Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,026
· Newest Rebel: The Preacher711

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [28 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [17 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [19 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 123
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

London Overgrown, John Foxx, great cover too, like something out of Survivors or the last part of the original BBC Triffids

Underpaaaaaaassssss!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
I am - "Trespass" ("The Knife" is the best track on the album, along with "Stagnation" and "Looking for Someone" ), "Wind and Wuthering" and "A Trick of the Tail" are solid records. Smile

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

I am - "Trespass" ("The Knife" is the best track on the album, along with "Stagnation" and "Looking for Someone" ), "Wind and Wuthering" and "A Trick of the Tail" are solid records. Smile

I am re-discovering Nursery Cryme. The Music Box is a proper classic.

rojkerr1
I love that song! and no one's driving! His new stuff is just amazing

Child Of Auron
Small Blue Thing by Suzanne Vega

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Child Of Auron wrote:

I was listening to The Queen and the Soldier over the week-end.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Child Of Auron
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

I was listening to The Queen and the Soldier over the week-end.

I only own her Greatest Hits but it's nice to pull out from time to time and have a listen. My one gripe is they didn't include the original Tom's Diner on the album.

rojkerr1
The Saint, Orbital

One Spare Part
Just got the King Crimson album Discipline after seeing an old Old Grey Whistle Test clip of them singing Frame by Frame. I like a bit of Prog!

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Just got the King Crimson album Discipline after seeing an old Old Grey Whistle Test clip of them singing Frame by Frame. I like a bit of Prog!

In The Court of The Crimson King album was one of the soundtracks of my youth. Absolutely loved it; my friends and I would spend hours analysing the lyrics...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

In The Court of The Crimson King album was one of the soundtracks of my youth. Absolutely loved it; my friends and I would spend hours analysing the lyrics...

Got back into vinyl in the last 3-4 years: In the Court of the Crimson King was one of my vinyl buys. I know you shouldn't judge a book - or an album - by its cover but that one always intrigued me. I love it too. I am looking for LPs by Egg at the moment. They seem to be as rare as a Federation guard with a sense of humour.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Got back into vinyl in the last 3-4 years: In the Court of the Crimson King was one of my vinyl buys. I know you shouldn't judge a book - or an album - by its cover but that one always intrigued me. I love it too.

I thought the King Crimson cover was rather alarming, and would never have picked it up, if I hadn't already heard the music and knew I wanted it. And talking of judging albums by their covers, I once bought a Yes album just for the Roger Dean cover art - Yessongs - I don't think I cared much for the music!

I used to love double albums, especially those that came with full size booklets (special faves were Quadrophenia and War of the Worlds - fantastic pics to leaf through while listening to the music). It's never been the same since LPs became CDs became MP3s...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Got back into vinyl in the last 3-4 years: In the Court of the Crimson King was one of my vinyl buys. I know you shouldn't judge a book - or an album - by its cover but that one always intrigued me. I love it too.

I thought the King Crimson cover was rather alarming, and would never have picked it up, if I hadn't already heard the music and knew I wanted it. And talking of judging albums by their covers, I once bought a Yes album just for the Roger Dean cover art - Yessongs - I don't think I cared much for the music!

I used to love double albums, especially those that came with full size booklets (special faves were Quadrophenia and War of the Worlds - fantastic pics to leaf through while listening to the music). It's never been the same since LPs became CDs became MP3s...

Yes that's one of the great things about the vinyl revival - getting a gatefold LP with a booklet. An ecstasy of fumbling!
( that is a quote from something...can't remember it now). And you are right Jeff Wayne's WOTW is a prime example. (Just remembered the quote = it's either Siegfried Sassoon or Wilfred Owen WW1 poem: Gas!Gas!An ecstasy of fumbling). I loved to look at the illustrations on Genesis A Trick of the Tail whilst listening.

Hugbot
Travisina wrote:

I used to love double albums, especially those that came with full size booklets (special faves were Quadrophenia and War of the Worlds - fantastic pics to leaf through while listening to the music).

The ultimate album 'booklet' is of course the newspaper insert of Thick as a Brick - a real masterpiece! (They said it took more time to compile the crazy contents of this newspaper that to record the album!) With Thick as a Brick Part II (released only a few years ago), there was of course no longer a newspaper insert but an accompanying website in the same style. Still funny, but not the real thing (sigh ...).

Child Of Auron
"Chequered Love" by Kim Wilde

Very 80s Smile

rojkerr1
great song, Child, listening to She sells sanctuary, the cult

One Spare Part
Hugbot wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I used to love double albums, especially those that came with full size booklets (special faves were Quadrophenia and War of the Worlds - fantastic pics to leaf through while listening to the music).

The ultimate album 'booklet' is of course the newspaper insert of Thick as a Brick - a real masterpiece! (They said it took more time to compile the crazy contents of this newspaper that to record the album!) With Thick as a Brick Part II (released only a few years ago), there was of course no longer a newspaper insert but an accompanying website in the same style. Still funny, but not the real thing (sigh ...).

Oh crikey Thick as a Brick! My mis-spent youth is all coming back to me! I am going to have a rummage through my old LPs now to see what else I have forgotten.
...The Rutles?...anybody?...

rojkerr1
Love the Rutles, remember that quote when someone asked if Oasis were as good as the Beatles and someone said there're not even as good as the Rutles...who are actually very good, yellow Submarine sandwich....am i in love ooooo oooo I must be in lurve...
War of the Worlds is one of my fave albums ever, the original I mean
- at the moment can't stop listening to Human League versus YMA, Behind the Mask, brilliant song

sweevo
"Grabbag" (AKA the Duke Nukem theme) by Lee Jackson. (in Duke's voice) Hail to the king, baby! Smile

rojkerr1
Deadfall soundtrack, John Barry, one of the tracks is a full 15mins, wonderful. John Barry conducts the orchestra on screen in the movie too

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
14,030,075 unique visits since 8th January 2014