Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,151
· Newest Rebel: MSI

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

I just found my double lp of Jeff Lynn's War of the Worlds..

oooh..la!

Mine is safely tucked up in amongst our extensive LP collection and I now have the CD...and the DVD of one of the concerts with the late Richard Burton's Hologram. Mind blowingGrin

I wonder where mine is? I love love LOVE that LP, and the fab art booklet that came with it.

I had the original LP for my birthday and played it non stop. I used to be able to do all the dialogue..."the voice of the devil is heard in the land" / "I thought you surely burnt." - "I thought you surely drowned." ... strangely, I have heard it in different formats / anniversary editions since then and some part always sounds different to me. The last time I played a cd version I thought they had put a few extra bars of guitar at the end of "side 1".
I must be getting loopy like the Artillery Man...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
a huge rounded bulk larger than a bear rose up slowly glistening like wet leather...its lipless mouth quivered and slapped and snake like tentacles writhed as the clumsy body heaved and pulsated....my fave album! what do u mean getting loopy sparepart...? u already are!

rojkerr1
Mike Trim did the fighting machine artwork. Very nice man -Gerry Anderson designer, UFO scarlet, I have his original sketch for the Angel Transporter, Seek and Destroy, complete with adhesive marks!

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

a huge rounded bulk larger than a bear rose up slowly glistening like wet leather...its lipless mouth quivered and slapped and snake like tentacles writhed as the clumsy body heaved and pulsated....my fave album! what do u mean getting loopy sparepart...? u already are!

I didn't know you featured in the story...

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
I bought my copy with my birthday money , I was 14 ..

i have a vinyl to digital record player/technically thingamabob which I'm starting to transcribe all my old school 33 1/3 and 45 rpm stuff. I missed out on my grandparents 78 rpm records because my cousin got there first.

eta I really shouldn't be surprised that you good people understand the how this double album has stood the test of time.

Now Listening to ELO's Time album
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

rojkerr1
!@#$%^&*

One Spare Part

I bought my copy with my birthday money , I was 14 ..

i have a vinyl to digital record player/technically thingamabob which I'm starting to transcribe all my old school 33 1/3 and 45 rpm stuff. I missed out on my grandparents 78 rpm records because my cousin got there first.

eta I really shouldn't be surprised that you good people understand the how this double album has stood the test of time.

It seems to have made a deep impression with everyone who listened to it. Who could have predicted its success? But with quality acts (verbal and musical), it had a good start and the songs are very sing-able. I think different people were attracted to this album by different aspects...and ended up loving the whole album.
Has anyone tried the remake featuring Liam Neeson as the narrator/journalist?

sweevo
Genesis's supposedly "undisputed masterpiece" Invisible Touch - highlights include the title track, "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight", "Land of Confusion", the "Domino" suite and the instrumental "The Brazilian".

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
One Spare Part wrote:

There's a re-make???

Liam Neelson is on a par with Ewan McGregor as not a good actor territory anymore.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part

One Spare Part wrote:

There's a re-make???

Liam Neelson is on a par with Ewan McGregor as not a good actor territory anymore.

Some of the singing is good but...I am with you regarding Liam Neeson and he is shockingly bad as the narrator. You can hear the wood creaking.

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Genesis's supposedly "undisputed masterpiece" Invisible Touch - highlights include the title track, "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight", "Land of Confusion", the "Domino" suite and the instrumental "The Brazilian".

Who said it was an undisputed masterpiece?

sweevo
Fictional character Patrick Bateman and protagonist of one of the most overrated movies of all time, American Psycho.

One Spare Part
Well that explains it then...

rojkerr1
Liam Neeson seems to be in deep doo doo!

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Liam Neeson seems to be in deep doo doo!

Only this time it's not because he is rubbish at acting.

Child Of Auron
Currently on the iPod is a demo of the 1979 Fleetwood Mac song "Sara" - often known as "The Cleaning Lady" version...

rojkerr1
yeah sparepart, this is very real

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

yeah sparepart, this is very real

The worse thing for me is that I heard a customer at work say the very same thing. The 1st line he said was "don't sit there I am a racist" to a man who had his 2 young daughters with him. It is very upsetting to hear but not unsurprising from THIS man. To hear that Neeson said this...too many people look to famous people to lead the way. Bad bad bad.

One Spare Part
Radiohead. They are totally brilliant.

rojkerr1
Devils planets, soundtrack to 3 dr who stories, including the Mutants, god its weird that one...totally electronic

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.83 seconds
22,836,553 unique visits since 8th January 2014