Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Albert Rewatch - Gan's 'Big' Episode
trevor travis
The episode: Albert Ten - Breakdown
The date: Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
The time: 7.45pm UK time

Yay, an episode all about our favourite 'Gentle Giant' / 'Psychopathic Serial Killer' (delete as appropriate) at last!!!!

I wonder how they'll do it:

1. Ming The Merciless Threatens The Earth with a few thunderstorms (pretty much like Oxfordshire this August, then). Only one man stands in his way: Gan, Savour Of The Universe!
2. Who can foil the plans of Goldfinger to break into Fort Knox? Gan. Olag Gan.
3. George Bailey has spent his entire life giving of himself to the people of Bedford Falls. He has always longed to travel but never had the opportunity in order to prevent rich skinflint Mr. Potter from taking over the entire town. All that prevents him from doing so is George's modest building and loan company, which was founded by his generous father. But on Christmas Eve, George's Uncle Billy loses the business's $8,000 while intending to deposit it in the bank. Potter finds the misplaced money and hides it from Billy. When the bank examiner discovers the shortage later that night, George realizes that he will be held responsible and sent to jail and the company will collapse, finally allowing Potter to take over the town. Thinking of his wife, their young children, and others he loves will be better off with him dead, he contemplates suicide. But the prayers of his loved ones result in a gentle angel named Olag Gan coming to earth to help George, with the promise of earning his wings. He shows George what things would have been like if he had never been born. In a nightmarish vision in which the Potter-controlled town is sunk in sex and sin, those George loves are either dead, ruined, or miserable. He realises that he has touched many people in a positive way and that his life has truly been a wonderful one.
4. Gan goes bananas due to the limiter in his head, spends nearly the whole episode asleep and only gets nine... yes nine... lines.

JustBrad
No one plays unconscious better than David Jackson.

briggsy1
The weakest S1 episode for me. Terry nation was definitely running out of steam by this stage.

BradPaula
Oh, TT you are the funny one! I loved the 'It's a Wonderful Blake's 7 Life' reference!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
This episode is all about the show stealing performance by the amazing Julian Glover, which alone makes this an excellent story!

Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

littlesue
I have to agree, Mr Isla Blair is brilliant in this episode.
And Mr D has memories of filming this one, in that when he was being thrown about the computer room...the scenery was being held up by some very sturdy stage hands and it didn't budge when he hit it!
Grandson was quite taken aback when poor old Farren was on the receiving end of that telephone handset!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
Julian Glover? Mr D? Pah... this is Gan's big episode, no-one else's Wink Grin

I'm still hoping it's No 3 Grin

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

I'm still hoping it's No 3 :D

Is that the one where Anna Grant draws a picture of Kerr Bailey lassoing the moon? And has that wonderful scene with the run on the bank?

"No, but you...you...you're thinking of this place all wrong, as if I had the money back in a safe. The, the money's not here. Your money's in a spaceship pretending to carry fruit."

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:
Is that the one where Anna Grant draws a picture of Kerr Bailey lassoing the moon? And has that wonderful scene with the run on the bank?

"No, but you...you...you're thinking of this place all wrong, as if I had the money back in a safe. The, the money's not here. Your money's in a spaceship pretending to carry fruit."

That's the one!

Although I think it would be Roj Bailey, rather than Kerr Bailey, as the essentially decent bloke driven out of his mind. Wink

It would be Kerr Potter Grin Grin

trevor travis
IT’S A WONDERFUL DEATH

Starring:

Gareth Thomas… Roj Bailey
Judy Buxton… Inga Hatch
Paul Darrow… Kerr Potter
Michael Keating… Old Man Mr. V. Gower The Drunk
Sally Knyvette… Jenna Bick (who has the hots for Roj Bailey, but always finds herself second in his affections)
John Abineri… Roj's Uncle Hubert*
David Jackson… Gentle Angel Olag Gan (only given 9 lines in the whole movie)

*since Hubert is more much like Uncle Billy than Ushton
Edited by trevor travis on 14 November 2014 10:22:55

trevor travis
Is anyone up for an "It's A Wonderful Life" rewatch over Christmas?

Joe Dredd
You know, I could quite possibly be up for that, depending on when and what our Christmas plans turn out to be. Though I suspect I would become too engrossed to say much on the forum!

"Hee haw!"

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Is anyone up for an "It's A Wonderful Life" rewatch over Christmas?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. It's been literally played to death on this side of the pond and has become the subject of parody and satire.

trevor travis
Brad, but it's the best film ever... it's impossible to watch it too many times.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Never seen it. Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis

SD, if you order It's A Wonderful Life, I'll order new series Survivors Wink

Travisina

Neither have I...
Mind you, I only saw 'Casablanca' for the first time a year or two ago.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
I have to admit never having watched "Casablanca" all the way through.

But "It's A Wonderful Life".... well it's just brilliant. It's the most life-affirming film, while taking you to hell and back at the same time.

Plus often-ripped off... e.g. the DW episode "Turn Left", the Buffy-episode "The Wish", the very final episode of Dallas, the film "Sliding Doors", etc.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Brad, but it's the best film ever... it's impossible to watch it too many times.

You and Dave Lister seem to have that opinion. Me, I cannot stomach it.

Lister's right about most things Wink

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

You and Dave Lister seem to have that opinion. Me, I cannot stomach it.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,170,945 unique visits since 8th January 2014