Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Ask the Producer - More questions invited!
Inquisitor
How about the Season 3 crew, finding a recording of Blake or Jenna in their cabins which leads them to an adventre

Spaceresearcher
More of the 'other side of the coin' stories would also be nice. It was interesting to hear a story from the other sides point of view in an earlier Liberator Chronicles release.

Inquisitor
Will there be another encounter with the System who built Liberator we know they are still about after the Magnificient 4

Spaceresearcher
Inquisitor, you saw it for yourself. The system was 'blown to smithereens standard by 10'.

Spaceresearcher
The most recent installment: 'Mindset', was a stunning audio production.

I've been curious as to how a more intimate spacecraft battlescene would work in an audio adventure. Are there any plans for such stories? (alright that might be telling but any insite appreciated).

The question is asked as one of the things that made the first season amazing for me, was learning about a new room or feature of The Liberator. I've been curious to see how a sound effects battle might go down. (Warship was largely spoken word narrative). Could an audio adventure achieve what we loved on the screen?

trevor travis
Spaceresearcher wrote:

I've been curious as to how a more intimate spacecraft battlescene would work in an audio adventure. Are there any plans for such stories? (alright that might be telling but any insite appreciated).

The question is asked as one of the things that made the first season amazing for me, was learning about a new room or feature of The Liberator. I've been curious to see how a sound effects battle might go down. (Warship was largely spoken word narrative). Could an audio adventure achieve what we loved on the screen?

Can I ask the opposite question:

Alistair Lock and the other sound guys do a fabulous job. However, lengthy battle sequences do not make good audio listening. Please could these be dispensed with, and replaced with more of what is at the real heart of B7: great dialogue and great characterisation.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Here's another question for the list, from our Death Watch rewatch today:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

There really should have been a sequel in s4 where Soolin ends up chosen by the other side, with Avon having to devise a way to fake the whole contest Grin

Oh calling Big Finish! Oops

Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

JustBrad
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Just listened to it. All I can say is, wow.

Spaceresearcher
If Josette Simon would like to reprise her role, is a Season 4 series of audio adventures a possibility? Is a Season 4 set of audio adventures a possibility period?

Spaceresearcher
The stories which feature the other side, where equally as interesting as the new stories about the crew. I enjoyed the story that featured a look into a day in the life of a Federation officer for example. More of those would be a nice addition to expanding the Blakes 7 universe.

Spaceresearcher
OK, this may have been asked before but just in case and because I don't know the answer.

Is there any chance of Colin Baker reprising his role as 'Baben The Butcher' for a Blakes 7 audio adventure?

It seems like a logical idea, I mean he performs in many Big Finish productions.

Inquisitor
How about a box set release in the style of Light at the End and Worlds of Doctor Who?

Spaceresearcher
Inquisitor wrote:

How about a box set release in the style of Light at the End and Worlds of Doctor Who?

Great idea Inquisitor.

Spaceresearcher
Very sad to see the only release for next year so far, appears to be 'The Liberator Chronicles Volume 12'. No mention for a continuing classic adventures at all.

Oh well, it will be great to have these adventures but perhaps the producers could shed some light onto the future of our beloved Blakes 7 at Big Finish?

Travisina
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Very sad to see the only release for next year so far, appears to be 'The Liberator Chronicles Volume 12'. No mention for a continuing classic adventures at all.

Oh well, it will be great to have these adventures but perhaps the producers could shed some light onto the future of our beloved Blakes 7 at Big Finish?

Light has already been shed - Cavan Scott officially confirmed last month that there will be a new range of adventures in 2016:
Big Finish Release New Liberator Chronicles Story and Announce Plans for 2016
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceresearcher
Terrific. Well I'll stay tuned, till then it would seem it will be misc Liberator Chronicles adventures. Brilliant. Smile

wall1885
with LC 12 almost with us, I was wondering can you give us an estimated date of when BF will be announcing what is coming next in your Blake's 7 range?

or Even better tell us what direction BF are going now that the Lib Chrons have reached their conclusion?

More full cast stories??? - If yes for which season?
Will there be Scorpio Tales/Chronicles?
Will there be spin off stories - not necessarily moving away from TV established canon but maybe featuring other characters eg Travis, Carnell etc in stories not involving Blake and the gang?

Haha I know I'm probing a lot but hey, if you don't ask, you never know.

Any info will be gratefully received and if you post it on here I promise not to tell a soul ;-)

Spaceresearcher
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Can I ask the opposite question:

Alistair Lock and the other sound guys do a fabulous job. However, lengthy battle sequences do not make good audio listening. Please could these be dispensed with, and replaced with more of what is at the real heart of B7: great dialogue and great characterisation.

You haven't heard the Judge Dredd series from Big Finish I take it? They certainly do work if done correctly. Best of all, I was envisioning something that would appeal to both sides. What's going through the characters mind as the battle plays out. Episodes where our heroes have to take out Federation troopers during there quests have always added excitement and suspense to Blakes 7. Please don't believe 'Days Of Our Lives' in space is Blakes 7. As Terry Nation himself declared, it's 'The Dirty Dozen' in space. There's going to be some shoot outs people.

Spaceresearcher
Travisina wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Light has already been shed - Cavan Scott officially confirmed last month that there will be a new range of adventures in 2016:
Big Finish Release New Liberator Chronicles Story and Announce Plans for 2016

Dear Tavisina or Big Finish producers, any word on these alleged 'new range of adventures in 2016'? (The Liberator Chronicles Volume 12 was gratefully received but is that it for now?) The year is coming to a close and so far...... While I'm certain all Blakes 7 fans are mourning the death of the great Gareth Thomas, a new adventure would certainly lift spirits. Perhaps the next adventure could be a special tribute to Blake.

For the record, the recent audio reading by Paul Darrow was an excellent production and it was a real thrill to hear the book I'd read being read by a hero. For fans who may be umming and arrring about purchasing Paul's reading of 'Your Him Aren't You!', there's some bonus material at the end and personally I thought it made the purchase more than worth while. I guess there's something special about hearing the person who actually wrote the autobiography do the reading that you can't put a price on if you enjoyed their book. Here's hoping perhaps Jacqueline might consider reading her 'From Byfleet To The Bush' autobiography. The fine Big Finish production 'Call Me Jacks' was gratefully received and both heart felt and filled with laughs.

Travisina
I'm following a writer on Twitter who says she is writing a B7 audio for Big Finish, but I've not seen any official confirmation. I suspect that whatever plans Big Finish were working on have had to be revised following the loss of Gareth Thomas, so it may be a while before we find out anything.

Spaceresearcher wrote:
Here's hoping perhaps Jacqueline might consider reading her 'From Byfleet To The Bush' autobiography. The fine Big Finish production 'Call Me Jacks' was gratefully received and both heart felt and filled with laughs.

She already has!
The book and audio were produced by Fantom Films (not Big Finish). The audio is available on CD or Download here: From Byfleet to the Bush

It's an abridged version of the book, but includes a bonus interview recorded in March 2012.

You listen to an extract here: Chapter 6
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,914,842 unique visits since 8th January 2014