Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Space:1999
Spaceship Dispatcher
The episode: Breakaway
The date: Tuesday 9th December
The time: 8.45pm UK time

All are welcome to join Paula and myself to see where it all began for Moonbase Alpha... Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
All cued up and ready to go.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Hi Paula Happy

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Hi SD.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Started Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Are you and Brad well today? I noted that you didn't post much during Orac...

BradPaula
We're fine. Brad probably got busy at work and I got interested in the story!

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

We're fine. Brad probably got busy at work and I got interested in the story!

Ah, that's good then Happy

BradPaula
Just reminded of the Thunderbirds. We're almost the end of the first series- just watched the crablogger nearly destroy the dam.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The fact that there are so many brilliant space fantasy episodes that follow Breakaway means its easily overlooked what a terrific space disaster movie this first episode is! Its one of the very best almost-pure-SF dramas about a speculative Moon colony and one of the best nuclear accident fictions of all time imo...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Ah ha! Philip Madoc, a real legend. Sorry to be repetitive, as I have doubtless posted this every time he turns up in a rewatch, but I met him at a Con shortly before he passed away and he was a really nice chap.

BradPaula
The plastic bodies on the window ledges- looks like kits for the Invisible Man and Woman we had as kids.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Ah ha! Philip Madoc, a real legend. Sorry to be repetitive, as I have doubtless posted this every time he turns up in a rewatch, but I met him at a Con shortly before he passed away and he was a really nice chap.

No problem, I thought he looked familiar!

Spaceship Dispatcher
The music for this series is especially good in setting up the doom-laden premise of the storyline.

BradPaula
I always thought the best solution for getting rid of nuclear waste is to shoot it into the sun.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Of course, the fact that a deep space mission is being prepared at the same time as the accident happens benefits the Commander in dealing with the adventure that follows. Nice duel storyline in place, with the mission and the waste dump plots.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Congrats on reaching 3000 posts Paula Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

I always thought the best solution for getting rid of nuclear waste is to shoot it into the sun.

In theory, maybe in this universe it was deemed to expensive and uncertain...

BradPaula
You know, people talk about how great Ray Harryhausen models are but they seldom say anything about Gerry Anderson's work, which is superb.

Spaceship Dispatcher
This is good drama; time to open my Creme Egg methinks, before it gets too exciting...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,915,641 unique visits since 8th January 2014