Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Should Del Grant be killed off at the end of the current series of audio adventures?
BradPaula
49ermadfan wrote:

Personally I don't see how they can kill him off at the end of the series C full cast audios. He appears in PD's Lucifer: Revelation book. If they kill him off then they are treating Paul's books as non-canon - maybe a good thing, maybe not depending on your viewpoint of the books.


Good point, but I personally do not consider the Lucifer books to be anywhere near canon as they are certainly NOT set in the Blake's 7 universe. Just my opinion, though! LOL.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
trevor travis
Uh-oh, Paula discussing the Lucifer books Shock Shock Grin
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
Really enjoyed the first one and looking forward very much to the second volume; a great addition to the B7 universe imo, but Paula already knows I think that... Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Uh-oh, Paula discussing the Lucifer books Shock Shock Grin


I tried to be diplomatic, TT! Off topic, so excuse me, but TT, you have to listen to Scimitar and the extras. 'Nuff said.....Angry
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Really enjoyed the first one and looking forward very much to the second volume; a great addition to the B7 universe imo, but Paula already knows I think that... Grin


Yes I do, but we're both adults and friends, and we can hold differing opinions and still get along. That's the whole idea about being an adult! LOL.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Yes I do, but we're both adults and friends, and we can hold differing opinions and still get along. That's the whole idea about being an adult! LOL.

Of course! Grin

What does Gyrrwch yn ofalus mean on that sign you're holding? *No! Please don't...* Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:
I tried to be diplomatic, TT! Off topic, so excuse me, but TT, you have to listen to Scimitar and the extras. 'Nuff said.....Angry


Paula, still waiting for my copy to arrive... intrigued about these extras Grin
 
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:



Paula, still waiting for my copy to arrive... intrigued about these extras Grin



Suffice to say, he knows you're trying to get him killed. AngryPfft
 
Gauda Cheese
I want to say no!

But this is Blakes 7 so of course I voted yes...... but if they wanna bring him back for some Scorpio work I'd dig it.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...
 
littlesue
Absolutely not.
As Joe Dredd said he could turn up after GP and at least try and sort out the mess that Avon has left behind.
And if Avon is the only survivor, along with ORAC, then at least Avon will have someone around who knows him, to a degree, and perhaps be a calming influence...or not. (I hope so, as he does that in one of my scribblings).
I must say, TT, that I admire your bravery in even suggesting that a certain blonde haired mercenary be killed off.
Let's just hope that Paula has a memory like mine....sorry, what was the question?
If not...you are in very deep trouble! Angry
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
trevor travis
littlesue wrote:
Absolutely not.
As Joe Dredd said he could turn up after GP and at least try and sort out the mess that Avon has left behind.
And if Avon is the only survivor, along with ORAC, then at least Avon will have someone around who knows him, to a degree, and perhaps be a calming influence...or not. (I hope so, as he does that in one of my scribblings).
I must say, TT, that I admire your bravery in even suggesting that a certain blonde haired mercenary be killed off.
Let's just hope that Paula has a memory like mine....sorry, what was the question?
If not...you are in very deep trouble! Angry


I'm used to that Grin Grin Grin

I was just trying to work out why Avon is so different in Terminal to any other Colin or Derek episode - why is he suddenly so keen to find Blake in "Terminal"; in "Blake" it's a last resort to try to save the brand new Rebel Alliance. Furthermore it's revealed that Avon has known (via Orac) of Blake's location for some time, and only goes to find him once it suits Avon. This is far more Avon-like behaviour than the desperate "Must Find Blake" behaviour of Terminal - where does this come from and what causes it?

What on Earth (or elsewhere) happened to Avon between Death-Watch, where he's on top form, and Terminal, where he's bad tempered and his thought processes have been stuffed up.

And I wondered if Big Finish would also spot this, and do something with Avon in the current audio series to lead into "Terminal", and whether this may involve Grant as well, given Grant's absence from this episode.


***SPOILERS FOR THOSE YET TO LISTEN TO PRESIDENT***
And BF has already killed off a character from the original series, Rontane. Being a character in B7 means you're more than likely to be killed off at some point or another. I suspect DG will meet his maker at some point, it's more a question of when rather than if.
 
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:
I was just trying to work out why Avon is so different in Terminal to any other Colin or Derek episode - why is he suddenly so keen to find Blake in "Terminal"


Perhaps he's been keen all along, only now, finally, he has a credible lead, a lead that seems just a tad too good to be true, so he is being ultra cautious and skeptical, even by Avonic standards.
 
peladon
BradPaula wrote:

49ermadfan wrote:

Personally I don't see how they can kill him off at the end of the series C full cast audios. He appears in PD's Lucifer: Revelation book. If they kill him off then they are treating Paul's books as non-canon - maybe a good thing, maybe not depending on your viewpoint of the books.


Good point, but I personally do not consider the Lucifer books to be anywhere near canon as they are certainly NOT set in the Blake's 7 universe. Just my opinion, though! LOL.


I've never read it but there is no way it can be canon. If you include anything off screen as canon then series 5 of B7 is Afterlife (not an idea I favour personally) in which case the Federation is dead and gone and Earth is ruled by Avon or his sister - depending on how you interpret the last page or two.Grin
 
peladon
trevor travis wrote:


I was just trying to work out why Avon is so different in Terminal to any other Colin or Derek episode - why is he suddenly so keen to find Blake in "Terminal";

What on Earth (or elsewhere) happened to Avon between Death-Watch, where he's on top form, and Terminal, where he's bad tempered and his thought processes have been stuffed up.



Personally I'd say he's back to being Avon, that is he is perfectly consistent with series A and most of B. His one incident of messy thinking is the cloud, for the rest he is functioning up to par, even in his response to Tarrant. I have my own theory about why he goes for Blake in that way but it assumes that you discount a number of well loved fanons so its probably better left in its current place.Smile
 
trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:
I was just trying to work out why Avon is so different in Terminal to any other Colin or Derek episode - why is he suddenly so keen to find Blake in "Terminal"


Perhaps he's been keen all along, only now, finally, he has a credible lead, a lead that seems just a tad too good to be true, so he is being ultra cautious and skeptical, even by Avonic standards.


Brad, but that's the thing, he's not being ultra-cautious at all - quite the opposite. He actually does several un-Avon things such as:

1. charging through the particle cloud
2. not consulting with Orac as things develop (contrast with Rumours)
3. teleporting down himself and putting himself in the line of fire, instead of sending Tarrant down first to get into trouble, and then use that as a diversion to achieve his objective. Grin
 
trevor travis
peladon wrote:
Personally I'd say he's back to being Avon, that is he is perfectly consistent with series A and most of B. His one incident of messy thinking is the cloud, for the rest he is functioning up to par, even in his response to Tarrant. I have my own theory about why he goes for Blake in that way but it assumes that you discount a number of well loved fanons so its probably better left in its current place.Smile


Peladon, but it's not consistent with Season A & B. Avon tends to be the one to hang back, e.g. Horizon. He's not the one to teleport down into an obvious trap.

Although it's quite interesting what you think about the "Terminal" Avon, because it's very close to Season D Avon; secretive, erratic and prone to make mistakes.

The big shift occurs between the end of Death-Watch and the start of Terminal... I'd quite like to know why Wink
Edited by trevor travis on 18 November 2014 18:10:09
 
meegat39
peladon wrote:

trevor travis wrote:


I was just trying to work out why Avon is so different in Terminal to any other Colin or Derek episode - why is he suddenly so keen to find Blake in "Terminal";

What on Earth (or elsewhere) happened to Avon between Death-Watch, where he's on top form, and Terminal, where he's bad tempered and his thought processes have been stuffed up.



Personally I'd say he's back to being Avon, that is he is perfectly consistent with series A and most of B. His one incident of messy thinking is the cloud, for the rest he is functioning up to par, even in his response to Tarrant. I have my own theory about why he goes for Blake in that way but it assumes that you discount a number of well loved fanons so its probably better left in its current place.Smile


Hi Peladon, you've intrigued me with your secretive theory. Any chance you can pm me your theory if you don't want to post it on the forum? I'm fairly hard to offend...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
peladon
trevor travis wrote:


Peladon, but it's not consistent with Season A & B. Avon tends to be the one to hang back, e.g. Horizon. He's not the one to teleport down into an obvious trap.

Although it's quite interesting what you think about the "Terminal" Avon, because it's very close to Season D Avon; secretive, erratic and prone to make mistakes.

The big shift occurs between the end of Death-Watch and the start of Terminal... I'd quite like to know why Wink


Disagree, he's clearly very tired but his behaviour and manner of dealing with a situation is consistent enough. Avon doesnt hang back that often when you look at events. He rips into Blake for the planned course of action on most occasions but once in it he doesnt fail to act as needed. In this case he was acting as he felt he needed to. Nor do I see Terminal Avon as in any way Series D Avon, after all he is totally rational and collected, he is running the risks, and if the others had done as he instructed (and had he not flown through the cloud) then they would have all got away. No the Terminal Avon is the Avon of Spacefall, The Web, MtD, Project Avalon, Deliverance. Orac. Pressure Point, and Countdown.
 
peladon
meegat39 wrote:


Hi Peladon, you've intrigued me with your secretive theory. Any chance you can pm me your theory if you don't want to post it on the forum? I'm fairly hard to offend...


Hi, It's not that secretive, it just doesnt fit with a lot of fanon. However I do explore it a little in I&R so its not classified.Grin

Certainly I'll PM you with the full analysis when I get the chance.
 
President Solvite
I'm with you on this TT.

The crew was screwed however you look at it.. Liberator was dying, Avon had the key (and got himself caught) Zen estimated that the ship was viable only for a few hours (by which time they would have been no doubt cornered by killer pursuit ships)

I find the sentence if the others had done as instructed (staying on board the ship) and getting away laughable.. The Liberator would have been torn apart as it (tried) to leave orbit, or rotted to nothing if it stayed put. Going down and helping Avon was the only way to possibly get out of this by obtaining Orac's key and maybe somehow finding a solution. (long shot, but every other option was a null choice)

Terminal is certainly not Avon's finest hour.. the cloud is just the first one of his many long line of blunders. Blake would have been proud! Pfft
Edited by President Solvite on 18 November 2014 20:49:36
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
9,890,200 unique visits since 8th January 2014