Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What Are You Listening To?
Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

Big Ron is perhaps the most famous extra in the world. Or is that Harry Fielder? Correction: Big Ron is perhaps the second most famous extra in the world.

It stand to reason that Aitch is more famous - after all, he was in B7!

Joe Dredd
I'm currently listening to a BBC radio adaption of "I Capture the Castle". I'm enjoying it a lot. The ladies playing Cassandra and Rose have such lovely English accents, I could listen to them all day!

sweevo
Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Big Ron is perhaps the most famous extra in the world. Or is that Harry Fielder? Correction: Big Ron is perhaps the second most famous extra in the world.

It stand to reason that Aitch is more famous - after all, he was in B7!

Aitch sometimes posts on IMDb as well (won't say under what name - you'll have to find out for yourself). Smile

Spaceship Dispatcher
Time to start on a stack of new CDs!

First into the player is Doctor Who: The Invasion written by the late actor and novelist Ian Marter, read by David Troughton, with Cyberman voices by Nicholas Briggs and cover art by Andrew Skilleter; that's pretty much as close as things things come to a dream team for me, four of my Doctor Who real world heroes, and one of my all time favourite stories. I'm hoping to listen to all five disks over the course of this afternoon and this evening...

Also awaiting my attention over the next few days:

Lethbridge-Stewart: The Forgotten Son
Doctor Who: Amorality Tale
Doctor Who: Timelord Fairy Tales
Torchwood audio drama 1.5 - Uncanny Valley
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Going to start listening to Liberator Chronicles #12 as soon as I have time.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Starting on Timelord Fairy Tales this morning, the first six stories; read by Joanna Page (Elizabeth I), Adjoa Andoh (Mrs Jones), Ingrid Oliver (Osgood), Anne Reid (Nurse Crane), Dan Starkey (Strax) and Tom Baker
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Another three Timelord Fairy Tales this evening; read by Sophie Aldred, Rachael Stirling and Samuel Anderson.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The last six Timelord Fairy Tales this morning; read by Nick Briggs, Pippa Bennett Warner, Yasmin Paige, Michelle Gomez, Paul McGann and Andrew Brooke.

This is a rather good collection. They are all written by Justin Richards, some but not all featuring the Doctor but each one linked to a classic or modern era story. As a reading, each story is about 25 minutes long but they are mostly very effective despite being brief.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just starting on a new audiobook, the pilot for a new Doctor Who spin-off series that I'm quite excited about! Lethbridge-Stewart fills in the gap between The Web of Fear and The Invasion, with this first novel called The Forgotten Son and written by Andy Frankham-Allen; the audio release is read by Terry Molloy.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Forgotten Son was good and an enjoyable listen, but perhaps a little over ambitious. It ties together both Troughton stories and the three Smith episodes that featured the Intelligence, references Dark Water/Death in Heaven, provides a complex family back story for the Brigadier (still an army Colonel here) and ends up very timey wimey indeed! The character of the Brigadier is spot on though, with dialogue and internal thoughts that sound right and ring true, and the story also reintroduces another Web of Fear creation who is a regular in this book/audio series - Anne Travers. Highly recommended, and I'm looking forward to the next one...

In the meantime, this evening I'm starting on Amorality Tale; written in 2002 by David Bishop and read on audiobook by Dan Starkey, the novel is set in the organised crime scene of London's East End in the 1950s...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just got in from work to find that Call Me Jacks was delivered this morning, so that's this afternoon sorted!

Also in the parcel:

Torchwood: More Than This
Doctor Who: Infernal Devices

Doctor Who: Shakedown, read by Dan Starkey
Doctor Who: The King's Demons, read by Mark Strickson
Lethbridge-Stewart: The Schizoid Earth, read by Terry Molloy

Spaceship Dispatcher
Torchwood: More Than This, the last episode of Big Finish's first audio series...

Starring Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper

Spaceship Dispatcher
Listening to John Hurt, Jacqueline Pearce, David Warner and Zoe Tapper in Doctor Who: Infernal Devices this afternoon...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Doctor Who: The King's Demons, written by Terence Dudley and read by Mark Strickson (Turlough)

This is the first time that Mark Strickson has read a BBC audiobook, though he's done plenty of Big Finish, and he's really rather good. Turlough is one of my favourite characters in the show, so it's one I have been looking forward to for some time...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Doctor Who: Shakedown; written by Terrance Dicks as a novelisation of the independent fan film Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans, first published in 1995 and now read by Dan Starkey.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Doctor Who: Shakedown; written by Terrance Dicks as a novelisation of the independent fan film Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans, first published in 1995 and now read by Dan Starkey.

I had no idea a novel of that existed, SD. Have you seen the video? Kevin Davies did himself proud, and had Brian Croucher and Jan Chappell in the thing as well. We always wanted to tour HMS Belfast as that is where they filmed much of it.

rojkerr1
Very well written novel, the first published under the non-Target imprint

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I had no idea a novel of that existed, SD. Have you seen the video? Kevin Davies did himself proud, and had Brian Croucher and Jan Chappell in the thing as well. We always wanted to tour HMS Belfast as that is where they filmed much of it.

I was never really happy with the film, but do enjoy the book.

rojkerr1
the rutan was amazing

Travisina
Part one of a new radio dramatisation of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World on BBC Radio 4. It's on iPlayer, if you're interested: Brave New World
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,164,200 unique visits since 8th January 2014