Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 Quotes
Panna
This thread is for your favorite quotes, quotes you found prophetic, deep, amusing, etc. Have fun!
Edited by President Solvite on 05 December 2014 18:29:44
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
Here's one that may have tempted fate. In Time Squad Avon says,"I'm just wondering how long we're going to live to enjoy our new found skills."
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

JustBrad
Still my favorite, and the unofficial Horizon motto, "I plan to live forever, or die trying."

President Solvite
I like Brad's interpretation of that quote from Jenna...

"I plan to be blonde forever, or try dyeing!"

Or something very similar! Pfft

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
BradPaula
One of my favorites is "Perhaps because Anna was your sister."
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
Off Topic, but my favorite genre quote of all time belongs to Jaheira, from the Baldur's Gate video game franchise.

On being challenged by a mad sorcerer, she replies, "You are amusing, in a 'what the hell is wrong with you' kind of way."

President Solvite
Ahh Baldur's Gate, what a classic game that was... Lost hours in there.. Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Panna
JustBrad wrote:

Still my favorite, and the unofficial Horizon motto, "I plan to live forever, or die trying."

That's why despite whatever PGP Paul Darrow has written, I believe Vila is still alive.
I read Afterlife first, so I think that counts. Avon can be a dull boy without Vila to bounce off of.

Panna
One of my favorites is," Well, hurray for us."

JustBrad
AVON; I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all.

littlesue
From Breakdown;

AVON Blake, in the unlikely event that we survive this --
BLAKE Yes?
AVON I'm finished. Staying with you requires a degree of stupidity of which I no longer feel capable.
BLAKE Now you're just being modest.

Just one bit of glorious English. Even Grandson sat up and listened to that exchange!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

briggsy1
From Rumours of Death:-

AVON: What's the matter Servalan, have you finally lost your nerve? Have you murdered your way to the wall of an underground room?
SERVALAN: It's an old wall Avon. It waits. I only hope you don't die before you reach it.

Sounds great and rather poetic I like to think. Not quite sure exactly what it means: perhaps simply that your misdemeanours will catch up with you eventually?

JustBrad
Paul admits he stole this line from an old western.

*Gun is shot out of Travis' hand.* Avon is seen standing off to the side.

Blake, who was about to be shot by Travis: Nice shot.
Avon: I was aiming for his head.

BradPaula
From Terminal: "It was a drug-induced and electronic dream." I have used this phrase on occasion myself.

And, from Countdown:

Avon: "Cutters. What's next?
Grant: Right next. No, no wait! I'm opposite you now. Left is next in sequence. Your left.
Avon: You don't get another guess.
Grant: Left. Next bit's straightforward. Do you want me to do it?
Avon: Go ahead".
* This sequence always makes me laugh. *
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Panna
"Don't philosophize with me you electronic moron, answer the question."
"Zen."
Avon looked like a toddler getting ready to stamp his foot. The smirks on Blake and Jenna's faces were funny.

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

From Terminal: "It was a drug-induced and electronic dream." I have used this phrase on occasion myself.

And, from Countdown:

Avon: "Cutters. What's next?
Grant: Right next. No, no wait! I'm opposite you now. Left is next in sequence. Your left.
Avon: You don't get another guess.
Grant: Left. Next bit's straightforward. Do you want me to do it?
Avon: Go ahead".
* This sequence always makes me laugh. *

Ditto Smile

meegat39
JustBrad wrote:

Paul admits he stole this line from an old western.

*Gun is shot out of Travis' hand.* Avon is seen standing off to the side.

Blake, who was about to be shot by Travis: Nice shot.
Avon: I was aiming for his head.

Sorry but it's actually "Good shot Avon!"

you see, I have this on my phone as a text alert...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Joe Dredd
I love Avon's after-the-fact critique of Blake's attempt to seize the London: "What a fiasco. You could take over the ship you said, if I did my bit. Well, I did my bit and what happened? Your troops bumble around looking for someone to surrender to, and when they've succeeded, you follow suit."

"Hip deep in heroes" has such a great ring to it; it was understandably snatched up for use as a zine name.

Section Leader Forres's "Every part a moving part" belongs on a B7 t-shirt.

And the repartee...
"You wouldn't like to leave the gun, would you?"
"That's right, I wouldn't."

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Brilliant. Does it get recognised by others overhearing?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Brilliant. Does it get recognised by others overhearing?

Not to my knowledge, although I do get some funny looks!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,180,684 unique visits since 8th January 2014