Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 966
· Newest Rebel: Chris77

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [24 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [15 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
17% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [15 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [6 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 107
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
rojkerr1
the beyondness of things, John Barry

Child Of Auron
"Hello and Goodbye" taken from the soundtrack to the movie Evita.

Madonna sings most of the song but there are a couple of lines at the end sung by Andrea Corr

sweevo
The famous Metal Gear Solid theme, popularised in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Epic with a capital E. Smile

Psychostrategist
The Kaldor City audios, featuring Paul Darrow, Brian Croucher, and many familiar Dr Who and Blake's 7 actors.

I guess it's not that humour doesn't work in sci-fi, it's just that it's not easy to do, to craft characters and situations where modern-day humour equivalents are in-character. This series has lots of humour and well implemented. The most amusing line so far : "And as for the whoring allowance..."

[EDIT: Okay, the whoring allowance just got bumped from the top slot for best joke from Kaldor City.

"I also remember on another occasion we came upon what looked like a huge glitter ball hanging in space and at its center we found a gigantic orange brain that contained all the knowledge of the universe."

"That's amazing! What did you do?"

"We blew it up. Nobody likes a smartass."]

Edited by Psychostrategist on 31 January 2018 01:08:58

Child Of Auron
"When All Is Said And Done" by ABBA, although a track from their final album this particular version is from their More Gold compilation

rojkerr1
Star Trek TMP soundtrack extended edition, Spock Walk...

sweevo
An overlooked movie with a slightly messy plot - the music redeems it though thanks to the genius of the late great Jerry Goldsmith (OK, it is the ST saga's first attempt at a big-screen adventure, but I think it could have been condensed or compressed slightly - 2 1/4 hours of fancy special effects doesn't make it 2001: A Space Odyssey: The Next Generation).

Child Of Auron
"Summer Son" by Texas

rojkerr1
sweevo -It is very overblown and drawn out, and humourless -and basically a writ large remake of the classic Trek episode the Changeling by John Lucas, much prefer Harlan Ellisons original pitches, a reptilian race trying to prevent dinosaurs being rendered extinct, and a black wall at the end of the universe, with Gods face peeping out.. actually that sounds like Star Trek V!

rojkerr1
they got it right with Trek II, still one of my fave movies!

Child Of Auron
Stevie Nicks singing her Fleetwood Mac classic "Landslide" at The Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood as part of her 1991 solo tour

sweevo
Kraftwerk Smile Favourites include "The Robots", "Neon Lights", "Tour De France", "Radioactivity", "Computer World" and "Trans-Europe Express" (I have both English and German versions - the English lyrics work better on some songs and the German ones on others).

Child Of Auron
"That Ol' Devil Called Love" by Alison Moyet

rojkerr1
I love Tour de France, and the model, got an autobahn t shirt!

sweevo
Now onto some of Alice Cooper's hits such as "Love's a Loaded Gun", "Feed My Frankenstein", "Hey Stoopid" and "Poison", to celebrate the man's birthday. Smile

Child Of Auron
"To Know Him Is To Love Him" by Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris. Taken from Dolly's Greatest Hits album

Child Of Auron
"Starter" by The Cardigans from their Gran Turismo album

rojkerr1
I love Favourite game

Child Of Auron
So do I Rojkerr1 but Erase/Rewind is my favourite Cardigans song not only from the Gran Turismo album but from their entire catalogue

Child Of Auron
"Carnival Begin" By Lindsay Buckingham & Christine McVie from their 2017 self titled album

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
11,136,084 unique visits since 8th January 2014