Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Should Del Grant be killed off at the end of the current series of audio adventures?
Yes Yes 16%[3 Votes]
No No 79%[15 Votes]
Undecided Undecided 0%[0 Votes]
TT, the Welsh street sign is at the ready! TT, the Welsh street sign is at the ready! 5%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 19
 Print Thread
Should Del Grant be killed off at the end of the current series of audio adventures?
trevor travis
Entertain me here for a moment.

These current stories are set between Death-Watch and Terminal aren't they?

Now something big happens between these two episodes. In Death-Watch, the crew are getting on better than ever. Avon almost seems jovial. Things are very different in Terminal.

So I'd like to see a dramatic finish to the current audio series, with Avon killing Del Grant, a huge row between Avon and the rest of the crew, and then we go into Terminal...

JustBrad
We know where you live.

trevor travis
Brad, I just think a huge write out scene would be good for Grant, rather than just let him fade away. After all, he's now part of the crew, and part of being part of the crew is that you have to die. Smile

Plus he isn't about in Terminal, so something has happened to him.

BradPaula
Oh, a loaded question and one you ask when you know full well I am over 4000 miles away! But all kidding aside, I have given the matter some thought and I would rather Grant gets tired of all the business on the Liberator and leaves to go back to his mercenary/freedom fighting work. I think killing him off would serve no purpose and they could revisit the character in future Chronicles if need be.

So my vote would be a resounding NO! I'm very protective of my mercenary and it would be a shame if he were to die in a blaze of glory- not unlike Blake did on Gauda Prime. Well, perhaps blaze of glory isn't quite the phrase, but nevertheless, NO! Let Del live! Or else.
Edited by BradPaula on 16 November 2014 00:31:01
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:NO! Let Del live! Or else.

Uh-oh Grin

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Brad, I just think a huge write out scene would be good for Grant, rather than just let him fade away. After all, he's now part of the crew, and part of being part of the crew is that you have to die. Smile

Plus he isn't about in Terminal, so something has happened to him.

An ambiguous scene, Liberator must flee, Grant left behind, massive explosion, is he dead or isn't he?
I can live with that.

But I'd prefer if Grant left of his own accord. After all, he has his own agenda. I must go, I am needed, good luck, maybe we'll meet again.

Joe Dredd
I'd like to think Del Grant survived.

For practical reasons BF should keep the character alive to act as a crew stand-in if needed. Plotwise, it would also be a nice thread if Grant were out there occasionally passing them bits of information, rather than them intercepting it other ways. Personally I like the thought of Grant being there post GP, ready to effect a rescue.

There are some great spaces in S4 that BF could use for "The Scorpio Chronicles". If Grant was still around and in touch he may know about Xenon base, and there's a story waiting to be written there about why Avon was suddenly so willing to reveal the location to a swag of outsiders in "Warlord". (Neutral territory for all, yes, but they could've found an equivalent of Beta V outside Federation space.) Something else must've happened beforehand and I could easily sense the shadow of Del Grant in that.

Lurena
No, not killed off! He will be going on a mission, tracking down Jenna.
He is doomed to miss the Liberator rendevous when the Liberator is forced to change course.
He will be missing, perhaps in the end with Jenna? And will Grant be the one who told Blake about Jenna's death?
How about that?
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Travisina
No, please, NO!

Obviously he has to be written out at the end of this all-cast series in order to bring the crew back to Season C canon, but he's such a great character and so well played, it would be a shame to lose him. Big Finish haven't killed off the President they introduced in the Season B all-cast series, the fate of Vila's father is ambiguous and there's at least one Nyrron kicking around somewhere, so I really don't think Del Grant - who is actually a canon character, played by the original actor - should be up for the chop. At least, I really hope not.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Lorna
Well now, I think you have your answer TT!! I have voted no of course!
AngryAngryAngry

trevor travis
But this is B7. EVERYBODY dies Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm never in favour of killing (or recasting) recurring characters, because its always great to see them come back in later episodes. Del Grant is such a good character, and Tom Chadbon such a super actor, that I would want the option left open for a return; the idea of writing him into s4 as one of Avon's contacts once he takes on leadership of the rebellion (take note on that point of series chronology please BF) would imo work especially well...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

But this is B7. EVERYBODY dies :D :D

"Sooner or later, everyone does that, Vila."

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

But this is B7. EVERYBODY dies Grin Grin

Paul D will tell you that technically, Avon is still alive at the end of the series.

And Sally will Tell you that Jenna is still out there somewhere.

Then there is Inga, Cauder & co, Ro, Carnell, Servalan, Blake Clone and Rashel (unless Blake Clone was in EP 52), Bek, The Helots, and so on.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:
Paul D will tell you that technically, Avon is still alive at the end of the series.

Technically yes. He's alive when the credits start to roll, and dead around 5 seconds afterwards.

JustBrad wrote:
And Sally will Tell you that Jenna is still out there somewhere.

Gareth delivers that line with quite a lot of bitterness - I believe Blake genuinely believes Jenna is an ex-smuggler. He even banged on the table a couple of times to check.

JustBrad wrote:
Then there is Inga, Cauder & co, Ro, Carnell, Servalan, Blake Clone and Rashel (unless Blake Clone was in EP 52), Bek, The Helots, and so on.

Simply because we don't see them on screen again.

But actually Inga had a tragic accident with a polystyrene rock, Ro was hit by a stray poisoned dart, Carnell choked on his own smugness, and The Helots were wiped out by a Federation counter-attack.

In any case, I was talking more Liberator/Scorpio crew members, something Grant is now one of. The survival prospects are about the same as a turkey just before Christmas. Pfft Pfft

paulm
I hope he survives. I have really enjoyed the character he fits in really well and is strong enough to have his own set of stories. The Del grant chronicles? Alas i expect he will be killed off in this series c full cast adventure series

49ermadfan
Personally I don't see how they can kill him off at the end of the series C full cast audios. He appears in PD's Lucifer: Revelation book. If they kill him off then they are treating Paul's books as non-canon - maybe a good thing, maybe not depending on your viewpoint of the books.

trevor travis
paulm wrote:

I hope he survives. I have really enjoyed the character he fits in really well and is strong enough to have his own set of stories. The Del grant chronicles? Alas i expect he will be killed off in this series c full cast adventure series

Oh lord, don't give Paula ideas Grin Grin Pfft

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm definitely in favour of a series or two of those Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

paulm wrote:

Oh lord, don't give Paula ideas Grin Grin Pfft

The idea has already been pitched!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.11 seconds
9,141,892 unique visits since 8th January 2014