Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Game of Thrones
BradPaula
Baelish is helping Sansa for his own means. Whether he is substituting Sansa for the obsession he had with her mother Kat, is unknown.

And my favorite character after Tyrion - Ser Jorah. I love Iain Glen!!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Baelish is helping Sansa for his own means. Whether he is substituting Sansa for the obsession he had with her mother Kat, is unknown.

Actually, it comes across in the books as pretty blatant.

Poor Lysa, what a tragic character. Thwarted in love, forced to marry an old man who could only give her a sickly weakling child, poisoned with jealousy for her sister. At least Catelyn got a decent husband with Ned.

GoT is so cleverly written - I dislike Lysa, but still feel a deep, wrenching pity for her - hers was such an unhappy life.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
@Travisina: I haven't read the books yet, but it seems I'll have to to get a better handle on what GRRM had in mind.

Who loved the Hound? *me*
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
Tonight's HBO episode. I have waited from the first scene of the first episode for the long foreshadowed zombie apocalypse....

And I was not disappointed.

Lurena
Recently I managed to lay hand on the first book (in English) as I got too curious about GOT since I had to copy the Daenerys costume, wig and make up for my daughter who was asked to cosplay/portray this character at the opening of the GOT Exhibition Amsterdam.
What a great story, I have only about 20 pages to read, then I will hunt for the next book!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
The first ever organised Horizon rewatch of Game of Thrones begins in January, starting with series one!

These are the provisional dates, with episodes to be confirmed (since we might sometimes watch two)

Friday 15th January 2016
Friday 22nd January 2016
Friday 29th January 2016
Friday 5th February 2016
Friday 12th February 2016
Friday 19th February 2016

All are welcome to join Paula and myself for our rewatches of this modern classic!

Episode titles and further dates will be announced on the Horizon Rewatch Schedule...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Anniew
since you all recommend this so highly I may try GOT again but it's probably a bit gory for me. I found Beowulf, return to the Shieldlands enough of a shock!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

markab2
I've not seen one episode of this, not one! Am I missing something?

Spaceship Dispatcher
markab2 wrote:

...Am I missing something?

In one word... YES!!! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

JustBrad
markab2 wrote:

I've not seen one episode of this, not one! Am I missing something?

The best TV series since Blake's 7.

(Not including Band Of Brothers, which I consider a miniseries)

markab2
Looks like I best put this on the viewing list.

Travisina
markab2 wrote:

Looks like I best put this on the viewing list.

And reading!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

markab2
Someone has loaned me the 1-4 series box set of Game of Thrones. I have looked inside the box and the DVDs are endless! I hope he doesn't want it back too soon. Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
markab2 wrote:

Someone has loaned me the 1-4 series box set of Game of Thrones. I have looked inside the box and the DVDs are endless! I hope he doesn't want it back too soon. Grin

The number of disks is thanks to all the extras, but each season is only 10x50mins I believe.

BradPaula
Got Game of Thrones series 5 for Easter today! Yay!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Well, I watched the first five episodes of s5 today and have found it a bit of a non-event so far. It's very fragmented, lacking the sharp dialogue of the earlier series' ensemble set pieces. I don't really have much to write about the first half of this season, and hardly any memorable scenes to relay. Here's hoping for a few more discussion points from the second half of the series! One thing that is standing out is Daenerys' continued development into one of television's most deliciously evil screen villains, with a callous yet politically manipulative quality very much in the Servalan league...

markab2
I am STILL only on season 1. I think I might have watched some of it in the wrong order for some reason...but I will carry on!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Watched episodes six to eight today (out of ten) and the series is definitely picking up after quite a slow start. The pairing between Jaime and Bronn is turning into a memorable double act, and Diana Rigg returns in episode six resulting in a great scene with Cersei. The freshen up of the visuals is good in this series, something that becomes most apparent from six onwards, as we add Arabian Nights to the list of historical influences alongside medieval Britain, the English Scottish borders, ancient Rome and the Greek myths. Another great pairing and scene occurs in episode eight when Tyrion debates/flirts with Daenerys, especially a memorable comic moment with a wine goblet. Notably, Sophie Turner is finally getting some great material to work with as Sansa as the character becomes deeper and more interesting. When I reached the infamous sexual assault scene, that caused the internet to melt down, I was actually surprised by how non-graphic it was compared with the show in general and similar scenes in other shows. Casting wise it was interesting for me to see Birgitte Hjort Sorenson (Midsomer Murders, Pitch Perfect 2) as a Wildling and, on a purely frivolous note, the Sand Snakes were definitely worth the price of the dvd alone...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Watched the final two episodes of series 5 this morning! Pretty good, with the pseudo-Roman gladiatorial event escalating through various dramatic levels from sharp dialogue exchanges through unexpected appearances and a life being saved to pitched battle, lives lost and the most dramatic of all rescues. There was a lot going on through these two episodes without the pace feeling rushed, and there was plenty of chance for the cast to shine even with the greater amount of effects sequences. Sansa continues to develop into a more interesting character, but I do worry that we've taken a massive backwards step with Daenerys...
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 14 April 2016 17:00:24

Angry Angel
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I do worry that we've taken a massive backwards step with Daenerys...

Do you remember when Dany was in Qarth in s2 and she met a masked woman who told her "To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow."

I'm guessing what happens to Dany in s6 is related to "To go forward you must go back", implying that it has been planned and is not just a way for the character to kill time while other things happen.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.37 seconds
9,862,810 unique visits since 8th January 2014