Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Aftermath.
Grade Four Ignorant
JustBrad wrote:

But does 'fleet' mean every ship in the Federation, or for instance, 'Galactic 7th Fleet' (where the other six could be relatively intact.

That I don't know, but I like to think it does. I was just replying to Panna's post showing that the Federation were involved with fighting off the Andromedans.

Panna
Oh,I know the Federation was involved in the battle. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. However, the Liberator was holding the alien fleet back until the Federation could arrive. That's what I liked about Star One and Aftermath. It's probably also why Vila said,"Avon this is stupid!"
If another ship came along to help them hold the gap in the defense shields until the Federation could arrive, it wouldn't be the same. Make sense?
Edited by Panna on 28 November 2014 16:45:40
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

trevor travis
Panna wrote:

I know the Federation was involved in the battle. However, the Liberator was holding the alien fleet back until the Federation could arrive. That's what I liked about Star One. It's probably also why Vila said,"Avon this is stupid!"
If another ship came along to help them hold the gap in the defense shields until the Federation could arrive, it wouldn't be the same. Make sense?

At the end of "Star One", there's dialogue that other ships are on their way. The nearest, the Newton, is just an hour away.

trevor travis
Panna, BTW, great name. Kinda is a superb story!

peladon
JustBrad wrote:

Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

Panna wrote:

TROOPER 2: We lost over eighty percent of the fleet, you know.

TROOPER 1: Eighty percent?

TROOPER 2: We only won because there were more of us than there were of them.

But does 'fleet' mean every ship in the Federation, or for instance, 'Galactic 7th Fleet' (where the other six could be relatively intact.

In general I think they would talk about the 'Fleet' as the human fleet, so all available ships. Servalan was clearly mobilising everything at the end of Star One. Later in the episode and the series its made clear that fighting was over a wide area and that the Federation is pretty much finished as a military power.

Panna
trevor travis wrote:

Panna, BTW, great name. Kinda is a superb story!

Thanks.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
Well, my impression of the first two series was that the Federation controlled most of the military power, save that of pirates and free traders and the like. As for independents, well there was XK72 which wasn't so neutral after all.
I guess I'm the only one who was touched by the idea of the criminals aboard Liberator being the only ones to hold the gap until the fleet arrived.

Grade Four Ignorant
peladon wrote:

In general I think they would talk about the 'Fleet' as the human fleet, so all available ships. Servalan was clearly mobilising everything at the end of Star One. Later in the episode and the series its made clear that fighting was over a wide area and that the Federation is pretty much finished as a military power.

I subscribe to the theory that Liberator held the line until Federation reinforcements turned up and that they fell back into Federation space where the fighting continued. With the Andromedans defeated, the remaining Federation forces collapsed into civil war, which lead to widespread collapse between Powerplay and Volcano.

peladon

peladon wrote:

I subscribe to the theory that Liberator held the line until Federation reinforcements turned up and that they fell back into Federation space where the fighting continued. With the Andromedans defeated, the remaining Federation forces collapsed into civil war, which lead to widespread collapse between Powerplay and Volcano.

I'd agree that the suggestion is that Liberator fought until they couldnt fight any longer and then fell back. Whether the Federation would have turned up in any meaningful nimbers by that point is less clear. From what is said in the first three eps I'd guess the aliens made it into the main systems - which given their numbers was always probable. Its clear that Earth came close to civil war so probably some of the other allied systems would have done so too.

Panna

peladon wrote:

Oh, that sounds like what I was thinking. I wonder if there is a story arc thread, because I see Aftermath as the start of the series 3 story arc with episodes like Powerplay, Volcano and Moloch as part of the same theme.

Grade Four Ignorant
There's evidence to suggest that a number of weeks or months pass between Powerplay and Volcano. They are still looking for Blake, as Avon points out that Obsidian is another planet they've heard Blake was on and that they've been trying to find him for a long time. Also, Vila has spent enough time with Tarrant to hear all his stories about how he deserted from Space Command and become suspicious of him.

Panna

There's evidence to suggest that a number of weeks or months pass between Powerplay and Volcano. They are still looking for Blake, as Avon points out that Obsidian is another planet they've heard Blake was on and that they've been trying to find him for a long time. Also, Vila has spent enough time with Tarrant to hear all his stories about how he deserted from Space Command and become suspicious of him.

Hmm, I felt only a couple of weeks had passed in Volcano. My impression was that Vila didn't trust Tarrant because he doesn't know him well enough to see past his being a former space captain.
As for Avon, I was thinking he thought Blake was dead and doesn't want to waste his time when he could be getting rich. LOL

Panna
I've always wondered about Avon's line where he says something like, 'Not that it matters now, if it ever did.'
Then Hal Mellenby says of course it matters. Did it?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.36 seconds
9,450,617 unique visits since 8th January 2014