Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Dr Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
The date: Wednesday the 26th of November 2014

7.45pm UK time - Dr Who: Human Nature/Family of Blood

All are most welcome to join Trevor Travis and myself for this classic from the 2007 season of Doctor Who!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
If I can find Martha over the weekend Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

If I can find Martha over the weekend Grin

Check with the s2 set, she might be with Mickey now remember... Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Yay, Martha has returned after her worldwide travels Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Oh no, we had better not use our phones at the same time or time will rewind a year! Angry

I see your post went 6 mins up stream...

BradPaula
Although I will try hard, I probably won't be able to join in the rewatch this week- having both Thanksgiving Day and TARDIS con to plan for. But have fun and I'll resume with you next week, hopefully. Cheers!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Gauda Cheese
The books better Oops Mind you when the companion is Bernice Summerfield and is the lead for most of the story, of course the books better.

Having said that though this two parter is one I like. Let it not be said I dislike all New Who.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Oh no, we had better not use our phones at the same time or time will rewind a year! Angry

That would only happen if we were using a paradox machine set up in a previous rewatch Wink

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

The books better Oops Mind you when the companion is Bernice Summerfield and is the lead for most of the story, of course the books better.

Having said that though this two parter is one I like. Let it not be said I dislike all New Who.

GC,

But what about:

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
Bad Wolf/The Parting Of The Ways
Army Of Ghosts/Doomsday
The Sound Of Drums/The Last Of The Time Lords (unless you add in Utopia and count this as a three-parter)
Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead

All classic New Who two-parters Cool

Spaceship Dispatcher
Gauda Cheese wrote:

...Mind you when the companion is Bernice Summerfield and is the lead for most of the story, of course the books better...

Very true! What do you think of Lisa Bowerman's portrayal of the character? For me, she has the voice I had always had in my head while reading the character in print...

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

GC,

But what about:

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
Bad Wolf/The Parting Of The Ways
Army Of Ghosts/Doomsday
The Sound Of Drums/The Last Of The Time Lords (unless you add in Utopia and count this as a three-parter)
Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead

All classic New Who two-parters Cool

Well none of those were critically acclaimed books, even stillllll

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances: Never huge into Ecclestons Doctor I felt he needed more, but yes this ones good.

Bad Wolf/The Parting Of The Ways: I can't remember anything about this except that Jack "dies" and Rose annoys me God I hate her. Oh and Regeneration. This started like Big Brother right? Yeah I rest my case.

Army Of Ghosts/Doomsday: Horrible use of the Cybermen, other than that um what happened again?

The Sound Of Drums/The Last Of The Time Lords Hated it, Simm's Master is one of my least favourite handlings of an old concept along with the Cybermen. Should have begged Jacobi to stay or I don't know... Make Simm's Master not be a Batman 66 villain.

Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead The Last River story right? Can't remember anything about it cept she dies,

Remember I've not rewatched any of New Who. I think we'd agre more on the old stuff.

Gauda Cheese

Gauda Cheese wrote:

...Mind you when the companion is Bernice Summerfield and is the lead for most of the story, of course the books better...

Very true! What do you think of Lisa Bowerman's portrayal of the character? For me, she has the voice I had always had in my head while reading the character in print...

She's amazing! Perfectly captures who I think is the best companion of all time! Yes I said it! She may be non canonical, but she's managed her own spin off series for what 12 years? Not bad for a non canonical companion in a niche market.

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:
Remember I've not rewatched any of New Who. I think we'd agre more on the old stuff.

The old stuff is great too.

As long as you like "Horns Of Nimon", we'll get on famously Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Gauda Cheese wrote:

...What do you think of Lisa Bowerman's portrayal of the character? For me, she has the voice I had always had in my head while reading the character in print...

She's amazing! Perfectly captures who I think is the best companion of all time! Yes I said it! She may be non canonical, but she's managed her own spin off series for what 12 years? Not bad for a non canonical companion in a niche market.

I'm very much looking forward to dramatisation of The Highest Science by Gareth Roberts due out next month...

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
had to fight off ravening hoards of Tennant fan-girl daughters to get the DVDs...
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

trevor travis
Ah, I'm 15 minutes earlier. Hey ho!

Spaceship Dispatcher
DVD loaded up, ready to start at 7.45pm Grin

Post #5000 Oops

Time 1935

trevor travis

Of which, about three have had something useful to say Grin Grin Grin

trevor travis
Board seems to be behaving itself tonight.

trevor travis
Looking forward to this.... quite possibly my favourite "Nu Who" story.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.65 seconds
9,180,732 unique visits since 8th January 2014