Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 1
Mark Stanfa

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Chronicles 9 *Spoilers Thread*
Inquisitor
One thing I noticed about this, the presence of a list of all Rebel Operatives undercover in the Federation implies a far larger and more organised and unified resistance force than that shown in the TV Series

JustBrad
Inquisitor wrote:

One thing I noticed about this, the presence of a list of all Rebel Operatives undercover in the Federation implies a far larger and more organised and unified resistance force than that shown in the TV Series

On the face of it, yes, but it was suggested that Grant had been doing this for some time.

Cauder: He organized the revolution on the planet Arcos, others before that. He has a very good record.

So it is fair to assume that Grant is either part of, or acquainted with, a fair number of rebels operatives.

trevor travis
How more people had a chance to listen to his yet? If so, what do they think of David Warner playing Vila's dad?

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

How more people had a chance to listen to his yet? If so, what do they think of David Warner playing Vila's dad?

David Warner, is, in my opinion, one of the most under rated actors of our time. His diction, intonation, and sense of timing are flawless, making him a star of voice work. I quite liked the series, offering some insight in to VIla's character and his dark life as a Delta.

BradPaula
I loved LC#9. Defector with the two Dels, Tarrant and Grant, was fast moving and fun. Tarrant got all the best lines and a few had me chuckling out loud. Planetfall was another fast paced race and the addition of David Warner was a master stroke. Such an experienced and good actor and I bought into his character actually being Vila's old Dad- even thought I wonder if the actual ages of the actors are not that dissimilar. Secrets was very well written (well, what do you expect with Cavan Scott and Mark Wright doing all three stories? My favorite writers btw). This set is my second favorite after Armageddon Storm. Note: I have not listened to LC#10 or Scimitar yet so my opinion may change with time.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
Everyone is out of character in "Defector". Since when has Tarrant been cautious, and since when did Avon have rebel contacts during Season C?

There was also that incongruous speech by Avon at the end of the Armageddon Storm - which was a Blake speech, not an Avon one.

I don't think Mark Wright and Cav Scott have got a handle on Avon at all.

BradPaula
I will say this, I was a bit surprised at how tentative and suspicious Tarrant is of Grant. I had thought given they were two old soldiers, brothers in arms if you will, they'd get along better. Mind you their bickering brought a few laughs and kept the story moving. The thing which surprised me most was how Grant and Vila seem to be getting along. In my own writings, I pegged Grant as getting frustrated with Vila's want and need to stay in the background and laze about and drink. But it seems if you listen to the third story, that it may be the start of a beautiful relationship, if I can steal a line from Casablanca. Still- good solid stories and acting imo.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
If you have a favourite new episode of Blake's 7 from volume 9 of the Liberator Chronicles, which would it be?

A poll has now been added to the start of this thread...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
My vote goes to Planetfall, because I loved not only the way a disaster movie theme was worked into the Blake's 7 format but also because it drew me in; for me personally was one of the most emotionally engaging LCs so far...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Travisina
As a diehard Vila fan, for me it had to be Secrets - the Vila backstory and outstanding performances by Michael Keating and David Warner made this one of my all time faves.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

As a diehard Vila fan, for me it had to be Secrets - the Vila backstory and outstanding performances by Michael Keating and David Warner made this one of my all time faves.

Don't know if they've worked together before, or if it was just two veteran actors falling into a rhythm, but they certainly seemed to have some chemistry together. David Warner's sense of timing is beyond compare.

Lentila
Secrets for me, too. For exactly the same reasons as Travisina. But Planetfall is a very close second - B7 does disaster movie (with a touch of Bond). Fab!

blencathra
I got this for Christmas and have just finished it.

Wow.... just wow!!

Defector... I thought was an OK episode, not bad not good. I thoroughly enjoyed Planetfall, as I have always enjoyed disaster movies. Really liked the addition of David Warner who was superb as always. I just wish this story had been a full cast drama, as I think it could have done with some more people in it to heighten the drama. But then came the jaw dropper. I did not see that coming at all!

As for Secrets, that has easily become my favourite Liberator Chronicle. Warner, Keating & Chadbon were superb. I honestly didn't know what Vila was going to do, if he was going back for his Dad or not. I have to say I actually shed one or two tears.

It's odd that even though all the crew except for Cally have parents, and we actually see Jenna's Mum, it is only Vila that I can really imagine having a loving relationship with his Mum. I can picure their relationship in my head, which is something I can't do with the other characters. Avon with his Mum... no! Vila's Mum's seduction by a high ranking official also fits in nicely with my own imaginings.

Also this episode fits with my own thoughts about Vila, his intelligence and the masks he wears to protect himself. This is the Vila who lets some of his true self come through, the one who we see threaten Kayn in Breakdown. It also crossed my mind that the ending with his father may be another reason why (along with the death of Cally) Vila goes from a moderate drinker to a very heavy drinker in Series D.

Edit - Oh and I wouldn't mind Solvin Tavac making a re-appearance in Ghost Ship.

Spaceship Dispatcher
blencathra wrote:

...I thoroughly enjoyed Planetfall, as I have always enjoyed disaster movies. Really liked the addition of David Warner who was superb as always. I just wish this story had been a full cast drama, as I think it could have done with some more people in it to heighten the drama...

That might have been good, although full cast dramas tend to have noisier effects sound than readings and it would be a shame to lose any of the subtle performances to loud music and explosions.

Gauda Cheese
Vila's DAD!

Holeeee moleeeee. More on what I think after Secrets.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Gauda Cheese
Wow. Well all my favourite LC's are from season C and this ones right up there with the Armageddon Storm for me.

Defector was fun. Planetfall was a great disaster story.

Wonderful stuff and Keating and Warner were fantastic. The awkward elevator ride, the conversation between them later on and the ending make Secrets some of the best B7 ever.

Looking forward to the second season of full cast audios and for LC 12 in November.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
9,887,599 unique visits since 8th January 2014