Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (fanfic)
Spaceship Dispatcher
Its been under wraps for a while, but my second attempt at writing Blake's 7 fanfic is now online. The story is set during the second series and, as I'm not in any way expert on the timelines of the various story arcs in the show, I apologise now if the continuity does not fit properly! It is set after the death of Gan but before Blake learns the location of Star One. Even if its not up to the standard of other more experienced B7 fan writers, I do hope you still enjoy the tale...

Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye
While following a lead on the location of Star One, the Liberator crew encounter a mysterious phenomena and are puzzled by the appearance of an equally enigmatic escape pod nearby....
Characters: Blake, Avon, Jenna, Cally & Vila - rating: general - word count: 3,800

The reason for the delay in publishing was because I wanted to release four new stories all at the same time; but, as one of these other stories features the Doctor as portrayed by Matt Smith, I wanted all the excitement over the new series of Doctor Who to die down a bit first! Also, that same Dr Who fanfic has some artwork to illustrate it that was only completed last week as is reproduced at the bottom of this post.

Doctor Who: The Crystals of Terror
The Doctor, Jamie and Victoria arrive on a spaceship and explore. Following the theft of the Crystals of Anasoni from the ship's vault, it becomes clear there is a criminal on board. But as mysterious deaths begin to mount up, is there a far more dangerous threat present on the freighter?
Characters: the Doctor, Jamie & Victoria - rating: general - word count: 22,650

Doctor Who: Castle Bravo
The Doctor and Clara materialise on tropical atoll, perfect for a sun-kissed holiday! But when the paradise turns out to be the site an atom bomb test, the Doctor and Clara are lucky to escape with their lives. When a ship vanishes without trace soon after, the Doctor suspects that facing espionage accusations by the Captain might be least of his worries...
Characters: the Doctor and Clara Oswald - rating: general - word count: 18,930

Amelia Williams: Mission to Berlin
Having saved President Truman from an alien assassination attempt in Hawaii, Amelia is called back to the Whitehouse to help investigate intelligence recieved about a UFO behind the Iron Curtain. But as things go from bad to worse for Amelia, is she the only person who can save a city and millions of people from total destruction? Can she persuade the East German security that she and they are all on the same side? Never mind escaping from Stasi officers or evil aliens, will she ever escape from the handcuffs?
Characters: Amelia Williams (née Pond) - rating: adult (brief, non-sexualised nudity) - word count: 16,750

This illustration depicts a scene from Castle Bravo chapter three. Vanishing ships? Who else did you think it would be?

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/Chapter3_zpsbfbf5d18.jpg
Illustration by Andrew Skilleter (c) 2014
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Oh, dear! New stories from Spaceship Dispatcher. I cannot wait to read them, SD. Loved the illustration of the Sea Devils by Andrew Skilleter! Hope to have some time in the next few weeks to read them all. Thanks for the update.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
Through the Needle's Eye. SD, you got the right tone for the relationship of the crew of the Liberator, especially the often divisive nature of Avon and Blake's relationship. Vila sounded exactly right and so did the others. It reminded me of a Big Finish story in fact. I liked the idea of the Black Hole and how you resolved the story of the craft and occupants at the end. I'd recommend it to anyone!
Edited by BradPaula on 19 January 2015 22:55:46

BradPaula
The Adventures of Amelia Williams: Mission to Berlin. This has been a bit of a surprise for me, as I was never a big fan of Amy in the televised series, so why do I like Amy now? It has to be the historical settings and writing style is all I can fathom. In this new story, having Amy help to gather information about a supposed downed UFO was riveting from the start and the action and drama never let up. What I love the most about the Amelia Pond stories is that they are 'clothed' in history, being set in times past, and it is obvious that SD has researched the eras carefully as to make the story all the more authentic. In a nutshell? A good well-paced read and full of Cold War references. Loved the idea of Amy's that she could be Amy Bond, instead of Pond. A good solid story. More please?
Edited by BradPaula on 19 January 2015 23:46:01

Spaceship Dispatcher
meegat39 wrote (on the fanfic recommendations thread):

I've just read SD's story Through the Needle's Eye, it's a lovely B7 story and all the characters are spot on as before. If you can ignore the dodgy science (just pretend you are watching B7!) it's a great story with a very nice ending. I love the Blake/Avon sparring...

BradPaula wrote:

Through the Needle's Eye. SD, you got the right tone for the relationship of the crew of the Liberator, especially the often divisive nature of Avon and Blake's relationship. Vila sounded exactly right and so did the others. It reminded me of a Big Finish story in fact. I liked the idea of the Black Hole and how you resolved the story of the craft and occupants at the end. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Many thanks meegat and Paula, and Annie for your kind words by PM the other day Grin

Your encouragement and support is always very, very much appreciated!

BradPaula wrote:

The Adventures of Amelia Williams: Mission to Berlin. This has been a bit of a surprise for me, as I was never a big fan of Amy in the televised series, so why do I like Amy now? It has to be the historical settings and writing style is all I can fathom... A good solid story. More please?

Your wish is my command. Fear not, there are further adventures for Amelia coming later this year Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Doctor Who: Crystals of Terror by Spaceship Dispatcher. What can I say about this story? It could easily be published as a Target Doctor Who novel, it's so good. Having just watched a few of the Patrick Troughton Doctor Who stories on dvd, I was ready to read an adventure with the Second Doctor, Jamie and Victoria.

The story did not disappoint and mirrored expertly the travels of the Second Doctor as they were back in the day. I had to laugh at SD adding lines which are well known to fans of the Second Doctor and Jamie. Re: Jamie: "Oh, Doctor, would you look at the size of this!" Doctor: "Oh yes, Jamie. That definitely is a big one!" These lines were often inserted in Second Doctor stories because both Patrick Troughton and Fraser Hines insisted upon it and it cracked me up giving SD's story an authentic feel.

I thoroughly enjoyed the story and SD kept me in suspense until the very end when all was explained. I wrote down one sentence from the story which blew me away and that was "The ship hurtled from somewhere to somewhere, via nowhere." Wonderful phrase, SD, and so stylistic and clever. I liked the Crystals of Terror 'beings' and how they paralleled the idea put forth in the film "The Stone Tape". Excellent! One of your best stories yet!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 26 January 2015 22:07:04

BradPaula
Doctor Who: Castle Bravo by Spaceship Dispatcher. Well, another exciting and fun story to read, this time with the 11th Doctor and Clara. In this story the Doctor meets up with his old 'friends' the Sea Devils. This is another historical story set in 1954, just as the United States is about to test a nuclear device on Bikini Atoll.

There are two illustrations for this story by Andrew Skilliter which are very good as usual and personally, I was thrilled as SD used characters with the name of Grant in the two latest Doctor Who stories of his. Thanks for that, SD!

Another great story and well done interpreting the 11th Doctor and Clara. Makes me want to dig up my copy of The Sea Devils again!

So, SD, do you have plans for a 12th Doctor and Clara story? *Hoping*

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.34 seconds
9,164,151 unique visits since 8th January 2014