Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (fanfic)
Spaceship Dispatcher
The first two chapters of my new short story Blake's 7: Trojan Horse are now online. Each chapter tells a part of the story from the view of a different character: chapter one followed Vila, chapter two follows Tarrant, and chapters three and four will follow Soolin and Avon respectively. The story is set somewhere around the mid-point of season 4. The two completed chapters of the story, approximately 3000 and 2400 words each, can be read on my fanfic site. Just click on the link in my forum signature, but please remember they are written as a hobby and not with the intention of gaining kudos in the fanfic community so please don't tear into them too much...

SD Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

meegat39
SD I've now read the first two parts of your B7 story -thanks for sending me the documents, I was able to increase the font size which made it much easier to read!

I think you captured the characters very well. The stories were entertaining - littlest Mini-Meegat particularly loved the part about the wallets! (He is home ill today). He laughed a lot. I'm looking forward to the next part. Two comments, the first is that I'm surprised you chose to write about S4 Blake's 7, as I thought you preferred the first three seasons. Secondly, I'm not convinced Tarrant would kill as easily as he does in your story. Apart from that, I thought the stories were very good. Bring on the next one!!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

BradPaula
SD, I've read your Blake's 7 story so far and am enjoying it very much. Cannot wait for you to finish the next part! -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks Zoe and Paula, I'm hoping to write the next chapter later this month Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

littlesue
I've just sat here at the old computer enjoying a good read and dunking my biscuit in my tea......Can't wait to read the next chapters!!Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Spaceship Dispatcher
The greatest challenge is going to be chapter four - not only does it conclude my little tale but will focus on Avon, bringing extra pressure to get the character right! That's the main reason why I didn't write an s1/2 story meegat, as I haven't got Blake's motivations and feelings straight in my head yet but would want to include him. Not sure now what made me choose s4 over s3, being able to write for Soolin I think.

meegat39
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The greatest challenge is going to be chapter four - not only does it conclude my little tale but will focus on Avon, bringing extra pressure to get the character right! That's the main reason why I didn't write an s1/2 story meegat, as I haven't got Blake's motivations and feelings straight in my head yet but would want to include him. Not sure now what made me choose s4 over s3, being able to write for Soolin I think.

Well I thought she might have something to do with it!! Wink No, seriously, I actually thought you'd chosen S4 because you liked the idea of Avon (your favourite character) being the leader. But then again, you could have just as easily chosen S3 ... so back to Soolin again!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Chapter 3 of my Blake's 7 fanfic Trojan Horse is now online, on my fanfic site The Velvet Web (see link below). It features Soolin as the leading character and includes a shower scene specially for Trevor Travis, and also a passing thought for Soolin after she accidentally drops an innuendo on the flight deck that will make the Avonphiles choke on their tea Grin but mostly I hope its a good adventure to follow on from chapter two.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Finished at last! My Blake's 7 fanfic is now complete, with chapter 4 posted on The Velvet Web (link below) last night. The final chapter has Avon as the central character, and it was certainly a challenge to do justice to such a complex and highly appreciated character; so I'm hoping that I succeeded and that fans of B7 fanfic and of Avon inparticular will enjoy my little effort.

SD Happy

Sopron
Had a quick read through Ch. 4 (I was supposed to be working) and loved it! This line caught my eye:

"he could hear the notes of a song called Distant Star, sung by a Trevor... something or other and popular on Earth some years previously"

and I snorked, much to the confusion of my colleague, who thought I was reading work-related emails...

Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Sopron wrote:

and I snorked, much to the confusion of my colleague, who thought I was reading work-related emails...

Grin

haha Happy

meegat39
I've just read Spaceship Dispatcher's Part three and four of his B7 fan fic. I really enjoyed it! Alex, I think you captured Avon's character and motivations perfectly and I loved the interplay between him, Vila and Tarrant. I also really enjoyed the plot and the twist at the end. Lovely writing!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thank you meegat, glad you enjoyed it so much Grin

meegat39 wrote:

Alex, I think you captured Avon's character and motivations perfectly...

Praise indeed from an Avon aficionado such as yourself Happy

Lurena
Hi SD, Now I finally had the time to write a properly “thank you” for your Trojan Horse bundle.

I much enjoyed your story, well written and a great concept to have it separately told from the point of view by each character involved.

I like your descriptions of the locations, sets and personages setting. They give me vivid illustrations. And there is a plot that put me happy because I suspected something after mentioning technology had moved on and something about cells.

The story shows that you have been studying our beloved characters very well.

The scientific items are believable and you are not afraid of introducing tools and tricks. Being a bit of a geek I love that!

I do recognise the tone of Blake’s 7 and in spite of it being a S4 story, I was pleasantly surprised to find the humour from the early series.

Here are a few things I’d like to highlight ( I’m sure I forget some):

Part Vila:
I love to see Vila at work with great knowledge and the pick-pocket interaction is hugely entertaining.
And the awkward him getting company of the glamorous pretty girl does work so well.
“And why are we whispering? Is it... dishonest?” is such a good line for Vila in that situation, it made me smile and nod in agreement about your view on the character.
That line gets its reprise in : “well... we do need somewhere to count this” , still describing a tensed Vila.

Part Tarrant:
Tarrant gets a paced action story, which suits the character well.
Writing for Tarrant makes you aware of how difficult it must have been for Steven Pacey to fill in the role in other scenes than sparring and bickering with Avon, don’t you think?
And yes, I can see, if needed, he will be killing without any remorse much more than Avon. That was already shown at their first meet.
Perhaps I have forgotten but : Does a teleport bracelet show if it is out of signal range?

Part Soolin:
Ah, you created a drool moment for the gentlemen amongst your readers!
But soon you turn that start scene into character, just in time before I start to shake my head in disbelieve about an antiquated shower on board the space ship.
“Okay...” said Soolin with a sigh, glad that the lecture on logic was over.- I can see her facial expression here!

Part Avon:
Starts with a rare insight in Avon’s calculating thoughts. Who doesn’t want to know what he may be thinking?
I like your en passant reference to the Distant Star by Trevor!
Priceless is the characteristic answer Orac gives about the fuel. This kind of action reminds me of Orac actually being my first favourite character of the show. ( one can argue that Avon is my favourite, but for me there is difference between first favourite and crush favourite * )
Favourite line: “Just make sure you don’t get us all killed and we’ll stick with you.”
………….
So thank you SD for sharing your story, I hope it will get many reads!
………..
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
Thank you so much Lurena, such a wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed it and connected with my interpretation of the characters. You're right in that s4 is quite different in tone to s1-3 and I did find myself turning to the earlier series for character insight and that magical Blake's 7 humour while trying to make the adventure and the action scenes fit s4. I'm not sure what readouts there are on a teleport bracelet, but characters sometimes talk into it and say the ship might be out of range when they don't get a reply; but whether that's a lack of info on the bracelet or characters not thinking to look at it under pressure I'm never quite sure! When I write another B7 fic it might be an s1 or s2 Avon story, not sure at the moment...

Spaceship Dispatcher
With a new story on the way later this month, I'm seperating the comments about my previous (and first) effort at writing for Blake's 7 onto a seperate thread from with the generic Fanfic Writers' Thread; this one told each chapter from the POV of a different character and pushed the characterisation of Tarrant more towards his darker side, but at the same time was maybe not quite right for Avon because I prefer his s1/2/3 character to the 'losing the plot' direction of s4...

A note to any other members who write their own stories - please feel free to create a thread to discuss each new story!

Silver Alaunt
Just found your site and read the story. I enjoyed it very much, I agree with others about the separate chapters for each character, filling their character out and making them more interesting.

I liked seeing into their thoughts and actions, doing normal things as well as fighting the Federation. Avon is my favourite and I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Silver Alaunt wrote:

Just found your site and read the story. I enjoyed it very much, I agree with others about the separate chapters for each character, filling their character out and making them more interesting.

I liked seeing into their thoughts and actions, doing normal things as well as fighting the Federation. Avon is my favourite and I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Thank you so much, Silver Alaunt! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it, and hope you enjoy any of the other works on my little site you decide to tackle too Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,861,330 unique visits since 8th January 2014