Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Dr Who: Snakedance
trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The Doctor wishes he still had the sonic! Never mind, RTD will give it back to him... Oops Grin

Er, wasn't it Philip Segal, or are you admitting the TV movie is not cannon Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

No sonic screwdriver - hooray!!! Wink

Its a shame imo it was dropped, even if it was over used - its one of the great popular icons of the show along with the Tardis and the Daleks; glad we have it back now.

Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Nyssa's way of saving the Doctor is to get locked up alongside him... useless companion Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Er, wasn't it Philip Segal, or are you admitting the TV movie is not cannon Grin

Which scene did he use the sonic in? I don't remember it - great episode though.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
The TV movie is cannon only because it held the McCoy regeneration sequence into the wonderful Paul McGann. The rest is rubbish.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Nyssa's way of saving the Doctor is to get locked up alongside him... useless companion Grin

Leads to some good two hander scenes between Peter and Sarah though, but she is useless.

BradPaula
I love the sonic too, but it was and is used too much and for too many easy resolutions.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Which scene did he use the sonic in? I don't remember it - great episode though.

If it was that great, you'd remember how the Doctor uses it Wink

(Hint: it's used early on).

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

I love the sonic too, but it was and is used too much and for too many easy resolutions.

Fortunately, the screwdriver has been used a little less in PC's first season.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Something I like here is that the plot is not overcrowded with dominant characters by having the Federator as well as Ambrill and The Doctor - instead we have his family and imo it works well.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 12 November 2014 21:33:39

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Not really, that's not the sort of thing I look for; I'm more interested in the Doctor/Grace romance and the generally grand scale of the location filming - both of which are real strong points of the story. There was lots of stuff todo with the fantasy tech and timey-wimey nonsense that I don't pay as much attention to...

trevor travis
Someone turn down the lighting in the corridor scenes.... a major fault of 80s stories.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Not a bad episode ending - in fact all three are okay, but ep. 1 is still my favourite Grin

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Not really, that's not the sort of thing I look for; I'm more interested in the Doctor/Grace romance and the generally grand scale of the location filming - both of which are real strong points of the story. There was lots of stuff todo with the fantasy tech and timey-wimey nonsense that I don't pay as much attention to...

But how do you think the Doctor locks the box containing the Master Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Someone turn down the lighting in the corridor scenes.... a major fault of 80s stories.

No, I think it really works here; its supposed to be a light, colourful paradise behind which darkness lurks.

BradPaula
Batman!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

But how do you think the Doctor locks the box containing the Master Wink

String maybe? Its really not the sort of detail I notice. Thanks for explaining the reference though!

trevor travis
Crap snake alert!!! (One thing this story DOES share with Kinda Grin )

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Crap snake alert!!! (One thing this story DOES share with Kinda Grin )

Its almost presented as a clever in-joke, but I'm not sure it was intentional... Oops

BradPaula
Martin looks a complete pratt.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,172,221 unique visits since 8th January 2014