.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
9,171,785 unique visits since 8th January 2014