Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blakes 7 videos
rubra
Complete set of Blake seven videos to be dipsosed off, anyone want them?

trevor travis
rubra wrote:

Got my own set (never had the heart to throw them away after upgrading to the DVDs). Would you like to buy mine? Wink

I think everyone has a spare set of the videos somewhere....
Edited by trevor travis on 12 November 2014 15:44:55

littlesue
rubra wrote:

Depends where you live, but I can give them a home rather than see them go into a landfill site!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

briggsy1
I've still got my videotapes. Sadly they're worn out through too many rewatches - and start make an excruciating high pitched squeaking noise after a few minutes playback. Sounds like a mouse is trapped in the machinery.

meegat39
Rubra, I will take them off your hands if you live nearby? I'm in Bristol...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

rojkerr1
still got them - always wanted artwork off one of the covers

Joe Dredd
Any one in particular?

rojkerr1
any! think they all have a certain charm? Rumours very good, and Voice from the Past (jenna) - think Horizon had a few in the days of the paper newsletters but they were all auctioned off. Artist Barry Jones? Maybe we could have a poll on fave vid cover from the series?. I have cover artwork from Survivors videos and doomwatch, and some Who sketches for the video covers, but always loved the Blake ones, much nicer than photo covers,

rojkerr1
Joe Dredd, which ones do you like?

Joe Dredd
I think the "Rumours of Death" cover was the best of the lot, though Servalan's face is perhaps obscured a little too much by the embryos. I'm partial to the cover for "Countdown" too, perhaps because it has Liberator in a space battle and a good likeness of Provine. The "Assassin" one is not bad, though it doesn't have anything in the background to unify the individual images and the spider takes up too much room. The likeness of Avon isn't bad; they should've made it a bigger part of the cover.

It was good of the BBC to commission new art for the video tape releases, rather than just use photos. I think Barry Jones (for it was he) did a good job but wasn't up to the standard of art we used to see from Who artists such as Alistair Pearson. Many of the characters looked inexplicably cross (such as Tarrant & Cally on the cover of "Moloch") and it took me a long time to realise that the man on the front cover of "Bounty" was Avon! I was also mystified why Moloch and the Thaarn were shown on the covers of "Moloch" and "Dawn of the Gods" as the episodes themselves try to keep their appearances as a surprise for the ends of the episodes. I liked that the artist worked all the main characters into the covers, even Zen and Orac, though I recall Slave missed out?

Mostly I like parts of the covers, e.g. Zen on the "Deathwatch" cover and Scorpio on "Power". I think my least favourite cover would be the "Gold"/"Orbit" tape as all the likenesses are a bit off so there is no single part that redeems it for me.

rojkerr1
My friend Pete Wallbank is a better artist, his Blake pics are stunning

rojkerr1
like the Web cover, for the entangled liberator, got my Duel cover signed too - another reason to keep them! I just wanted a cover cos I've got ones from other shows, and would like one from Blake, get one eventually. tho I do have the Logic of Empire cover which counts i suppose!

GoldChannel
they released these twice didn't they? The latter set with rectangular-cropped photo covers?

I remember having the 'HMV Exclusive' box set that had, i think, the first two tapes of that second set but i somehow lost interest... no fault of B7's just other things going on in my heady post-college days!

GoldChannel
speaking of which, i did an eBay search for old B7 videos earlier in the year, and kept finding pages clipped or torn out of old issues of SFX and the like, selling as 'Blake's 7 videos - vintage advert' ...... weeeeeeird!!

Joe Dredd
GoldChannel wrote:

they released these twice didn't they? The latter set with rectangular-cropped photo covers?

You're right, GC. I think the photo cover ones were released by Fabulous Films?

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:

My friend Pete Wallbank is a better artist, his Blake pics are stunning

Yes, Pete did all the fantastic covers for "Travis: The Final Act", "The Mark of Kane" and "Logic of Empire". I have some posters of his from DWB, I think (maybe TV Zone too?). A very talented man.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.36 seconds
9,915,646 unique visits since 8th January 2014