Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Ask the Producer - More questions invited!
Joe Dredd
Spaceresearcher wrote:
The fine Big Finish production 'Call Me Jacks' was gratefully received and both heart felt and filled with laughs.

I was looking at the cover for the third "War Doctor" release by Big Finish yesterday and it occurred to me that Arthur Dent is not the only space traveller going everywhere in a dressing gown!

Spaceresearcher
Travisina wrote:

I'm following a writer on Twitter who says she is writing a B7 audio for Big Finish, but I've not seen any official confirmation. I suspect that whatever plans Big Finish were working on have had to be revised following the loss of Gareth Thomas, so it may be a while before we find out anything.

Spaceresearcher wrote:
Here's hoping perhaps Jacqueline might consider reading her 'From Byfleet To The Bush' autobiography. The fine Big Finish production 'Call Me Jacks' was gratefully received and both heart felt and filled with laughs.

She already has!
The book and audio were produced by Fantom Films (not Big Finish). The audio is available on CD or Download here: From Byfleet to the Bush

It's an abridged version of the book, but includes a bonus interview recorded in March 2012.

You listen to an extract here: Chapter 6

Many thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Only the book was available at the time I ordered it. Great to hear.

Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:
The fine Big Finish production 'Call Me Jacks' was gratefully received and both heart felt and filled with laughs.

I was looking at the cover for the third "War Doctor" release by Big Finish yesterday and it occurred to me that Arthur Dent is not the only space traveller going everywhere in a dressing gown!

LOL. I never thought of it that way.

Spaceresearcher
Not sure why I hadn't thought about this before but while thinking about all the great productions that the great Gareth Thomas had been in (Star Maidens, Blakes 7, The Knights Of God(where he was the only actor worth watching the show for)), I got to thinking about the beginning of Blakes 7.

In the first few episodes of Blakes 7 we are given pieces about what kind of a person Blake was, what he stood for, how he was 're-programmed' by the Federation and have inklings of his betrayal. We realise that if an all powerful tyrannical government like the Federation can do this not just to a single individual but possibly an entire population(later confirmed in other episodes), they are not only in control but out of control.

So I got to thinking about an idea for a possible series.

The series would be called 'BLAKE'. It would involve using surviving actors from the first couple of episodes who try to bring Blake back to the resistance and focus on there story before Blakes's re-programming. Blakes life before he was given tranquilized dreams told through the eyes of his followers and people who believed in him. To add drama will of course be the people who did not believe in him and who lead to his betrayal. Further drama would be the issues that families and members have for being associated with the resistance and how that impacts there lives. It would allow for some new characters to be brought to light that were not known about previously and provide a good basis for character building and interaction which has always been a primary focal point for stories in Blakes 7. Something I feel was one of the shows many strengths.

Also it could host a lot of new actors as the resistance was once a much larger movement than what we see in the first couple of episodes of the series.

While I was thinking more in terms of aspects of Blake before the episode 'The Way Back', it could also be done in terms of looking back at events as well. However I think focusing on one particular time period 'Blake's life before the events of 'The Way Back' and what lead to this episode would make for an interesting series.

Something in the style of 'The Liberator Chronicles' but with the twist of having
the narrators telling the story of what's happening now and what's about to happen. With the rights to produce Blakes 7 related audio productions, Big Finish could possibly use the samples of Gareth's voice available in the episodes to construct speeches for Blake perhaps but if that's not possible then they can simply be told through the eyes of the resistance followers.

The characters who are so evil they conceive and come up with a governing body as corrupt as the Federation and believe in it in the first place would also make for exciting drama.

It could perhaps start as a 4-8 CD mini-series and be a great chance for new writers to pen some fascinating new stories for Blake.

I was thinking it could be dedicated to the memory of Gareth Thomas and perhaps some of the profits could go towards Alzheimers research which was one of his wishes.

Anyway, just an idea that popped into my head and I'm looking forward to Big Finishes new Blakes 7 adventures.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.30 seconds
9,175,370 unique visits since 8th January 2014