Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Horizon Advent Calendar Comments 2014
Joe Dredd
I'm glad we can say it came back on!

Space Chopper
LOL @ Hugbot- "My hovercraft is full of eels!" As some of my ancestors once said: Blowddyn newydd ddar. (That's Welsh for Happy new year!)
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Joe Dredd
Dear Vere, never forgotten!

Thanks Travisina. It's a great poem, plus I'm also smiling recalling all those anecdotes about Vere - Jan/Cally & Jenna/Sally; "W, X, Y, Z" instead of "1, 2, 3, 4" or "A, B, C, D"; Gareth Blake; rolling down the hill to show how it's done... etc!

Travisina
I'm bowled over by all the recent additions to the advent calendar - catching up this morning after a night on the tiles Smile
Wonderful groanworthy jokes from JD, a super ficlet from Purple Cleric, videos from Hugbot and BradPaula, and Space Chopper, I loved your new version of one of my favourite Xmas songs!

I will be posting further surprises throughout the day, so keep checking back to see what's new!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:
... I'm also smiling recalling all those anecdotes about Vere - Jan/Cally & Jenna/Sally;

He kept getting them mixed up and in the end resorted to calling them 'Jelly and Jam'!

meegat39
Vilakins story was lovely, just lovely. Space Chopper your poem song is very good too. Thanks to all others for their contributions I've really enjoyed them. Gotta go now, lots to do! Wink
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Ellen York
So many wonderful posts. Its a dreary morning here, but I'm having fun catching up on the posts.

Vilakins, Let There Be Light is my favorite seasonal B7 story; it never fails to make my cry and then smile at the end.

JD, be careful with the sopron jokes, our Sopron might come after you Cool

Hugbot, great video, your tree is cute even without bauble one

PC, I really enjoyed your ficlet, it presented a very believable view of Jenna

Clare, I laughed all through your pictures, I particularly liked the car salesmen of the year one

Travisina
Clare - brilliant pictures and captions, every one a gem!

clareblues1
Travisina wrote:

Clare - brilliant pictures and captions, every one a gem!

Thank you. I found my creative mojo again, having previously lost it on 4th Dec! LOL
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

GoldChannel
loving today's posts, I so wish I wasn't working over xmas (apart from the obvious reasons!!) as i'd love to have done something extra too

but this thread has made me smile so much this month Smile thank you to everyone!!!! Smile

Sopron
Thank you so much every talented body who contributed to the calendar, and for all the brilliant jokes & comments.

Sorry, been a bit rushed this month but have caught up now.

All of you, my friends, have the fun you deserve, the luck you need and the good health to enjoy both

"Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!!"

Cool

clanger68
A very Happy Christmas to everybody, hope tomorrow goes brilliantly for all.

Some outstanding entries today, I haven't had a chance to look at them properly, will do so on Boxing Day when I can give them the attention they deserve.

Thank you to Joe Dredd for getting it organised, it has been a fantastic way of spending December.

Have fun,

Andy & Karyn

xx
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
BradPaula
I am so pleased about how the Horizon Advent Calendar went. So many people gave such time and effort to it all and I loved every entry! Today's Christmas Eve extras were amazing and special thanks must go to Clare- who made me laugh out loud, and Travisina, who got so many meaningful videos and photos for us! And not to forget Joe Dredd with those horribly funny puns and jokes and the Moloch Tonight bits. Inspired, heartfelt, funny and I love each and every one of you, friends! Have a simply wonderful holiday and all the best for the new year!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Hugbot
So many great contributions on the last day!

@JD: These really are exactly the types of jokes that Vila would tell (and John Sheridan, for that matter). You really made me laugh (and groan ...)

@SC: I'm afraid I do not know the original song, but your take on the final minutes of Blake with this 'inner dialogue' is great.

@PC: What a brilliant piece of fanfic, with great characterisation! (And this comes from a guy who never bought Blake's 'hitting the self-destruct' story!)

@Travisina: Thank you for presenting all the season's greeting from cast & crew members, especially the poem by VL. Just a few days ago I said to someone: "The surest sign of Christmas drawing near is the flood of toy catalogues and pleads for donations."

@Clare: I laughed my socks off. Great! I am honoured that you chose a picture taken by me for your own appearance. Seems I can take a pleasing photo of you after all (in contrast to the one in London ...)!

@Paula: I watched the video a few days ago (when you posted the Groucho video), and I also wondered how you got TT into that contraption! I remember having seen the video nearly a year before, and it was great to see it again now that I have met the protagonists personally.

@JD (again), Brad & LittleSue: Thanks for posting the photos ... It's great to have a glimpse of your Christmas, so that in a way we can celebrate together.

And thank you (and Dankeschön and mange tak Wink!) for your kind compliments on my video and my Christmas tree (actually, it's not a real tree but a bunch of fir in an old milk churn). And you haven't yet seen the red hippo and the parachuting Father Christmas!

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!

This advent calendar was a real treat, and I enjoyed each and every day of it. I am really glad that I became part of such a great gang of very creative and highly talented people! I only wish I had met you thirty years ago ...

Joe Dredd
Wow, Travisina! Great job getting photos of the B7 cast and Big Finish personnel, and even an audio message from Michael Keating! A big round of thanks to all of them for participating, too. What great sports!

(Is it just me or does Stephen Greif look like he's come dressed as the fourth Doctor?)

Also, good work JD on editing an uncooked turkey onto Avon's head a la Mr Bean. It wasn't great editing, but I can see where you were going with it. Oh, that's me, I'd better shut up!

Seriously though, we had a fantastic response from everyone, the calendar was lots of fun to look at every day and there were lots of clever and surprising things! Once the calendar got going, I was getting more and more eager to open it each day to see what the latest piece of brilliance. Thank you everyone who participated or even made it part of their routine to come in and check the calendar. Very special thanks to Diane for keeping the club running so we have a place to meet and chat and do this kind of thing, and extra special thanks to Travisina who has been tireless in her efforts and enthusiasm. Travisina did so many things to make the calendar a success I couldn't tell you the half of it. I'm blown away that she managed to get photos of the cast especially for our calendar, and even a "greeting from Mr Keating"! Thanks also to Brad & Paula who also went out of their way to get some "star power" into the calendar too.

I'd better stop there or I'll be thanking everyone individually (though of course I do want to thank my Mum and Vegemite) so I'll just end by saying

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

and

Same time next year?

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Also, good work JD on editing an uncooked turkey onto Avon's head a la Mr Bean.

I thought the reference was to this episode of Friends!
i.ytimg.com/vi/Orv_ic3acRw/hqdefault.jpg
I suppose 'Mr Legume' was a clue to its origins, though - and it was good editing, JD!

I do want to thank my Mum and Vegemite

Marmite is better! Wink

The Advent Calendar has been an absolute triumph, and I want to second JD in thanking everyone. It was a brilliant range of contributions: pics, filks and fanfics, jokes, riddles, puzzles and quizzes, photos, audios and videos - all in the spirit of the season. Well done to everybody who joined in the fun!

However, most credit should go to Joe Dredd, for initiating and running the various threads and for all his work behind the scenes. Joe, I see that you've won the prize in Clanger68's quiz - congratulations, it's well deserved!

Ellen York
Joe Dredd wrote:

Same time next year?

Oh yes!! This was too much fun not to do again. Big thanks to JD for organizing and to all the contributors.

JustBrad
Joe Dredd wrote:

Same time next year?

Indeed, I believe you have started a new tradition.

Sopron
Absolutely! I may not have had the guts to contribute, but my full admiration goes out to all who made December so enjoyable with this idea, not least JD for getting (& keeping) the ball rolling. I'll even forgive the Sopron cracks Angry

This is how all the best seasonal traditions get started and, let's face it, this fandom needs joy at this time of year more than any other!

Next year, having had 12 months to plan, I shall do my best to join in...how's that?

Well done all

Cool

Hugbot
Lurena, thank you for your marvellous vid! I’m afraid I did not know this carol; the more I am thankful that you drew my attention to this great piece! With its solemn and somber mood, it constitutes an appropriate coda to our advent calendar. And yet you managed to make me smile with the inclusion of Og and Avon’s teddy!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
9,922,431 unique visits since 8th January 2014