Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,142
· Newest Rebel: blackprince

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 158
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
One Spare Part
I completely agree. Noddy IS Christmasssssss!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
lol. Hope yr bro enjoys that ITC book, pleased you liked my writing! -my novelisation of Shadow is available free if you google Peter Anghelides wordpress shadow.
Just click on the word Shadow in the article. Apologies in advance for the photo...

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

lol. Hope yr bro enjoys that ITC book, pleased you liked my writing! -my novelisation of Shadow is available free if you google Peter Anghelides wordpress shadow.
Just click on the word Shadow in the article. Apologies in advance for the photo...

Downloaded! It better be good or else...(thinks of appropriate punishment)... oh darn, this is a family oriented forum and I cannot possibly write #@$^&*:;₩☆》
AngryOops
Have a great Xmas!

sweevo
"Thank God It's Christmas" backed with "A Winter's Tale" by Queen.

rojkerr1
Hope you like sparepart, least the cover good, and I was about 20 when I wrote it, with only my betamax copy to go on! The endings slightly different, and the prologue is completely original. Had great fun with the chapter headings, spot the band!
Punishment, mmmm, sounds good to me...have a wonderful Xmas!

rojkerr1
Hazel, did your bro like his presents? Hope so.
Forgot to mention -I have one of the prop novels from Jason King, A Page before Dying, my friend got it out of a skip at the ITC offices...it's an orange cover with a photo and biog on King -around the economic history of the british isles...!
Going to compile a list of Jason King novel titles in the series...I like People in glass houses shouldn't...Pardon me but your clutch is slipping...From china yours sincerely...

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Hazel, did your bro like his presents? Hope so.
Forgot to mention -I have one of the prop novels from Jason King, A Page before Dying, my friend got it out of a skip at the ITC offices...it's an orange cover with a photo and biog on King -around the economic history of the british isles...!
Going to compile a list of Jason King novel titles in the series...I like People in glass houses shouldn't...Pardon me but your clutch is slipping...From china yours sincerely...

He was very excited at the sight of the book and the cd had been on his wish list! Winner winner chicken dinner! My sister in law will be sick of listening to the cd very soon! Lol

rojkerr1
Got some Big Finish plays for Xmas, listening to Pier Pressure, Colin Baker story, Roy Hudd.

One Spare Part
Had In the Land of Pink and Grey by Caravan on cd for Crimbo.

rojkerr1
don't know them, will have to give them a listen! I tend to be stuck in an 80s electronica timewarp, musically

One Spare Part
Well be prepared - Caravan are a kind of jazz/prog rock band. Actually band makes them sound like a wild bunch which they aint!

rojkerr1
oky doke

One Spare Part
I think it's going to be a Prog-y new year! Digging out my Genesis albums.

rojkerr1
Jesus he knows me and he knows I'm right...do you mean Gabriel era, I love his solo stuff, jeux sans frontieres

sweevo
Best songs from each Genesis album (in my humble opinion):

1. The Silent Sun (From Genesis to Revelation, their long-disowned debut album)
2. The Knife (Trespass)
3. The Return of the Giant Hogweed (Nursery Cryme)
4. Supper's Ready (Foxtrot)
5. After the Ordeal (Selling England By the Pound)
6. The Carpet Crawlers (The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway)
7. Ripples (A Trick of the Tail)
8. Afterglow (Wind & Wuthering)
9. Many Too Many (And Then There Were 3)
10. Turn It On Again (Duke)
11. Dodo/Lurker (Abacab)
12. Home By the Sea Suite (Genesis, AKA "The Shapes Album" )
13. Domino Suite (Invisible Touch)
14. Fading Lights (We Can't Dance)
15. The Dividing Line (Calling All Stations)

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Jesus he knows me and he knows I'm right...do you mean Gabriel era, I love his solo stuff, jeux sans frontieres

My 1st Genesis album - bought in a mystical whim - was And Then There were 3 but I quickly backtracked (Duke had not come out at that time) and got Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering. So I started with the VERY melodic stuff. Foxtrot became a firm favourite and Selling England by the Pound grew on me...they became too "commercial" sound wise near the end for me. Preferred Rutherford and Banks tunes. But I quickly got Gabriel's 1st 3 solos after hearing The Lamb. Still faves today. I could go on...oh I am...

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Best songs from each Genesis album (in my humble opinion):

1. The Silent Sun (From Genesis to Revelation, their long-disowned debut album)
2. The Knife (Trespass)
3. The Return of the Giant Hogweed (Nursery Cryme)
4. Supper's Ready (Foxtrot)
5. After the Ordeal (Selling England By the Pound)
6. The Carpet Crawlers (The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway)
7. Ripples (A Trick of the Tail)
8. Afterglow (Wind & Wuthering)
9. Many Too Many (And Then There Were 3)
10. Turn It On Again (Duke)
11. Dodo/Lurker (Abacab)
12. Home By the Sea Suite (Genesis, AKA "The Shapes Album" )
13. Domino Suite (Invisible Touch)
14. Fading Lights (We Can't Dance)
15. The Dividing Line (Calling All Stations)

That is a great list Sweevo. I will have to have a think myself...Sadly I have never listened to Calling All Stations. Dunno why but I baulk at the thought...and I have got Smallcreep's Day and A Curious Feeling so I am used to different vocals.

rojkerr1
I only recognise one on that list, my Genesis education sadly lacking, now if you ask me Gary Numan, John Foxx, Human League, OMD

rojkerr1
I do love land of Confusion tho

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

I do love land of Confusion tho

Of the later stuff, that is the best. Saw Mike & the Mechanics last year and they did a couple of Genesis songs including Land of Confusion. Blew the roof off.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.00 seconds
22,452,836 unique visits since 8th January 2014