Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
2.2 Fortuitas *spoilers*
meegat39
Joe Dredd wrote:
as does taking Orac into danger and leaving it with an unknown third party.

Totally agree Joe. When I got to that part of the story my reaction was noooo!!! They would NEVER do that, way too stupid.

Your assessment of the story being dull and off kilter is spot on. I would add in predictable as well, not so much the plot as the script.

Brad, I agree that Grant's presence has become routine. It's as though the writers don't know what to do with his character. I suppose there's not that much to work with, given his limited screen time before.

dinalt
I enjoyed the premise of Fortuitas - but like others have said, some parts of the script didn't ring true.

A shame, as with a little tightening, and more use of Cally and Vila, this could have been one of the best full cast adventures.

Have to say I'm enjoying Del Grants character, but it would be good to see his Mercenary background exploited more.
While the ORAC/Grant fight was amusing, I think Grant would have been more than capable of taking down 2 assailants (who were probably civilians rather than trained soldiers).

JustBrad
dinalt wrote:

I enjoyed the premise of Fortuitas - but like others have said, some parts of the script didn't ring true.

A shame, as with a little tightening, and more use of Cally and Vila, this could have been one of the best full cast adventures.

Have to say I'm enjoying Del Grants character, but it would be good to see his Mercenary background exploited more.
While the ORAC/Grant fight was amusing, I think Grant would have been more than capable of taking down 2 assailants (who were probably civilians rather than trained soldiers).

I'll forgive the fight scene just for the comic value. Other than that, I am concerned that Grant is floating dangerously away from 'Special Guest Star' to 'Another Crew Member Taking Orders From Avon.'

If that happens, he is no longer Del Grant.

BradPaula
After Ghost Ship, Devil's Advocate and Truth and Lies, to come out in the next few months, I don't think we'll have to worry much about Del Grant not being used effectively. He'll be gone and Big Finish can get back to the crew as we know it. But if they kill him off.... well, they're going to hear about it I can tell you that.

For the whole, though, I think they've portrayed the character well with the exception of him asking for help from Avon when tussling with guards, etc. Grant is a trained soldier, a mercenary, and as such he does not need help in those matters. That seems to be my only niggle using the character. But if you ask me, the team of Scott and Wright got the character as intended originally.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Lentila
I'm really liking Del Grant as a member of the crew. Surprisingly, the character adds a touch of warmth to the line-up. And I presume he's being held on the back-burner to a certain extent until some major drama to come. Doesn't Vila say in one of the Chronicles that he forsees some explosion between Avon and Grant?

I would also like to hear more about Grant's mercenary past. The detail in Secrets was really interesting. And I definitely want Grant to survive this sequence - very useful character - far too good to kill off.

Joe Dredd
dinalt wrote:

I think Grant would have been more than capable of taking down 2 assailants

Definitely. Having Orac intervene made it seem Grant was actually responding slower than he would need to in a fight. Every time Orac advised a move, I felt Grant would already be halfway through his own instinctive action.

I know that the writer was trying to find a way to tell us what was going on since we couldn't see it, but it was out of character for Orac and denigrated Grant's abilities.

BradPaula
I'm much relieved they got the character of Grant 'right'. At least to my way of thinking. He certainly is a rough and ready guy, in a harsh and unforgiving business, he's good at what he does, but he also has a soft side and a good heart. You can't ask for more than that in my opinion. And yes, I'd love to hear more back story about Grant, at least another version than the one my husband and I have built up in the last 25 years! Believe me, he's a member of the family now for us.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Well, I really enjoyed this one! I'm not sure why, but to me this one felt more like Blake's 7 the television series than any previous full cast audio. The political thriller on a human occupied alien world, with the crew becoming involved in order to pursue their own agenda, fits what I expect story wise. This also ticked an unexpected box by being quite Avengers-like too! Tracking down a diabolical mastermind with a slightly daft faux-scientific machine and an even dafter Masterplan (with a capital M), political meetings with sinister henchmen, a surreal investigation, and a neat mix between darker ideas and comical set pieces. All the main characters sounded right and the rapport was well recreated. Nice.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.69 seconds
9,176,296 unique visits since 8th January 2014