Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,020
· Newest Rebel: stehow

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [26 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [17 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
17% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [19 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 121
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Getting in the 1978 groove with Tonic for the Troops by Boomtown Rats.

She's so twentieth century..She's so 1970's...

I may have heard that song before

That's you that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQcsuXnnnc

See that creature with the moulded hair helmet drinking nutriments from a vial? That's you that is...SmileSmileSmileSmile lol
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

One Spare Part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl-J3fCQB1k

Twelfth Night Sequences..

I have never heard of Twelfth Night before! And it is like the kind of stuff I would have been listening to back then. How did you come across them?
Edited by One Spare Part on 02 July 2018 17:00:59

rojkerr1
blade runner soundtrack

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Well in your defence also, I have listened to certain tracks on compilation cds and thought "I shouldn't be enjoying this!" But I'm not going to tell EVERYONE about it! SmileWinkGrin

Well to be clear I certainly didn't enjoy listening to it. Come to think of it, I don't think there is a song sung by Steps which I do enjoy. They massacred Chain ReactionSmileWinkSad

Much better now, "Love Shines" by Fleetwood Mac has come on. A little known single from 1992 but classic Christine McVie written pop

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

[quote][url=http://www.blakes7online.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=79&pid=129088#post_129088][b]One Spare Part

Much better now, "Love Shines" by Fleetwood Mac has come on. A little known single from 1992 but classic Christine McVie written pop

Now you're talking. There's a McVie song on Rumours that kills me everytime: Songbird?

Child Of Auron
Just Chris and a piano - yes that is Songbird.

I have seen her perform that live twice now and it always brings a tear to my eyes. First time was at the old Wembley Stadium in 1990 with 60,000 people there apparently and the whole pitch was just lit up with people holding flaming lighters in the dark.

Obviously a product of an age where Health & Safety was less of an issue

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
One Spare Part wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl-J3fCQB1k

Twelfth Night Sequences..

I have never heard of Twelfth Night before! And it is like the kind of stuff I would have been listening to back then. How did you come across them?

When I first starting dating the late Dr Doff, I was into Marillion, yes and King Crimson. He expanded my prog rock horizons to Twelfth Night, Pallas and Pendragon, as well as a few bands that never really made it. I can only remember Arc though.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

sweevo
Genesis Live at Wembley Stadium. Smile

sweevo
Genesis's last studio album "Calling All Stations" with Ray Wilson on vocals - it's not THAT bad (there are only maybe 2 duff tracks on that album out of 11). Highlights include the title track, "Congo", "Not About Us", "The Dividing Line", "There Must Be Some Other Way" and "One Man's Fool".

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Genesis's last studio album "Calling All Stations" with Ray Wilson on vocals - it's not THAT bad (there are only maybe 2 duff tracks on that album out of 11). Highlights include the title track, "Congo", "Not About Us", "The Dividing Line", "There Must Be Some Other Way" and "One Man's Fool".

Genesis was the 1st band that I discovered for myself. Got all their records some solo works but...I have never been able to listen to this. Not even tried, it's a mental barrier. I know I should cos I like Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford's compositions. I liked the Stiltskin singles. And yet...
Edited by One Spare Part on 06 July 2018 10:25:51

One Spare Part
Little Deuce Coupe/ All Summer Long LPs by the Beach Boys. Some classic tracks on these...I Get Around, Little Honda, 409 etc but on a quiet night in the twilight play A Young Man Is Gone...sung acapella. It is beautiful.

sweevo
Wang Chung Live at the Ritz.

rojkerr1
dance hall days....

Child Of Auron
"Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)" by Stevie Nicks. This track taken from her 2011 solo album "In Your Dreams" is one of my favourite tracks she has recorded.

sweevo
The Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack by Philip Glass - the best track is easily the 15+ minute epic "The Grid".

rojkerr1
Robinson Crusoe soundtrack, the violin version is incredibly sad... then Private Life of sherlock holmes

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

The Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack by Philip Glass - the best track is easily the 15+ minute epic "The Grid".

Gosh, I remember seeing that in the cinema. Or rather, I remember falling asleep while watching it in the cinema. It was a hot summer day. Back then, many cinemas didn't have air conditioning and all of them DID have smoking. That combination of heat, airlessness, the dream-like images and music sent me to sleep in no time!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sweevo
I can only describe it as the modern answer to Disney's Fantasia.

One Spare Part
A bit of pre- Manifesto Roxy Music. Classic! Both ends burning!

rojkerr1
man with the golden gun, soundtrack, Let's go get 'em!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
13,630,019 unique visits since 8th January 2014