Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What Are You Listening To?
Spaceship Dispatcher
Some interesting new audios delivered this morning:

Torchwood: One Rule
Dr Who: Only the Monstrous
Dr Who: Death to the Daleks
read by Jon Culshaw
Dr Who: Shadow in the Glass read by India Fisher

Wasting no time and getting straight on with listening to the new Torchwood episode!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
The new episode of Torchwood was excellent, so now I'm moving onto the three episodes of Only the Monstrous; the cast list of OtM is really impressive with John Hurt as the Doctor, Jacqueline Pearce as a Timelord Cardinal very much like a certain high ranking Federation official, Carolyn Seymour of Survivors fame, Lucy Briggs-Owen from the Avengers audios, and of course Nick Briggs as the ubiquitous voice of the Daleks!!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Travisina
The new BBC Radio 4 serial dramatisation of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre.
http://www.bbc.co...s/b072jdqk

I love Jane Eyre, it's one of my all time favourite books and I've seen most film and TV adaptations. This new version is rather good - as is often the way, 'the pictures are better on the radio'.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
This morning I'm listening to Doctor Who: Death to the Daleks, read by Jon Culshaw; his Jon Pertwee impressions are as good as his famous Tom Baker ones!

JustBrad
The War Doctor set 1

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

The War Doctor set 1

Only the Monstrous was a good production. I wasn't sure which way Big Finish were going to go with it, but ended up very impressed!

I enjoyed the audiobook of Death to the Daleks this morning, the novel of Terry Nation's story written by Terrance Dicks; the text was basically a straight description of the episodes, a transference between teleplay and prose mediums, but Jon Culshaw put on such a performance that there's much of note in this production.

I'm now starting on the audiobook reading of a 2001 original Doctor Who novel called Shadow in the Glass; it's a Sixth Doctor and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart story written by Stephen Cole and Justin Richards, read by India Fisher...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Going back to one of my first Doctor Who audiobook readings today...

Doctor Who and the Zarbi, Bill Strutton's novel based on his own amazing tv serial Doctor Who: The Web Planet, read by original cast member William Russell...

I remember buying this. The audiobooks had completely passed my attention by, and the tin of the first three stories was just an impulse purchase. The set contained readings by William Russell covering the novelisations of The Daleks, The Web Planet and The Crusades. As soon as I started listening to them I was addicted to both Doctor Who television adventures in prose form and the audiobook medium all over again, having lost touch with both since my mid-teens. All three stories went into the CD player one after the other and I have not missed a novelisation reading since!

rojkerr1
I liked him reading the Lair of the Zarbi supremo too

Spaceship Dispatcher
Doctor Who: The Last Voyage - an original adventure written for audio only, read by David Tennant very soon after leaving the show and my favourite of the 'audio exclusive' stream of the New Series Adventures range. The setting of a passenger craft that passes between dimensions rather than through space is similar to one of my favourite Out of the Unknown episodes, entitled Lambda 1, realised here in prose form very effectively.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Getting into the mood for the upcoming Big Finish mini-series The Tenth Doctor Adventures by listening to Catherine Tate read Doctor Who: The Nemonite Invasion, written by David Roden.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Getting into the mood for the upcoming Big Finish mini-series The Tenth Doctor Adventures by listening to Catherine Tate read Doctor Who: The Nemonite Invasion, written by David Roden.

No THE David Roden who did Dimensions In Time Shock Shock

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

No THE David Roden who did Dimensions In Time

Afraid so. Shock

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

No THE David Roden who did Dimensions In Time

Afraid so. Shock

Well, I hope this is a better story. Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Still never seen Dimensions in Time all the way through Grin

The Nemonite Invasion is a middling kind of story, a shallow monster story inspired more by zombie invasion movies than Doctor Who, but he got the Doctor and Donna right and Catherine Tate is a great reader.

trevor travis

Still never seen Dimensions in Time all the way through Grin

That says it all - it's only about 15 minutes long Grin

EDIT: On original transmission, you could vote if Big Ron or Mandy saved the Doctor. Pfft

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:
Big Ron or Mandy

I skim-read that as Ron Moody!

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:
Big Ron or Mandy

I skim-read that as Ron Moody!

You're maybe unaware of Big Ron and Mandy from EastEnders. Big Ron is perhaps the most famous extra in the world. Or is that Harry Fielder? Correction: Big Ron is perhaps the second most famous extra in the world.

PS If you're unaware of "Dimensions In Time", then that's a plus. Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Doctor Who: The Rising Night - written by Scott Handcock and read by Michelle Ryan, this story is a 'Tenth Doctor' adventure set during the period between The Stolen Earth and The End of Time.

Yes, two and a half hours of Michelle Ryan reading me a story. Wink

rojkerr1
Big Ron was in Destiny of the daleks

BradPaula
Listened to 'No More Lies' Big Finish, Paul McGann with Nigel Havers, Julia McKenzie, and Tom Chadbon. Then, 'Conduct Unbecoming' by BBV, with Tom Chadbon. And last evening, the Big Finish Sarah Jane Smith audio 'Buried Secrets' with Tom Chadbon. Gee you'd think I actually liked that actor or something.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,130,847 unique visits since 8th January 2014