Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 Quotes
trevor travis
briggsy1 wrote:

Having thought about this, it's given me the idea for a possible missing scene from Series A, cut prior to transmission for it's saucy nature.
The crew of the Liberator are sat on the flight deck, enjoying their afternoon tea. Jenna turns to Blake and says "Could you please spread some cream on my buns for me?". To which Blake replies "I thought you'd never ask!"

More likely to be:

JENNA: "Could you please spread some cream on my buns for me?"
BLAKE: "Jenna, please could you get out of the way out of the Cipher Machine!"

Panna
trevor travis wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

Having thought about this, it's given me the idea for a possible missing scene from Series A, cut prior to transmission for it's saucy nature.
The crew of the Liberator are sat on the flight deck, enjoying their afternoon tea. Jenna turns to Blake and says "Could you please spread some cream on my buns for me?". To which Blake replies "I thought you'd never ask!"

More likely to be:

JENNA: "Could you please spread some cream on my buns for me?"
BLAKE: "Jenna, please could you get out of the way out of the Cipher Machine!"

Agreed, that sounds like Blake.Frown

Panna
One of my favorite scenes has Avon putting Tarrant in his place.
Avon: Shut up, Tarrant.
Tarrant: Did you say something to me?
Avon: I said shut up. I apologize for not realizing that you are deaf.

Frankymole
briggsy1 wrote:

And the "finger sandwiches" are definitely out!

Frankymole
Vila: When you get Zen working, ask him to prescribe something for a headache, will you? I've got this shocking pain right behind the eyes.
Avon: Have you considered amputation?

Panna
That reminds me of this one:
Vila: My head's killing me.
Tarrant: You should learn self-defense.

Panna
IMHO, Avon and Vila's relationship was almost a friendship and devolved. From Vila saying, "Avon there are times where I could almost get to like you. [Y]ou give me a warm f
feeling right here, around the money belt."
To Vila saying, "It's a trip I won't forget, Avon."
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Hugbot
The other day, my colleagues in the type-setting department had to work with a file that some idiot had produced. Instead of a clean layout, that guy had nested all the elements on the page in a convoluted way, and he had also managed to misuse a cutting-edge feature for embedding pictures to make the whole process as complicated as you can get. It was a shambles, and my colleagues were cursing. When I had a look at that mess I couldn't resist to quote Largo: "A pro keeps it simple."

Panna
Unlike "fluffy cheeked amateurs."
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

littlesue
A quote, which at the time, may not have meant that much...especially, as the Series D had not even been considered at the time.
From Terminal, when Servalan demands that Avon call the Libby and then he can have Blake...or both he and Blake will be killed.
AVON Death is something that he and I faced together on a number of occasions. I always thought that his death and mine might be linked in some way.
When I watch that scene now, I always think how prophetic that line is.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Panna
I love this bit from City at the Edge of the World:
Bayban: You must be Vila. It's an honor, sir.
Vila: The honor's mine.
Bayban: That's what I meant. Cool

Travisina
Panna wrote:

I love this bit from City at the Edge of the World:
Bayban: You must be Vila. It's an honor, sir.
Vila: The honor's mine.
Bayban: That's what I meant. Cool

That whole scene with Vila and Bayban is wonderful; City is overflowing with brilliant dialogue from the opening with Vila and Tarrant:

Vila - "All my life, for as long as I can remember, there's been people like you."
Tarrant - "I thought I was unique."
Vila - "You're not even unusual."

To the final exchange between Orac and Vila:

Vila: "I think I've just made the biggest mistake of my life."
Orac: "I would predict that there are far greater mistakes waiting to be made by someone with your obvious talent for them."
Vila: "Shut up, Orac. Still, it's a comforting thought. Let's hope they've all got good legs.

And great exchanges between Avon and Cally:
Avon: It's a pity we're not all as reliable as Zen.
Cally: But I thought you were!

Plus:
Cally: Vila, we thought we'd lost you.
Avon: But every silver lining has a cloud.

And Vila's definitive speech about 'a thief isn't what I am, it's who I am'.

It's Chris Boucher at his sparkling best - and no wonder that it's my favourite episode!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
"My mother - oh yes, I had a mother..."

"'Babe,' she'd say to me", with that little each-way thing that it could be 'babe' as a term of endearment or "Bayb" as a shortening of his name; or, most likely, both.

Bayban's spiel to Vila about living every hour as if it's your last, then "see you in an hour" with the clearly-implied threat that Vila could have reached that point.

...which brings me to "What's the matter, is staying alive too complicated for you?" (Avon in "Blake").

Hugbot
littlesue wrote:

AVON Death is something that he and I faced together on a number of occasions. I always thought that his death and mine might be linked in some way.
When I watch that scene now, I always think how prophetic that line is.

JMS seems to have based the whole Londo/G'Kar storyline on that.

Panna
Just watched TWB the other day. Memorable qoute for me was Blake saying,"I'm not insane! I'm not insane." I thought perhaps not, but I think you're about to be.

JustBrad
Panna wrote:

Just watched TWB the other day. Memorable qoute for me was Blake saying,"I'm not insane! I'm not insane." I thought perhaps not, but I think you're about to be.

Stage 1: Denial (TWB)
Stage 5: Acceptance (I can't tell the difference anymore - Blake, episode 52)
Edited by JustBrad on 09 January 2015 19:29:09

rojkerr1
I've got this terrible pain right behind my eyes....(vila)
- have you considered amputation...?(avon)

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
I ike this bit from Killer.

VILA You don't have a lot of time for Blake, do you?
AVON I could never stand heroes.
VILA A quarter of a million volts and you're putting your hand in?
AVON Ah, but that is self-interest. We need that crystal. Blake takes risks to help other people. Sometimes people he doesn't even know. One day that great big bleeding heart of his will get us all killed.
VILA Unless somebody ditches him first.

Vila's smirk at the end is epic..
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Panna
JustBrad wrote:

Panna wrote:

Stage 1: Denial (TWCool
Stage 5: Acceptance (I can't tell the difference anymore - Blake, episode 52)

Very asute!

Panna
Spacefall. As part of my one person rewatch trying to match the original air dates as close as I can

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
9,182,833 unique visits since 8th January 2014