Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Dr Who: Snakedance
Spaceship Dispatcher
Rewatch - Doctor Who: Snakedance - Wednesday the 12th of November 2014 @ 7.45pm UK time

Starring Peter Davison, John Carson, Janet Fielding and Sarah Sutton with Martin Clunes and Collete O'Neil

All are welcome to join Paula, Trevor Travis and myself for this classic 1980s Doctor Who serial Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
[url=http://www.blakes7online.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=713&pid=27391#post_27391][b]Spaceship Dispatcher classic 1980s Doctor Who serial

Er, that's stretching the definition just a little bit Grin Grin

I will give the story a chance, and try not to treat it as Kinda's dull little brother Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

...classic 1980s Doctor Who serial

Er, that's stretching the definition just a little bit Grin Grin

Not really, its one of the very best stories of the decade! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

[quote]trevor travis wrote:
Not really, its one of the very best stories of the decade! Grin

In your opinion Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

...Kinda's dull little brother Wink

Also, in your opinion Grin

BradPaula
Dug out the old video tape and blew the dust off of Snakedance. On the same tape is Arc of Infinity. Anyone up for that story?
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

On the same tape is Arc of Infinity. Anyone up for that story?

Not a favourite of mine (understatement) but we can fit that one in soon if you like. Happy

Gauda Cheese
I like Snakedance a lot. Kinda though is the best story of the 80's. I'm serious.

It's a top fiver for me. Oops

Clunes still gets hell about this right? well gotta start somewhere. Wish I could join you but alas it'd probably be very early morning for me.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis

BradPaula wrote:

On the same tape is Arc of Infinity. Anyone up for that story?

Not a favourite of mine (understatement) but we can fit that one in soon if you like. Happy

I really liked Arc Of Infinity on its original transmission, as it was my first Galifrey story. It hasn't aged too well with me, though.

Wouldn't mind this being slotted in at some point, maybe after SD and I have watched Horns (yay!!!) and Leisure Hive (booo!!!!).

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

I like Snakedance a lot. Kinda though is the best story of the 80's. I'm serious.

It's a top fiver for me. Oops

Clunes still gets hell about this right? well gotta start somewhere. Wish I could join you but alas it'd probably be very early morning for me.

Kinda is rather wonderful. It's so well-written and directed, and also one of the most scary stories (especially Tegan's nightmare sequences).

Not keen on Snakedacne, but I'll give it a chance.

trevor travis
Right, Arc Of Infinity wasn't it Grin Grin Grin

BradPaula
We can always rewatch Mysterious Planet with that rather dishy blond actor in it instead.....

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

We can always rewatch Mysterious Planet with that rather dishy blond actor in it instead.....

Oh blimey, that's awful, let's stick to Snakedance Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Looking forward to this rewatch! Snakedance is definitely one of my top five favourite Davison stories along with The Five Doctors, Frontios, Resurrection and Caves - although Enlightenment is not far behind...

trevor travis
Paula, the other day when you said that TC had only been in good stuff, I nearly pointed out The Mysterious Planet as the exception to the rule...

trevor travis

Looking forward to this rewatch! Snakedance is definitely one of my top five favourite Davison stories along with The Five Doctors, Frontios, Resurrection and Caves - although Enlightenment is not far behind...

And Kinda Grin Grin

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Paula, the other day when you said that TC had only been in good stuff, I nearly pointed out The Mysterious Planet as the exception to the rule...

I don't think Mysterious Planet is so bad, but the robot at the end is laughable. Way too big! But I liked the story of the planet being Earth. And the underground, etc.

trevor travis
My top five Davisons:

1. Caves
2. Earthshock
3. Resurrection
4. Kinda
5. Five Doctors

Honouray mentions to Mawdryn, Enlightenment, Castorvalva, visitation, Awakening and Frontios.

Spaceship Dispatcher

Almost but not quite my least favourite story in the show, old or new series, ever. Angry

Grin

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I don't think Mysterious Planet is so bad, but the robot at the end is laughable. Way too big! But I liked the story of the planet being Earth. And the underground, etc.

It's all that cutting back to the court room... it undermines the story on Ravalox.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.63 seconds
9,170,948 unique visits since 8th January 2014