Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
2.6 Truth & Lies *spoilers*
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

As terrific as Tom Chadbon is as an actor and I may incur the wrath of Paula here, but I feel BF has used Grant enough now...

I agree, and perhaps Paula will, too, on the simple logic that if Grant stays too long, he is not Grant. He is used to giving orders, not taking them, and he will never be in command of Liberator.

This does not exclude the idea of a spin off for Tom. I know BF does not have the rights to City of Death, but I would love to see a Dirk Gently thriller / spoof: Dirk Duggan's Punch-istic Detective Agency. (If you haven't solved the crime in 50 minutes, you haven't punched someone hard enough).

Spaceship Dispatcher
What's to say that he won't take command at some point, if they start parallel storylines for Avon and Grant with the latter being the one on the Liberator? Big Finish frequently do (and imo already have in this case) go off on tangential alternate universe scenarios, as with the Doctor Who audios with Erimem travelling with the 5th Doctor or an older post-Terminus Nyssa joining up with Tegan and Turlough.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 17 August 2015 15:59:28
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

What's to say that he won't take command at some point, if they start parallel storylines for Avon and Grant with the latter being the one on the Liberator? Big Finish frequently do (and imo already have in this case) go off on tangential alternate universe scenarios, as with the Doctor Who audios with Erimem travelling with the 5th Doctor or an older post-Terminus Nyssa joining up with Tegan and Turlough.

Eminem travelling with the 5th Doctor?

So the Daleks are defeated via a combination of cricket and rap music? Grin
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 17 August 2015 15:58:42

Spaceship Dispatcher
Erimem, the lost Pharaoh... Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis

Erimem, the lost Pharaoh... Happy

Ah, not Slim Shady then Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
You didn't notice the actual major typo though Oops

Now erased from history, before you look for it... Grin

JustBrad

What's to say that he won't take command at some point....

I'm talking permanent command. Think of Grant as Captain Jack Sparrow, and Avon as Barbosa....

Better yet, don't...

And don't tell me you haven't seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies...

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

And don't tell me you haven't seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies...

I have, and had gone to a great deal of trouble trying to forget them again! Just for that, I'll mention Jar Jar Binks... so there. Grin

JustBrad
... Jar Jar Binks... so there. Grin

(Engages Stardrive): Who?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Del Grant played by Johnny Depp?..... erm, no

What would Paula say?! Did I just hear the scream? Grin

JustBrad

No, but you may have heard the clang of street sign against head in a Welsh accent.

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Interesting point.

I'm undecided, to be honest. Grant is only in one televised story, so we don't know much about the chap. He's an open book. Who's to say what's in character and what's out of it?

As terrific as Tom Chadbon is as an actor and I may incur the wrath of Paula here, but I feel BF has used Grant enough now, because it's the regulars who should be taking centre stage (with other characters only appearing as one-off guest appearances). Grant only needs to be in one further story, in which he is either killed off or departs, with something happening to put Avon in a suitably bad mood for "Terminal"...

TT, I totally agree with you. We have had enough of Grant for the time being. It has gone from oh, wow- it's Grant to having him marginalized as a character in the last full cast audios. And much as I love the character, and it seems Cavan Scott does too- it is time to surprise us with new characters, and I don't mean new creations by the writers I mean Bayban, and Carnell and others who figured in the B7 universe. Of course, if the story came along which would fit Grant, he could pop in from time to time, as he would have as a mercenary, asking for help, or just meeting up for an exchange of information in the fight against the Federation. Whatever Big Finish does, please don't kill him off as you might regret it. I had enough of killing off Grant in the Lucifer book a while back. Very bad decision I'd say. So yes- let him go his merry way and he can carve out his little war with the Federation on the planets of his choosing. Amen.
Edited by BradPaula on 17 August 2015 18:55:32
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula

I'm entirely for that, SD. The character is too good and Tom is such a finessed and accomplished actor, especially as a voice actor, I could see easily going off into an alternate universe or having a Del Grant: Mercenary series of audios. Are you listening, Big Finish??

BradPaula

Yes, you just hear the scream. I have always said that if there had ever been a reboot (no- I don't in my heart believe it will ever see the light of day, and frankly don't want it to) I'd have liked Kieffer Sutherland to play Grant. Think of his character in 24- and I think with some fine tuning you have a match. Just my thoughts as no one could ever replace TC. Yes, I'm that big of fan.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Rory Kinnear would be my choice for Del Grant in a new series.

BradPaula

Rory Kinnear would be my choice for Del Grant in a new series.

Hmmm... why didn't you pick a good actor? Just joking, he's amazing and I know his old dad would have been proud!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.85 seconds
9,822,317 unique visits since 8th January 2014