Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Space:1999
BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Congrats on reaching 3000 posts Paula Grin

Oh, dear, I hadn't noticed. If we were to total up all the posts in the past 5 years I'd be around 20,000. Bit of a wind bag, aren't I? LOL
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
Ouch! Pull the poor guy backwards on his face!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

You know, people talk about how great Ray Harryhausen models are but they seldom say anything about Gerry Anderson's work, which is superb.

Ray Harryhausen's work was stop-motion dinosaurs and the like wasn't it? Not really familiar with it, except by reputation.

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Harryhausen's work indeed was often dinosaurs and fantasy beings and it being stop motion was part of the 'charm' and I love his stuff. The sword-fighting skeletons are my favorites.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Harryhausen's work indeed was often dinosaurs and fantasy beings and it being stop motion was part of the 'charm' and I love his stuff. The sword-fighting skeletons are my favorites.

My favourite stop-motion animations are the Trumptonshire trilogy Grin

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Aha... the lovely Zienia Merton's first appearance. Grin

BradPaula
Talk of stop motion animation, we are going to watch the 50th anniversary showing of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer tonight. My all-time favorite!

BradPaula
You know the nuclear waste fields are a problem when they start to glow red!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Wow! That Eagle crash sequence was an awesome bit of model work! Oops

BradPaula

Wow! That Eagle crash sequence was an awesome bit of model work! Oops

Light years ahead of the Scorpio being stepped on to make it look crashed on Gauda Prime.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

You know the nuclear waste fields are a problem when they start to glow red!

Indeed!

The fact that we get discussion of why its happening, complete with a pseudo-scientific explanation to do with magnetic fields, is what most sells this series to me; its a progression of the Electro-Magnetic Field given off during an atomic blast, and has the ring of truth even if it is actually fantasy.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

That Eagle crash sequence was an awesome bit of model work!

Light years ahead of the Scorpio being stepped on to make it look crashed on Gauda Prime.

Lol Grin

Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 09 December 2014 21:20:08

BradPaula
Magnetic radiation- the worst!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Off topic, but Andrew has finished another commission for me - so there should, all being well, be some new fanfic online within the next week Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Also off topic, but have you read my comments on Frankenstein posted in the Non-Blake's 7 Big Finish thread? I recall you were asking about it some time ago...

BradPaula

Off topic, but Andrew has finished another commission for me - so there should, all being well, be some new fanfic online within the next week Grin

Yay!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Oh... the hand-held camera shot from the balcony of the control room! Brief, but great direction!

BradPaula
The moon blew up good!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Oh dear... things have gone a bit wrong!

You could even say that this story is drifting a bit...

BradPaula

Oh dear... things have gone a bit wrong!

You could even say that this story is drifting a bit...

OOhhhh.....

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,844,482 unique visits since 8th January 2014