Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 Quotes
Travisina
I really like Orac's: "A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
I've used it at work on a number of occasions and it used to be my sig on here.

The other one I use a lot is:
"Some days are better than others, Section Leader."
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

From Breakdown;

AVON Blake, in the unlikely event that we survive this --
BLAKE Yes?
AVON I'm finished. Staying with you requires a degree of stupidity of which I no longer feel capable.
BLAKE Now you're just being modest.

Just one bit of glorious English.

Which inspired my short story Rehearsal
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
I love this exchange between Blake and Avon in Trial

CALLY [into communicator] Jenna, we've got him back.
VILA [to Blake] Avon adapted the teleport with his usual skill -- probably ruined it. [exits]
BLAKE You went to a lot of trouble. [Cally looks at him and then exits.]
AVON One of these days they are going to leave you. They were almost ready to do so this time.
BLAKE Yes, I thought they might be.
AVON You handle them very skillfully.
BLAKE Do I?
AVON But one more death will do it.
BLAKE Then you'd better be very careful. It would be ironic if it were yours.
Edited by President Solvite on 06 December 2014 10:31:30

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Joe Dredd
From "Killer", zingers each way!

VILA: I hope you can trust him.
AVON: I told you, he's a friend of mine.
VILA: Yes, I always knew you had a friend. I used to say to people, "I bet Avon's got a friend, somewhere in the galaxy".
AVON: And you were right. That must be a novel experience for you.

So good in fact that Big Finish recycled the "novel experience" bit in one of the audios...

Hugbot
My motto:
- I plan to live forever, or die trying.

The story of my life:
- What went wrong?
- I relied on other people.

The quote that perfectly summarises B7:
- Where are all the good guys?
- You could be looking at them.
- What a very depressing thought!

Most prophetic quote:
- Sooner or later, everyone does that.
(Well, sooner ... much sooner than they all thought ...)

Most cynical quote ever (... and loving it!)
- Yes, Major, you're dying, but that's what you're paid for.

Quotes that I already managed to work into conversations:
1. Itís out of my hands.
2. Death is such a waste.
3. Every silver lining has a cloud.

My favourite Avon quotes that Avon never said:
- Youíre the figurehead here. People are always going to look up to you for a lead. But Iím the manager. I run things. (Greg to Abby in 'Law & Order', but I can imagine this in an Avon/Blake dialogue)
- Smile. You canít kill them all. (Text of a postcard sold over here; paradoxically this line is uttered by a cute little sheep!)

Panna
JustBrad wrote:

Paul admits he stole this line from an old western.

*Gun is shot out of Travis' hand.* Avon is seen standing off to the side.

Blake, who was about to be shot by Travis: Nice shot.
Avon: I was aiming for his head.

The Magnificent 7 I think. If I remember correctly the original line was, "I was aiming for his horse."
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
Every time I have a good day spoiled I think of what Avon said in City on the Edge of the World. "Every silver lining has a cloud." Happy
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Lurena
From Trial, Avon's reaction to Vila's remark ("Avon's gadget works" ) :

AVON: It just occurred to me, that as the description of a highly sophisticated technological achievement, "Avon's gadget works," seems to lack a certain style.

and:
from Mission to Destiny in answer to dr Kendall's question("Someone among us determined that this mission should fail, and frankly, I can't even guess at a motive" ) :

AVON: Try greed. It's usually reliable.

the latter is the one of which is said it was Mr Darrow's favorite line of the scripts so far.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Panna
Lurena wrote:

From Trial, Avon's reaction to Vila's remark ("Avon's gadget works" ) :

AVON: It just occurred to me, that as the description of a highly sophisticated technological achievement, "Avon's gadget works," seems to lack a certain style.

and:
from Mission to Destiny in answer to dr Kendall's question("Someone among us determined that this mission should fail, and frankly, I can't even guess at a motive" ) :

AVON: Try greed. It's usually reliable.

the latter is the one of which is said it was Mr Darrow's favorite line of the scripts so far.

That's a good one. Dr. Kendall seemed pretty naÔve to me.

Panna
Any time I feel hoodwinked by a politician's speech I think of this quote," Show me someone who believes in anything, and I will show you a fool." Smile
Edited by Panna on 08 December 2014 02:24:48

Panna
Sarcophagus has some of my favorite quotes. I love sarcastic humor, and Avon has a lot of it in that episode.

Ellen York
Hugbot wrote:

The quote that perfectly summarises B7:
- Where are all the good guys?
- You could be looking at them.
- What a very depressing thought!

Both a perfect summary and an explanation of why we are all here discussing the series 30+ years later. It is the shades of grey that make things interesting.

Panna
Travisina wrote:

littlesue wrote:

From Breakdown;

AVON Blake, in the unlikely event that we survive this --
BLAKE Yes?
AVON I'm finished. Staying with you requires a degree of stupidity of which I no longer feel capable.
BLAKE Now you're just being modest.

Just one bit of glorious English.

Which inspired my short story Rehearsal

Oh, you wrote that? That was great!Cool

Panna
"What the h*** was going on over here? Afternoon tea?"
Cracks me up every time I hear it.

briggsy1
I find it very reassuring that in the far future we will still be enjoying tea and scones.

littlesue
briggsy1 wrote:

I find it very reassuring that in the far future we will still be enjoying tea and scones.

Hubby and I had Afternoon Tea every day on the Oriana last year...it was a bit more than just tea and scones! Finger sandwiches, toasted teacakes, crumpets, cream cakes, scones (with cream and jam) etc...yes, it is nice to know that such refinement is still enjoyed in the second..or third..calendar.....future.Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

briggsy1
Having thought about this, it's given me the idea for a possible missing scene from Series A, cut prior to transmission for it's saucy nature.
The crew of the Liberator are sat on the flight deck, enjoying their afternoon tea. Jenna turns to Blake and says "Could you please spread some cream on my buns for me?". To which Blake replies "I thought you'd never ask!"

winnie-l
Fav B7 quote: from 40.Rescue:
AVON: You know what they say. No good deed goes unpunished.

It's said this is a takeoff drom the Magnificent 7. Watched the DVD again a while ago & listened for that line. The closest is Eli Wallach's line, "Sooner or later, you must answer for every good deed."

With all due respect, Chris Boucher's pithy rephrasing is 1000x better IMHO. (& PD's delivery is brilliant!)

Also I like the way this is said, & the grim expression (ditto from 40.Rescue):
AVON: Well, that's what we're going to find out.

Have been able to use that several times (& try to imitate the delivery), after we've done some emergency software-surgery on a server, & my colleague wonders as we head to the machine room to check the console, if it'll reboot ok....

winnie-l
JustBrad wrote:
On being challenged by a mad sorcerer, she replies, "You are amusing, in a 'what the hell is wrong with you' kind of way."
THAT IS GREAT! I want to use that!
with caution....

winnie-l
Joe Dredd wrote:
From "Killer", zingers each way!
VILA: Yes, I always knew you had a friend. I used to say to people, "I bet Avon's got a friend, somewhere in the galaxy".
Love it! And love MK's delivery of it too!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,798,733 unique visits since 8th January 2014