Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
TARDIS CON
JustBrad
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/IMG_2826_zps444e29c3.jpg

Jason Haigh Ellery (Big Finish Executive Producer of Blake's 7) Sitting at our table in a Dalek Fez. As he pitched the Big Finish panels and signings, I explained that we were well aware of Big Finish, as this (pointing to my wife) is THAT Paula.

At which point he comedically backed his chair away from the table.

We also told him there was a lot of support for Glynnis Barber in a Big Finish Blake's 7 audio.

Trev... you're welcome.

clanger68
Great stuff Brad, hope you and Paula both have a lovely time.

A very good start from the looks of it.

Please say 'Hi' to Mat Irvine from myself and Karyn.

Oh, and do add my voice to the Glynis Barber for Big Finish choir! Smile

Have fun,

Andy

aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:
Jason Haigh Ellery (Big Finish Executive Producer of Blake's 7) Sitting at our table in a Dalek Fez. As he pitched the Big Finish panels and signings, I explained that we were well aware of Big Finish, as this (pointing to my wife) is THAT Paula.

At which point he comedically backed his chair away from the table.

We also told him there was a lot of support for Glynnis Barber in a Big Finish Blake's 7 audio.

Trev... you're welcome.

Cheers B & P.

Have a great time.

JustBrad
Jason Haigh Ellery and Nick Briggs of Big Finish. Big things in the Blake's 7 line are in the works.

i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/IMG_2833_zps10939e0e.jpg

clanger68
Jason Haigh Ellery and Nick Briggs of Big Finish. Big things in the Blake's 7 line are in the works.

Fantastic news, any specifics?

JustBrad
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/IMG_2840_zpsdd0ea5ec.jpg

Mat Irvine, friend of Horizon, gives a dissertation on the history of the BBC Special Effects department at TARDIS Con to a packed room.

clanger68
Brilliant.

Thank you for the updates, I bet that was an interesting dissertation, the BBC did rather a lot of special effects over the years!

- Andy

Lurena
Great photos Brad and Paula!
I think we're all looking eagerly forward to your reports!

Big things in the Blake's 7 line are in the works.

Oh WOW, h h ...

Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
BradPaula
I already posted this on the Mad, Sad fan thread but thought it merited being posted here too.

You realize what a mad, sad fan you are when introducing yourself to Big Finish's Jason Haigh-Ellery and he comically backs his chair away from the table upon hearing I'm THAT Paula. Guess me pulling out my copy of Scimitar and then my convention lanyard with the photos of Tom Chadbon as Del Grant on it, sealed the deal as to who I was. Then when I asked a question at a Big Finish panel and Nicholas Briggs and Jason Haigh-Ellery both comment on my Blake's 7 t-shirt and then Nicholas realized that I am THAT Paula and promptly explains that he had been 'warned' about me by Cavan Scott, you know you are in the top ten mad sad category. That is what being a mad, sad fan is all about, people! Fear me! Fear my fanaticism for Blake's 7!

But- on a happy note, both gentlemen heard me out and I was able to get our point of view across and they seemed quite pleased with the mention of a 4th series with Glynis Barber and very warm to the fact of bringing back Bayban the Butcher, Avalon, Deeta, and Carnell. They seemed not at all flustered by my mentioning of replacing Josette Simon with Angela Bruce- and in fact I got a distinct feeling they had had a similar discussion between themselves beforehand. They were very hush-hush about upcoming releases, but said on the plane over, they were casting the upcoming LC sets and that whetted our appetites as to what will happen on future discs. Thankfully, the people at Big Finish do listen to the fans and because of that, we bought 250 bucks worth of discs at the Big Finish table in the Dealer's room this past weekend. Mission hopefully accomplished!

Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/MatIrvineK9_zps743a80b8.jpg

Here's an autographed photo of friend of Horizon, Mat Irvine and his mechanical mutt, K-9. Mat had two wonderful presentations at TARDIS con, one about the BBC Special Effects department, and the other about K-9 and Doctor Who in general. Both panels were packed with eager con goers and we had a wonderful time meeting Mat again and sitting with his wife in the front row. After over 30 years in fandom, rank has its privileges. Grin

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/daleknickbriggs_zpsb516305d.jpg

Big Finish Executive Producer for the Blake's 7 range, and talented actor and voice of both the Daleks and Cybermen, here's Nicholas Briggs. I cannot say enough about Nick. He's such a wonderful guest at conventions! Witty and funny, intelligent and genuine- we laughed and laughed at his and Jason Haigh-Ellery's panels. His catch phrase for the weekend being 'it's a big old world out there'. Don't ask why- but dozens of mentions later we were rolling on the floor laughing.

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/noelclarke_zps6f8c59f3.jpg

We loved meeting Noel Clarke. Another fine actor and so funny and available to his fans. He had quite a number of funny stories, some of which I cannot repeat on a family forum, but he was everything we had hoped for and more.

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/annetteNick14_zps54b4140b.jpg

Our convention experience would not be complete without a photo with Annette Badland (Slitheen) and Nicholas Briggs. I've told you about Nick, and as to Annette- an absolutely delightful woman. I brought along a photo we had taken with her last year at the Dimension's Convention in Newcastle to show her we had met before, but sitting down next to me at the Contributor's party, she replied she remembered us even before I had the photo out for her to see. We chatted during the convention and she was everything and more a fan could wish for in an actor. Funny, very intelligent and I can report she seemed to have had the time of he life meeting all of us. Me, I'm just happy to have my arm around Nick, and not be slapped with a restraining order! LOL.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.34 seconds
9,921,025 unique visits since 8th January 2014