Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Albert rewatch - Duel
RB
Great rewatch everybody. ..see ya all next week..

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

Just reminds me of being at the cinema...and not the children's shows either!!!!
Ah, a nice drink of orange kia-ora, in a plastic cup thingy and a tub of ice cream with a wooden stick (that cost 2 shillings and sixpence back then) Pearl and Dean adverts, a B feature...and you could stay for as long as you like!!!
Those were the days.........................

Do you remember when films (together with their adverts, trailers and B movie) were on a continuous loop? You could come in at any point during the film, and watch through everything until you caught up. One got used to seeing the second part of a film before the first - hence the expression: 'This is where I came in'. Was an ice cream really 2/6? I thought they were 1/- or even 6d. Half a crown seems a bit expensive...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Just reminds me of being at the cinema...and not the children's shows either!!!!
Ah, a nice drink of orange kia-ora, in a plastic cup thingy and a tub of ice cream with a wooden stick (that cost 2 shillings and sixpence back then) Pearl and Dean adverts, a B feature...and you could stay for as long as you like!!!
Those were the days.........................

Do you remember when films (together with their adverts, trailers and B movie) were on a continuous loop? You could come in at any point during the film, and watch through everything until you caught up. One got used to seeing the second part of a film before the first - hence the expression: 'This is where I came in'. Was an ice cream really 2/6? I thought they were 1/- or even 6d. Half a crown seems a bit expensive...

I just seem to have 2/6 in my head (like 6/3 for my first 45rpm. It was Help! BTW. Nearly wore the needle on my Dansette out!!!)
I think dad may have given me and my sister 2/6 between us. Anyway, THE best time ever at the ABC in Southampton was Silent Running (B feature) and American Graffiti!!
I think I went in from the very first house and stayed in for an absolute age!
What annoys me now about going to the pictures is that people keep getting up, walking out, then coming back in. Doesn't anyone sit through films anymore?
And the very last show? Everybody trying to charge up the aisle before the National Anthem started. When it did, everyone stopped and stood very still.
The biggest audience? At the Gaumont in the mid 60's. Queue round the block for the Man from Uncle film. Goodness knows how many packed into that place, but it was full..standing room only. To see Napoleon and Illya in full living colour. Not only did they have the ladies walking up the aisles with their trays, at half time, but they also had kiosks open down the front and outside as well!!

If I remember correctly, the only flavour in those very small tubs was vanilla.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
IIRC, it was 10 new pence for the children's matinee. it was some kind of Kid's club the Odeon n locally.

You got several cartoons, a movie, some music while they handed out the drinks and ice-cream( whch ws part of the admision) and then another newer movie. If you went for more than 8 week between Septmber and the start of Decmber, you got a Cadbury's selection box the Saturday before Christmas.

Oh....and I lot my Twinkle Ladybird ring in the toilet one time I went. My paents had to buy me anther copy og the comic so they could replace the ring.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks for your well wishes everyone Happy

Yes TT, started at 0430 this morning and already been told by three people that I should still be at home but I don't go sick very often; not unless I really can't stand.

@ Brad - Amy Pond tied to a tree by Travis would definately make this my favourite episode (RL impossibility aside) Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Hi SD -

If you've got what I had last week, you really shouldn't be at work. It absolutely laid me flat (still get tired easily, even though I'm over it now), and whatever it is, it's contagious - running rampant through my office. I also passed it on to hubby, who was delighted, as you can imagine.

Anyway, hope you get over it quickly. Take it easy. Lots of sleep & honey/lemon/ginger hot drinks. Whiskey's good, too!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

Hi SD -

If you've got what I had last week, you really shouldn't be at work...

I'm not now - have come home early to try and be fit for tomorrow morning Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Hi SD -

If you've got what I had last week, you really shouldn't be at work...

I'm not now - have come home early to try and be fit for tomorrow morning Happy

Very wise! Get well soon Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.31 seconds
9,115,907 unique visits since 8th January 2014