Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 4
Lurena, BradPaula, littlesue, Ellen York

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
2.2 Fortuitas *spoilers*
Joe Dredd
Here's the cover to Fortuitas. It's not showing on the BF website yet, but I'm sure they'll put it up soon.

Those blobby men look like the cousins of the Decimas!

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Fortuitas_zpsc2481f49.jpg
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 16 May 2015 16:53:49

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Here's the cover to Fortuitas. It's not showing on the BF website yet, but I'm sure they'll put it up soon.

Where did you get that from, Joe?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

clareblues1
I don't know Travisina...but I like! Grin
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

Amazon UK: Click!

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Amazon UK: Click!

Ha. How about that. I wonder why they got it first?

Space Chopper
They look like Axxons from Dr Who! Looks interesting indeed...
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Joe Dredd
The city(?) in the background looks like one of those puzzles where you have to guide a hoop from one end of a wire to another without touching it.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

The city(?) in the background looks like one of those puzzles where you have to guide a hoop from one end of a wire to another without touching it.

There was an episode of the Avengers where Diana Rigg had to do that on a kind of assault course (? hazy memory) and if the hoop touched the wire she'd be electrocuted. That's all I remember from that particular ep, apart from thinking when she entered wearing a catsuit, 'Oh, this is going to be an action scene!'

President Solvite
Upon first glance I thought the new title is a typo and the episode is all about Tortillas or Fajitas, and about how the Liberator crew bump into some Fed's in their local Nandos establishment. Which is called Burito-Bar Galactica.

Tarrant takes on the Federation Captain on a chilli eating competition.
Vila in the meantime pinches Tarrants vital glass of beer....

Hmm perhaps one to think about eh? BF Pfft
Edited by President Solvite on 08 November 2014 10:57:04

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

There was an episode of the Avengers where Diana Rigg had to do that on a kind of assault course (? hazy memory) and if the hoop touched the wire she'd be electrocuted. That's all I remember from that particular ep, apart from thinking when she entered wearing a catsuit, 'Oh, this is going to be an action scene!'

Episode of the Avengers = The Danger Makers.

Mrs Peel passes the test, and later the diabolical mastermind is hoist on his own petard, when Mrs Peel (yes, in appropriate action wear!!) jumps onto the see-saw and the bad guy is propelled through the air onto the giant hoop and electrocuted.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Episode of the Avengers = The Danger Makers.

Mrs Peel passes the test, and later the diabolical mastermind is hoist on his own petard, when Mrs Peel (yes, in appropriate action wear!!) jumps onto the see-saw and the bad guy is propelled through the air onto the giant hoop and electrocuted.

I had a feeling you'd know the answer to that, TT Wink

And it turns out we've actually got that DVD - it's in the 1966 box set - so remind me when you come to rewatch and I'll join you!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

And it turns out we've actually got that DVD - it's in the 1966 box set - so remind me when you come to rewatch and I'll join you!

We've already rewatched all the Mrs Peel episodes and moved on to Tara King, but I also promised TT we would go back over some of them; so drop me or TT a list of what's in your collection and we'll plan a rerewatch with you!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Gauda Cheese
Joe Dredd wrote:

Those blobby men look like the cousins of the Decimas!

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Fortuitas_zpsc2481f49.jpg

How Fortuitas that the Decima's return?
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Travisina
Fortuitas was released today!

MockingbirdGirl
But the end of the Audiobook version is screwed up (and won't be re-uploaded until Tuesday), and the extras were left off of the CD. Sad

Steve Rogerson
Here is my review of Fortuitas:

http://wizzley.co...ig-finish/

meegat39
I've just listened to Fortuitas. I'm not a big fan of it.

The writing seems weak and some of the lines don't fit, for instance at one point Avon says he has a sinking feeling - not really the kind of thing he would be likely to say. I was also very disappointed by how Vila and Cally were underused in this story and there was hardly any humour in it. I thought the script was weak and predictable. I'm glad I didn't shell out for this as a stand alone audio, since buying them individually really mounts up. I went for the full cast story arc bundle which makes it more affordable. We also had issues with the disc not playing correctly, which resulted in us unwittingly listening to the middle half before the beginning.

Sorry if this is all negative, I would say it is fairly enjoyable, but certainly not an essential purchase.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Joe Dredd
I don't think that's negative, Meegat. If you don't think something's quite right for some reason you should be able to say so.

I'm listening to this now. Avon's gone to a UKIP meeting and there's hints of soylent green with a waxy build-up.

JustBrad
Spoiler Free comments.

The plot twist at the end caught me completely by surprise, and I'm embarrassed by that as this trope has become fairly standard these days. As Steve says in his review, it's both a political story and a mystery.

Not the best of the full cast adventures, but I enjoyed it.

As much as I love the character (Del Grant shows up in almost all my fanfic), his constant presence is becoming mundane, rather than special. Since we can't get the rights to the Douglass Adams DW story, City of Death, maybe when this arc is finished, it's time for Grant to move on in his own adventures as a ham fisted Galactic detective.

Joe Dredd
I'm finding this dull and off-kilter.

"Why would they want to kidnap lots of people in the prime of life, Avon?"
"I've no idea."

Oh, come on Avon - organ legging/body spare parts surgery(*), a soylent green scenario, mutoid modification by a secret Federation force building up a hidden army reserve, rebel-equivalent mutoid modification(**), to turn into a bunch of wax works dummies at the local equivalent of Madam Tussauds.... There's also the missing wife who is averse to her son on what could be called 'purity' grounds, in light of the nature of Fortuitas.

Zen referring to Avon just as Avon (rather than something more removed like "Kerr Avon" or "the one called..") seems out of character, as does taking Orac into danger and leaving it with an unknown third party.

Zen operating the teleport?

This wax that shuts Tarrant up. Do you think Avon can take some to use on him in other episodes? Just kidding Clare & Thetis!!!!!

* They're going to find Tarrant in a bathful of ice. They'll get him back to Liberator and Avon will get him something to eat from the auto-galley. A plate of kidneys.
** Imagine if a suitably fanatical rebel group were grabbing people to make their own mutoids to use against the Federation.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,099,767 unique visits since 8th January 2014