Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What Are You Listening To?
Spaceship Dispatcher
The White Queen; written by Philippa Gregory and read by Emilia Fox, Sandra Duncan and Gareth Armstrong; such a great television series, I'm looking forward to listening to the novel...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm listening to the final disk of The White Queen this evening. It's a good novel; not especially deep or expressive but it does have some flowing and evocative descriptions and is a very easy listen. Emilia Fox is always a good reader, with perfect pacing and a very earnest style of delivery. It's always uncertain whether catching up with a novel will live up to expectations created by a great tv series, but this has not disappointed.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

rojkerr1
The Warehouse, Mccoy Big finish, excellent old school Who

Spaceship Dispatcher
rojkerr1 wrote:

The Warehouse, Mccoy Big finish, excellent old school Who

I'm delving further back into the Big Finish archive this evening and listening to Doctor Who: Eternal Summer starring Peter Davison, Sarah Sutton, Mark Williams, Susan Brown and Pam Ferris...

Ela
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Ela wrote:

I always enjoy anything Bernice Summerfield.

I have just listened to Human Nature and Big Bang Generation; the former is one of the original New Adventures series and the latter, despite being BBC and part of the New Series Adventures range, is very much an episode of the Big Finish series for the character with lots of continuity references to those.

The Prisoner's Dilemma was excellent, but then I love the whole Key to Time/Graceless series!

I've read the original Human Nature and Big Bang Generation is on my To Be Read pile. but I haven't listened to the audios of them. With Lisa Bowerman doing the reading on both, I bet they're really good. She's great.

And, yeah, I bought The Prisoner's Dilemma specifically because of its link into the Key to Time series. Haven't done Graceless yet.

At the moment, I'm focusing on acquiring releases that I want that are CD only, in case they go out of print. So I'm getting the Gallifrey releases little by little right now.

One of the Sarah Jane releases is CD only, and I've heard the series is good, but the trailers just don't grab me, so I've held off on those, for now.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Ela wrote:

One of the Sarah Jane releases is CD only, and I've heard the series is good, but the trailers just don't grab me, so I've held off on those, for now.

I gave up on those after one series; they were very arty and noisy and chaotic, and not the sort of thing I connect with Sarah Jane Smith.

Ela
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Ela wrote:

I gave up on those after one series; they were very arty and noisy and chaotic, and not the sort of thing I connect with Sarah Jane Smith.

Ha, you're confirming my inclination not to buy them. Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Sense & Sensibility; a modern retelling of Jane Austen's classic story, written by Joanna Trollope and read on audiobook by Rachael Stirling

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Darker Side of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; a short story collection of relatively unknown fantasy and horror tales by Conan Doyle across fifteen CDs, read by Phil Reynolds.

rojkerr1
does that include the Surgeon of Glaister Fell? V scary, would love to adapt it as a play or TV ghost story.

Spaceship Dispatcher
rojkerr1 wrote:

does that include the Surgeon of Glaister Fell? V scary, would love to adapt it as a play or TV ghost story.

No, it doesn't include that one. Four stories in and enjoying it a lot so far...

rojkerr1
its Gaster fell, my mistake, wonderful story tho, track it down if you can, would make an ace xmas ghost story!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Delving into the archives again! The BF audio drama Doctor Who: Omega, starring Peter Davison; alongside the other two parts of the trilogy, Davros and Master, this was one of my favourite Big Finish audios on first release...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Miss Marple: At Bertram's Hotel; the BBC radio play starring June Whitfield, and one of my favourite Christie stories...

Klenotka
Back to Sapphire and Steel audio - a story narrated by Colin Baker, very weird to hear him Grin
Don´t be Lasagne

Spaceship Dispatcher
Starting a personal relisten this morning of all episodes released so far in the audio series The Avengers: The Lost Stories; I have been invited to write an essay for a forthcoming book, covering my experiences as a Big Finish fan with particular emphasis on the Avengers dramas.

Spaceresearcher
Has anyone heard 'The Adventures of Luther Arkwright' yet? (A Big Finish production). I've been wondering if it's any good or not. Would love to know if anyone has heard it.

Travisina
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Has anyone heard 'The Adventures of Luther Arkwright' yet? (A Big Finish production). I've been wondering if it's any good or not. Would love to know if anyone has heard it.

I've not heard it yet, but all I know is that it stars David Tennant and Paul Darrow, and that may just be enough for me!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Listened to it on first release and was bored out of my mind. It's based on a comic series and I found it completely impenetrable to someone without prior knowledge of the setting and characters.

rojkerr1
Night of the Triffids

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,180,571 unique visits since 8th January 2014