Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blakes 7 T-Shirts and Mugs
BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

good for you Paula, always thought Fielding had a few issues, mind you, wasn't her husband an arms dealer?

Oh, my, didn't know that! I must admit that watching Avon for the past 30 years tends to give one ideas on how to handle recalcitrant people, and Janet certainly has more than a bit of Tegan in her, or is that the other way around? LOL.

I may be just another face in the crowd but I don't allow anyone to demean our fandom, a fandom which has done nothing but enrich my life for more than 30 years!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

dragonq
The shirts are nice but a bit expensive for me. On an unrelated subject, has anybody else bought the Blake's 7 fabric from Spoonflower? I have wondered who originated the design, and if it was one of us.

littlesue
meegat39 wrote:

Oh! Loved the story Annie, especially Part One. Loved Part Two as well, so nice to have everything nicely tied up at the end. Yes, the tears fell at the end, wonderful! I've celebrated by ordering a new Blake's 7 T. Redbubble are running a promotion for today only - order by 8pm British time - 20% off with the code: WHATUWEAR Grin

Which one has caught your eye?
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
I don't know about Meegat but I ordered a nice grey T Shirt with a picture of a rather yummy computer tec on the back! Now I bet you're surprised!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
meegat39 wrote:

I've celebrated by ordering a new Blake's 7 T. Redbubble are running a promotion for today only - order by 8pm British time - 20% off with the code: WHATUWEAR :D

Some interesting designs there! I see Kathryn Anderson has a number of illos she did for Enarrare and Chronicles available as t-shirt designs. It's worth looking just for Kat's artwork.
Click!

And what's this one about? Click!

meegat39
littlesue wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Oh! Loved the story Annie, especially Part One. Loved Part Two as well, so nice to have everything nicely tied up at the end. Yes, the tears fell at the end, wonderful! I've celebrated by ordering a new Blake's 7 T. Redbubble are running a promotion for today only - order by 8pm British time - 20% off with the code: WHATUWEAR Grin

Which one has caught your eye?

I ordered the Keep calm and teleport t shirt in black. And I ordered a Zen t shirt about a week ago on their last promotion - gulp!!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

meegat39
Joe Dredd wrote:

I don't know what it's about JD, but that sure does look like Paul Darrow's face!!

guiser
meegat39 wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

I don't know what it's about JD, but that sure does look like Paul Darrow's face!!

That T-shirt quotes what PD said when he was a contestant on " The Adventure Game". I think he had a problem working out Roman numerals! The episode is on YouTube somewhere. I can remember reading a post on livejournal (or was it tumblr?) where someone threatened to make a T-shirt of this and lo there it is! Smile

Joe Dredd
Oh yes, of course! Thanks guiser. The photo made me think it must be to do with his Sheriff of Nottingham role but the caption didn't make any sense (or even sound right) in that context.

He was sporting the beard when he did the Adventure Game of course!

littlesue
Joe Dredd wrote:

Oh yes, of course! Thanks guiser. The photo made me think it must be to do with his Sheriff of Nottingham role but the caption didn't make any sense (or even sound right) in that context.

He was sporting the beard when he did the Adventure Game of course!

And in Drake's Venture. I think the Adventure game was filmed around about the time he was off on the high seas with John Thaw and getting his head cut off!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
You know, in the old days of Horizon, there used to be available for sale VHS tapes of adverts and programs the Blake's 7 actors had been in. I believe there were two separate tapes of things like Paul Darrow in The Adventure Game and various adverts too. I have them stored away somewhere but remember fondly seeing Paul and others try to solve the mystery in the Adventure Game, a 'Battle of the Network Stars' type competition with Paul and Jacqueline Pearce, some program with Michael Keating as a nefarious butcher, and clips of Steven Pacey singing songs from West Side Story. Now mind you, these videos were home taped and taken off the television so often they were not of the best quality, but in those days, you grabbed what you could. But fond memories they are seeing our favorite actors in things other than Blake's 7.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Anniew
Paula I'd have loved to see Michael as a nefarious butcher! The Adventure Game is on youtube as well as the wimpy add and the mobility scooter ad with Paul
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
BradPaula wrote:

You know, in the old days of Horizon, there used to be available for sale VHS tapes of adverts and programs the Blake's 7 actors had been in. I believe there were two separate tapes of things like Paul Darrow in The Adventure Game and various adverts too. I have them stored away somewhere but remember fondly seeing Paul and others try to solve the mystery in the Adventure Game, a 'Battle of the Network Stars' type competition with Paul and Jacqueline Pearce, some program with Michael Keating as a nefarious butcher, and clips of Steven Pacey singing songs from West Side Story.

I remember the segment with Steven Pacey singing whilst up a ladder. The interviewer asked him about B7 and he said it had run out of ideas after the second series. I thought that was a funny comment given he joined in series 3!

All I can remember of the All Star Challenge thing was the bit with Servalan and Darth Vader together.

There was also an advert with Brian Croucher tiling his bathroom - having "a spot of bovva!", also Jan Chappell drinking Campari, Glynis Barber eating Lindt and a BMW ad with voice over by Paul Darrow. (Take all these brand names with a touch of salt, it's been years.)

Paul's commercial for Hamlet cigars was also there ("Captain! The edge of the world!"). Oh yes, and Michael Keating in some sketch show (Paul Daniels??) - a rabbit joke about "mixing me toasties!"

I also had the blooper reel on a VHS tape, plus various other odds and ends. There was a memorable double set of tapes from a NZ con (ConFederation?) with Paul, Michael and Janet. As always, the quality wasn't great but it was lots of fun. Paul made a reference to nostrils at one point. Janet didn't think that was in the best taste, so Paul kept teasing her by working 'nostrils' into everything he talked about. At the end everyone sang "See you later, alligator" but as "See you later, Liberator" ("Go to go, Scorpio"). Michael Keating sang with particular gusto.

Frankymole
Joe Dredd wrote:
I remember the segment with Steven Pacey singing whilst up a ladder. The interviewer asked him about B7 and he said it had run out of ideas after the second series. I thought that was a funny comment given he joined in series 3!
And I don't know how much attention he paid it in its earlier seasons, as he relates how he was always asking his mate to go out for the evening but the latter insisted on staying in to watch Blakes 7. Maybe Steven joined him!

Spaceresearcher
It is a shame about the price. They used to do a discount for Horizon members and sometimes they do a discount for bulk buys. I'd buy a lot more of them since my original order if they were around 30% less(essentially around the same price as most of there other T-shirts).

Never the less, it's great there available and who would have thought official mugs would appear. Great to see.

JustBrad
Spaceresearcher wrote:

It is a shame about the price.

I suspect there are two factors at work, inflation and the law of 'supply and demand.' B7 is enjoying it's second, and probably final, golden age of popularity, leading to greater demand, leading to higher prices. That's the way it goes with any commodity.

Spaceresearcher
I'm suspecting it's probably more a case of print on demand. If there were mass batches produced turn over is more important which does not look to be the case at the moment. But hey, you can actually purchase Blakes 7 clothing. That in itself is worth the price to me but as I already have a number of them, I can wait until a deal arises.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,849,183 unique visits since 8th January 2014