Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 Quotes
Panna
Okay, but did he just mean it at the time? In The Keeper he accused Avon of giving them away. Before that in The Web he seemed to accuse Avon of letting his researches sabotage the ship. And then there's the "Avon might run," line from Horizon.
How can you trust somebody and then not seem to trust them?
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

JustBrad
Panna wrote:

And then there's the "Avon might run," line from Horizon.

Every time we rewatch Star One, when Blake utters the line, "...I have always trusted you, from the very beginning."

Paula and I look at each other and say, "That's not what he told Jenna in Horizon."

Panna
Maybe Blake has memory problems or fugue states, besides the one in Voice of the Past.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
Avon: Imagine you are standing on the edge of a cliff-
Blake: As long as you're not standing behind me!
That's a funny line if Blake has always trusted Avon...LOL

Frankymole
Panna wrote:

Avon: Imagine you are standing on the edge of a cliff-
Blake: As long as you're not standing behind me!
That's a funny line if Blake has always trusted Avon...LOL
Blake means that he has always trusted Avon to be self-serving...

Blake is a politician. Weasel-words are first nature.

Panna
Clever Blake. I wonder if Avon dwelled on that or not. It might explain the ending if he did.

sweevo
I always look at Avon's facial expressions whenever Blake tries to soothe or compliment him - they usually range from mild irritation to flat-out disbelief (Avon, not Blake).

Panna
Any memorable quotes from the rewatches that come to mind, anyone?

Panna
"They must come...they must come to us," wash, rinse repeat.

rojkerr1
May you die alone and silent! and ALONE! I love Cally

Panna
I love Cally too. She was a bit creepy though when she was under the influence of The Lost.
"I shall regret the necessity to kill you."
"Must you invite death?"

Panna
"It's Blake isn't it? You think you've found Blake."
(Rewatch is Tuesday folks.)Angry

rojkerr1
"the fire was stupid, putting Vila on guard was suicidal - what's the matter, is staying alive too complicated for you?
-get out of it will you, there's no point in both of us dying!
- what on earth happened to you? Most of it wasn't on earth Tarrant...
I'll accept suggestions - how does abandon ship grab you?!"

Anniew
"Have YOU betrayed ME." Such an odd inflection. It suggests that:

Avon had already betrayed Blake which would mean when he straddles Blake's Body and raises his gun he's signifying he is the Hunter celebrating the kill. ( Doesn't work with the facial expressions as he shoots Blake though )

Avon always intended to betray Blake when the right opportunity came along - he'd just never had an offer that would make it worth while. ( probably deceiving himself)

Something else.

Suggestions?
I know Chris Boucher has said he had not written the line with that inflection in mind.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

briggsy1
No doubt Blake is a great script with a good smattering of quotes throughout, but I find it difficult to watch as the tension builds inexorably towards that final depressing, climactic scene. If things had been different, with a much more upbeat ending - Avon & Blake joining forces to launch an all out combined assault on the federation in Season 5 - this could have been one of my top 3 favourite B7 episodes.
Edited by briggsy1 on 26 March 2015 11:22:30

Travisina
briggsy1 wrote:

If things had been different, with a much more upbeat ending....

...It would have been less shocking, less depressing - and ultimately less memorable.
30+ years on, it still gets mentioned regularly in surveys of most memorable TV series endings among general audiences, not just SF fans.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
Whilst the fourth season was not my favourite, the ending that Blake offered certainly raised the bar..

From thinking hmm... another humdrum episode suddenly you received a gadzillion volt shock that brought you up sharply.. Eager for more. Sadly it was not to be..

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
rojkerr1
Orbit, Sand and Blake are amongst the best episodes of the series, out with a bang not a whimper, like the end of the Prisoner it sticks in peoples minds

Anniew
I remember watching the episode, realising there were only ten minutes till the end and wondering how they were going to resolve it so that my heroes lived to fight another day in the time available. "They're cutting it fine." I thought. Then, "Very fine!". Then "Oh no." Then. " No Avon. No. You've got it wrong. Don't! Blake don''t! " Then silence. a sick feeling. Tears threatening. Shell shock. Finally:" Wow that was so clever to end with Avon smiling." Then"Gosh I feel like crying."

I remember the feeling as clearly as I can remember how i felt the day Kennedy was shot and the feelings were much the same: that the bad guys had won and the world had become a darker more dangerous place.

I swear I watch the entire series over and over hoping that this time there will be a different ending!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Ellen York
Anniew wrote:

I swear I watch the entire series over and over hoping that this time there will be a different ending!

Glad I'm not the only one. When I watched the full series in 2013, I was dragging out season 4 because I knew how it ended and I didn't want to see it. When I got to the last episode, I was still hoping for a different outcome. I haven't watched the last episode again since then.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.98 seconds
9,180,573 unique visits since 8th January 2014