Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Return to GP 3 - October 2015
Spaceresearcher
While the excitement for GP 3 builds could I please request that whoever has the contacts for the gentleman who kindly offered to put together GP 1 into a DVD format be contacted and the content finally be released?

Many fans eagerly awaiting this splendid example of a GP and going blue in the face.

sweevo
Do not let it suffer the same fate as the Making of Blake's 7 documentaries! Oh, no!

trevor travis
sweevo wrote:

Do not let it suffer the same fate as the Making of Blake's 7 documentaries! Oh, no!

Sweevo, the docs (Parts 1, 2 and 3) are on Youtube. The links are on the main page of this website.

They are very good as well Pfft
Edited by trevor travis on 26 January 2015 08:27:36

clareblues1
Hi Anniew, it will be great to have you join us and don't worry you're not obliged to dress up Smile

The event is about creating an environment in which likeminded folk can come together to have a bit of fun and a few laughs as well as enjoy the various exhibits on display.

Gary will bring along his costume collection and Andy and Phil will have their models etc.

We also hope to have Mat Irvine again with his superb display of original series screen used models and props.

There are plans afoot to have a few more guests at this event, so watch this space!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Anniew
I will do my best to make it ! I won't have to dress up will I? Am a bit old for all that. And is Avon's Teddy to make an appearance? Do I bring sandwiches, food to share, items to exchange, money to buy? The perceptive among you may detect a smigeon of anxiety here. I definately won't have to sing, will I? Promise!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

clareblues1
Arrangements re food will be tthe same as last time, i.e. The sarnie shop over the road will be open for purchasing a light lunch and no doubt we will migrate to the pub again afterwards.

Tea, coffee and other soft drinks, plus biscuits will be available in the hall courtesy of Purplecleric's mum.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

I will do my best to make it ! I won't have to dress up will I? Am a bit old for all that. And is Avon's Teddy to make an appearance? Do I bring sandwiches, food to share, items to exchange, money to buy? The perceptive among you may detect a smigeon of anxiety here. I definately won't have to sing, will I? Promise!

I'm going, so I can 100% guarantee that dressing up and singing won't be compulsory!!! Grin

You can bring food to share with me... sorry, I meant us... if you wish to. I'm not sure what the definite plans are yet, but we had a proper meal in the pub afterwards last year.

Money is always good.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Anniew
Thank you all for the reassurance. Despite my opinionated presence of these forums I'm a bit shy really when it comes to new things! Hope to be there. But have 8 grandkids for whom I am part time carer so can never be absolutely sure of my time. About time I did something for myself though and you do sound like an amazing bunch - talented, knowledgable, fun- who I would very much like to meet. And Matt Irvine too I love his stuff!

purplecleric
I think Hugbot, Sopron and Ellen York will vouch for the fact that your anxieties will cease 20 secs after you first meet us, and that we'll seem like old friends straight away.

Would love to have you come and join us, just keep asking questions to allay your fears.

Hugbot
purplecleric wrote:

I think Hugbot, Sopron and Ellen York will vouch for the fact that your anxieties will cease 20 secs after you first meet us, and that we'll seem like old friends straight away.

Yup, definitely confirmed!

The evening before the event proper I was in the pub with PC, PC minor, Scott, the Clangers and Sopron. I had never met anyone of them before, while nearly all the others new each other (Sopron was the only other newby, but she had met the Clangers in the afternoon). And as PC said, it really was like meeting old friends. I went to Britain three times last year to meet with my fellow Horizonists. That should tell you something about how comfortable I am with you all!

By the way, in November I bought some hot relishes on the London Christmas market, produced by a company called ... The Cherry Tree! Ah, that brought back memories!

Ellen York
Anniew wrote:

If singing is mandatory, everyone will live to regret that decision; I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Wink

And you might change you mind about dressing up if Gary lets us model his costumes again. That was a highlight of the event for me last time (and there are plenty of pictures to prove it).

In all seriousness, this group was my first try at participating in a fandom and my only regret is that I didn't discover it sooner. I'm from the US, so it was a long trip for me to attend RTGP2 last year. As I usually put it, I packed my sonic screwdriver and teleport bracelet and made the leap of faith (and at the time it seemed a very large leap of faith). I had a wonderful time and am planning to be there in October.

I don't know how many of you noticed this, but when Clare posted the original announcement, out of the first five responses were the three Americans (who are buying $1000 plane tickets to be able to come), and out of the first 10 were three of us who were first-timers last April (and obviously had enough fun to want to do it again). That really speaks to what a lovely group we have here. Grin

littlesue
Anniew wrote:

Thank you all for the reassurance. Despite my opinionated presence of these forums I'm a bit shy really when it comes to new things! Hope to be there. But have 8 grandkids for whom I am part time carer so can never be absolutely sure of my time. About time I did something for myself though and you do sound like an amazing bunch - talented, knowledgable, fun- who I would very much like to meet. And Matt Irvine too I love his stuff!

I felt like you when I attended my first B7 Convention back in 1981, the Teal Vandor one in London. I had attended many Star Trek ones over the years previously, but I was still shaking like a leaf!!!
Even more so when confronted by Mr D (in his American Express suit!).
All I can say, is that I met many like minded fans of the show and I made lots of friends. My postage costs were a hell of a lot because we didn't have email or things like that.
I think even Uncle Vere was surprised at the turn out; Mums, Dads, Nans, Grandads, sons, daughters; in fact a whole spectrum of people.
None of us dressed up, but I had a jumper knitted by my Mum in Law for Edgecon the following year, and most costumes were for the competition at the end of Edgecon.
Whenever I go to Smallspace or the Sci fi thing up in Leicester, I wear a B7 T Shirt...but as has been noted, you may end up modelling one of Gary's costumes!!
You could always bring Grandchildren with you...although my Grandson only attended the first Smallspace and his interest doesn't last that long I'm afraid (I blame the XBox and Youtube, myself). Although he did get to play with the Teleport Console. I was a bit concerned about that, but Mat said 'Don't you worry, that's Paul Darrow proof!!!'
Anyway, hope to see you there.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
Ellen - only Gan's would fit I'm afraid. I need no reminders I am no Jenna or Cally!

littlesue
Anniew wrote:

Ellen - only Gan's would fit I'm afraid. I need no reminders I am no Jenna or Cally!

I wonder if we can get a nice young man to try on Avon's costumes?
PC and I really enjoyed helping the chap get dressed at Smallspace; all those hooks and eyes, Velcro.....leather...............
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
Ooh yum!

Anniew
Sorry, that's a bit too Justin on reflection. Nice young men, you will be safe!

JustBrad
littlesue wrote:

I wonder if we can get a nice young man to try on Avon's costumes?
PC and I really enjoyed helping the chap get dressed at Smallspace; all those hooks and eyes, Velcro.....leather...............

It might fit SD.

As for me, I'm too tall for Roy Kinnear, too short for David Jackson, too broad for anyone else, but nearly exactly Brian Blessed's size. (or was in 1995)

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Actors are tiny people.... I don't think any of the costumes fit me Grin

You might be able to squeeze into one of Steven's loose fitting costumes...

... if he had any loose fitting costumes. Pfft

trevor travis
Actors are tiny people.... I don't think any of the costumes fit me Grin

Ellen York
Anniew wrote:

I'm no Jenna or Cally either. The actors were truly tiny. Avon's tops are a passable fit on me, but I wouldn't dare try the trousers (I have hips). I would offer to let Sue help me with the studs on that black leather, but that probably isn't what she has in mind.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,800,212 unique visits since 8th January 2014