Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Game of Thrones
Spaceship Dispatcher
Joffrey's dead.

Who says good things don't happen in this show?
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Klenotka
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Joffrey's dead.

But who are we going to hate now? Grin

I loved Arya even more in season 4, btw. Maisie Williams is great.
Donīt be Lasagne

Spaceship Dispatcher
Klenotka wrote:

Joffrey's dead.

Cersei?

I loved Arya even more in season 4, btw. Maisie Williams is great.

She's one of my favourite characters too, so I'll be very interested to see what role Maisie Williams plays in Doctor Who this year.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Klenotka
Cersei is...confilcted. She is a b***, yes, but there were moments when I felt sorry for her. She is probably as capable and able to take the throne as THE Queen (not just as mother queen but as a sovereign ruler) but her father constantly undermines her (just as he does it with his other kids) and the society just behaves to women as it was a custom in the middle age. And she accepted her role of a "woman" at the court. It is painful to watch sometimes cos she could be much more. She is also a mother and even though Joffrey is was creepy, evil monster (which she admitted), he is still her son. It is like with every mother whose kid does something bad and she still supports him.

I am not saying it is a GOOD thing, just that there are certain reasons to pity Cersei and not necessarily just hate her. As 90% of the other characters on GoT, she has shades of grey in her character, too Smile

And then there is that incest thing which is naturally wrong and creepy Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

JustBrad
Klenotka wrote:

Joffrey's dead.

There is a long list, but no one whose death I will cheer as loudly as Joffrey's.
Tywin's death was more of a 'Oh, my god,' moment, but the set up was better in the book.

BradPaula
I cheered loudly as Joffrey bought it. Cercei, although I do feel for her, needs to atone for all her sins. I wait eagerly for that to happen. Six hours until the premiere!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Barristan: And we have taken the Meereenese navy, Your Grace.
Denaerys: The Second Sons took the Meereenese navy. Who told you to take the navy?
Barristan: No one.
Denaerys: So why did you do it?
Barristan: I heard you liked ships...

Denaerys: ...how many ships?

LOL LOL Grin Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Cersei: When will the wedding take place in your mind?
Tywin: as soon as decency permits. After we've allowed Tommen the appropriate time to mourn his brother and Margaery to mourn her husband.
Cersei: a fortnight?

LOL Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Yay, Mark Gatiss! Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
Two real highlights of the show for me in The Laws of Gods and Men; Deny holding court as Queen of Meereen, and the trial of Tyrion in the court of Kings Landing. In a show with such complexity, it's often neither practical or even possible to show such visual and political contrasts side by side in this way.

meegat39
Seen the new episode - loved it!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Should fit episodes 7-10 into today, all being well... Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
Finished s4 today! Does anyone else have any more favourite moments or watching memories of the season? The fall of Sansa's auntie caught me by surprise, but I was aware of Tywin's final confrontation with his father in advance. As usual, many of my favourite scenes involved Deny, and Jon remains another favourite character. The Lannisters are in a bit of a mess at the end of all that too...

Klenotka
SD: What happened, we used to have similar favourite characters and everything Grin Wink I think Jon is the least interesting, to be honest. I am not sure why but one of my friends described his situation as "He suffers outside the Wall, he suffers on the Wall..." I hope his storyline gets better next year. I enjoyed his story in previous seasons.
Daenerys used to be great but sadly, she is now attached to one place and I think she lost a little appeal but I hope she will get better this season (I donīt know the books so I am will be glady surprised). That said, I think her scene where she killed the slave master, took over his castle, his soldiers and released her dragons at him, was the coolest scene on GoT so far.

Season 4? It is weird that I have most scenes blurry cos I watch it all at once so I am not sure if those are from S4...
Aryaīs hysterical laugh when she found out her aunt died (definitely season 4)
Arya and Hound walk into the pub....
Arya and her "But I am hungry...." (yes, I love Arya a lot Grin )

Tyrion and his trial, the speech to his father, to the court, basically everything he said would (ironically) make him a good King.

The scene with chairs - not sure if it was Season (I think it was), where Cersei and Tyrion carry chairs to be as close to their father as possible at the meeting.

Basically everything Tyrion said to Joffrey Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

BradPaula
You didn't see what was going to happen to Sansa's auntie beforehand, SD? I saw it like a parade marching down 5th Avenue with a big brass band at the head of it all. As soon as she saw Peter kiss Sansa in the garden, I knew it wasn't going to end well. But what a way to go! I am getting this sense of deja vu watching Game of Thrones- very similar to Blake's 7. All my favorite characters are being killed one by one. Of course I liked Ned Stark, but he was destined to die by his stupidly. I was really upset that The Hound was left to die. Joffrey? No- cheered that one. Just don't mess with Tyrion, as he's my favorite and he certainly deserves something good given the life he has lived so far. But how about that 4th series ending? Shades of B7 episode 52. LOL. I am not ashamed to say I'm as hooked on GoT as I am Blake's 7.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
SD: Yes, House Lannister is falling to pieces. The head has been cut off the Lion.

As for Lysa Arryn, her fate, and her plots with Lord Baelish, all the pieces fell into place for us last season when Little Finger gave his 'Chaos is a ladder,' speech.

Baelish is now rightful lord of the Vale, has Sansa, whom he believes to be the heir to Winterfell on his side so he can rally the North, and in the Knights of the Vale, he has the only large army that has yet to see combat.

He also has an unassailable fortress.... unless something unforeseen happens... like... gee... I don't know... Dragons?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Klenotka wrote:

SD: What happened, we used to have similar favourite characters and everything Grin Wink ...

My favourite characters, after four series and including those no longer around...

#1 Daenerys Targaryen
#2 Margaery Tyrell
#3 Tyrion Lannister
#4 Eddard Stark
#5 Jon Snow
#6 Ser Jorah
#7 Ser Davos

...with an honorable mention to the man with the most memorable lines: Hodor
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 17 April 2015 17:12:28

JustBrad
The characters of GoT are so deep and complex that it is hard to pick. There are virtually no pure heroes (apart from Ed Stark), and no pure villains (apart from Joffrey Lannister Baratheon and possibly Petyr Baelish). Everyone has deep and often conflicting motives, and it is a joy to watch them work through their problems.

As Travisina said, when watching or reading about the Battle of Blackwater, you find yourself sympathizing with both sides. That requires some deep and complex writing.

I've given up on writing a list of faves, it's too long.

Spaceship Dispatcher
How can Petyr Baelish be a 'pure' villain when he saved Sansa from certain death, probably worse, at Cersei's hands - whatever his motives? And even then, he kills someone to save her. Again, there were other motives at play; but imo it's not pure villainy.

JustBrad
Indeed, thus the 'possibly' preceding 'Petyr Baelish.'

Spoilers:

However, it was Baelish who told Lysa Arryn to write to her sister, framing the Lannister's for her husband, Lord Arryn's, death. It was Baelish who gave Lysa the poison to murder her husband, it was Baelish who told Cat Stark that the dagger used in the attempt on Bran's life belonged to Tyrion, it was Baelish who conspired with the Tyrell's to murder Joffrey and frame Tyrion, and it was Baelish who set up and betrayed Eddard Stark to Cersei. So if he 'rescued' Sansa, he only 'rescued' her from his own plot.

As for his motives, I am content to watch his game play out, but I don't doubt that he would sacrifice anyone, including Sansa, to further his own ends.

Baelish: Always keep your foes confused. If they don't know who you are or what you want, they can't know what you plan to do next.
Ros: And what is it you want, my lord?
Baelish: Everything.

To paraphrase Lord Varys, I wouldn't bet against him.
Edited by JustBrad on 17 April 2015 18:26:36

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.70 seconds
9,112,752 unique visits since 8th January 2014