Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Aftermath.
Panna
Sorry if this has been asked before, but something about Aftermath always confused me. When did Blake and Jenna leave the ship? Cally tells Vila that Jenna went with Blake, but if so, why didn't Vila see them take the life capsules?

Gauda Cheese
Too worried about his own skin?
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Hugbot
Panna wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but something about Aftermath always confused me. When did Blake and Jenna leave the ship? Cally tells Vila that Jenna went with Blake, but if so, why didn't Vila see them take the life capsules?

For redundancy reasons, there must be more than one life capsule bay aboard Liberator. I always thought Blake and Jenna just took another one. Maybe because it was nearer to Blake's quarters.
On second thought, why should Jenna be near Blake's quarters???
Edited by Hugbot on 22 November 2014 19:15:33

Travisina
I imagined there would be life capsules on both sides of the ship - Vila, Cally and Avon went for the starboard ones, while Blake and Jenna went port. Or vice versa.

This is dealt with very nicely in the Big Finish original-cast audio Warship which works really well as 'the missing episode' between Seasons B and C. It's on special offer this month, too - only 2.99 for the download!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Panna
Well, new stories aside, it's something I haven't seen explained in old forums. So I thought I missed something. I'm not sure if the new audio's are in my personal fanon yet. I don't like the idea of the Liberator not being the only ship to hold back the alien fleet. It take's away the point of the end of Star One IMHO.

Panna
Anyway thanks for the ideas about them taking capsules on the other side of the ship. I always wondered if there could have been life capsules next to the medical unit.
Did anyone else think it was a plot hole at the time?

Travisina
Panna wrote:
Did anyone else think it was a plot hole at the time?

Not so much a plot hole, as something that could have been explained better!

Panna
I also wondered if they had stayed in the life support capsules, but not launched them, they could have avoided abandoning the ship. Or if they wore space suits.

peladon
Capsules both sides makes sense in terms of ship design, but it could also be just a metter of timing.

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

I also wondered if they had stayed in the life support capsules, but not launched them, they could have avoided abandoning the ship. Or if they wore space suits.

It's a valid point although the writers needed to have some sort of conflict to start the new series and also members of the crew had to be on the planet Sarran in order to meet and bring Dayna to the Liberator. Of course, Tarrant came by himself along with a Federation squad of soldiers- but good point and fodder for more Blake's 7 fan fiction.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
Panna wrote:

Well, one way or another they had to write Blake and Jenna out of the series.

Joe Dredd
Panna wrote:

I suppose that, compared to the Liberator, the amount of oxygen stored (or able to be generated) by the spacesuits or life capsules would be limited, so that once in the life capsule the best plan would be to try to get to a planet with a breathable atmosphere.

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Panna wrote:

It's a valid point although the writers needed to have some sort of conflict to start the new series and also members of the crew had to be on the planet Sarran in order to meet and bring Dayna to the Liberator. Of course, Tarrant came by himself along with a Federation squad of soldiers- but good point and fodder for more Blake's 7 fan fiction.

That would be an interesting story for an AU.
Or if they had spent S3 fighting off hidden pockets of Andromedans.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
Joe Dredd wrote:

Panna wrote:

I suppose that, compared to the Liberator, the amount of oxygen stored (or able to be generated) by the spacesuits or life capsules would be limited, so that once in the life capsule the best plan would be to try to get to a planet with a breathable atmosphere.

That's a good explanation. Although maybe Zen wanted a new crew again... lol Smile
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
Did Warship have an explanation as to how Servalan got to Sarran so fast?

Grade Four Ignorant
I'm happy to accept that Jenna went to help Blake and the escape pods they chose to use were nearer to them than the ones Avon, Cally and Vila took.

Travisina
Panna wrote:

Did Warship have an explanation as to how Servalan got to Sarran so fast?

Yes, actually. Warship is an excellent 'missing episode' that takes place during the Galactic War - starting at the end of Star One and ending at the beginning of Aftermath. By the end, all the characters are in place for the continuation of the TV series. My review is here, FWIW: http://www.blakes...icle_id=90

Panna
I don't know if I'll get Warship. I liked the idea that Avon of all people, along with the rest of the Liberator crew, were the only ones holding the line-trying to protect the empire that was trying to kill them. I'd rather not find out if Warship ruins that notion.

Grade Four Ignorant
Panna wrote:

I don't know if I'll get Warship. I liked the idea that Avon of all people, along with the rest of the Liberator crew, were the only ones holding the line-trying to protect the empire that was trying to kill them. I'd rather not find out if Warship ruins that notion.

Well, the Federation soldiers who crash on Sarran at the start make it clear that Space Command was involved in the battle.

TROOPER 2: We lost over eighty percent of the fleet, you know.

TROOPER 1: Eighty percent?

TROOPER 2: We only won because there were more of us than there were of them.

JustBrad
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

Panna wrote:

TROOPER 2: We lost over eighty percent of the fleet, you know.

TROOPER 1: Eighty percent?

TROOPER 2: We only won because there were more of us than there were of them.

But does 'fleet' mean every ship in the Federation, or for instance, 'Galactic 7th Fleet' (where the other six could be relatively intact.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,467,616 unique visits since 8th January 2014