Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Who would you have liked as part of the original crew?
Ravella & Richie (The Way Back) Ravella & Richie (The Way Back) 6%[1 Vote]
All-Bran Foster (The Way Back) All-Bran Foster (The Way Back) 0%[0 Votes]
Tel Varon & Maja (The Way Back) Tel Varon & Maja (The Way Back) 24%[4 Votes]
Nova (Space Fall) Nova (Space Fall) 12%[2 Votes]
Leylan & Artix (Space Fall) Leylan & Artix (Space Fall) 0%[0 Votes]
Arco (Cyngus Alpha) Arco (Cyngus Alpha) 12%[2 Votes]
Selman (Cygnus Alpha) Selman (Cygnus Alpha) 0%[0 Votes]
Kara (Cygnus Alpha) Kara (Cygnus Alpha) 18%[3 Votes]
Lord Vargas (Cygnus Alpha) Lord Vargas (Cygnus Alpha) 6%[1 Vote]
Homicidal guardian (Time Squad) Homicidal guardian (Time Squad) 0%[0 Votes]
Other (please specify) Other (please specify) 24%[4 Votes]
Total Votes : 17
 Print Thread
Who would you have liked as part of the original crew?
trevor travis
The first four episodes of B7 bring together the original 'seven'. But who else would you liked to see become part of this original crew?
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 22 November 2014 08:24:49

Spaceship Dispatcher
Kara, most definately! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Kara, most definately! Grin

You like God's taste in servants? Grin

Drat, I forgot to include Neil The God in the poll...

JustBrad
I'll vote for Arco, as, having seen a copy of the original pilot script somewhere, once upon a time, Terry Nation had intended him to be one of the Seven.... at least until the budget was announced.

Travisina
Tel Varon & Maja - for a couple of reasons:

They were, if you like, the 'decent' face of the Federation - despite being quite high up in the legal system, Varon was a good person, trying to do the right thing. Suddenly his well-ordered world is turned upside down, and he finds himself rebelling...

It would also have been interesting to have a couple join Blake's crew, both in terms of their own personal dynamic and the way each of them interacted with the other crew members. Would there be jealousies? Would they look out for each other at the possible expense of their other comrades? (Vila: "If it came down to saving his wife or one of us, I know who he'd choose." Avon: "Well, it certainly wouldn't be you.")

There could be quite a rich seam to be mined.
But alas, they're dead.

PS I've moved this thread from Xenon Base to 'Blake's 7 - Classic'.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
I've voted for them as well, Travisina.

It would have resulted in some interesting clashes, between the lawyer and the criminals Wink

And I think Varon would have been very much on Blake's side, and that would have certainly rubbed up Avon the wrong way.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

It would have resulted in some interesting clashes, between the lawyer and the criminals...

For the points that both you and Travisina raise it might have developed more along the lines of Survivors - in Space because of the relationship dynamics and the deeper, more philosophical discussions about right versus wrong in a setting where law itself is a challenged concept. It would have been interesting and imo a good thing, though of course what we have is excellent anyway.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
So SD, what were your deeper, philosophical reasons for choosing Kara? Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Wanting someone stunning to look at. Never mind, I still have Karen and Jenna (Coleman, that is...) Grin

Slightly OT, but its amazing how Pamela still sounds the same in Counter Measures as she did back then.

trevor travis
Wanting someone stunning to look at. Never mind, I still have Karen and Jenna (Coleman, that is...) Grin

Are you saying Jenna Stannis is not stunning? Shock

Brad might be next with that street sign when you next meet Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Honestly? The only regular B7 lady that does anything for me is Glynis, but Sally is still a good actress.

BradPaula
I think I'd have to vote for Vargas, for the sheer fun of it. Break out the ear plugs people.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Honestly? The only regular B7 lady that does anything for me is Glynis, but Sally is still a good actress.

Which prompts a poll we haven't done for quite a while... Wink

Space Chopper
I voted 'Other', as I'd like to see how Del Grant would fare. We'll get a chance to see next month as Scimitar comes out.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

trevor travis
Space Chopper wrote:

I voted 'Other', as I'd like to see how Del Grant would fare. We'll get a chance to see next month as Scimitar comes out.

Space Chopper, it's characters from the first four episodes, i.e. those who could have been part of the 'original' crew.

Space Chopper
OK, I'll have to rewatch those and I'll come back to it.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Ellen York
Travisina wrote:

They were, if you like, the 'decent' face of the Federation - despite being quite high up in the legal system, Varon was a good person, trying to do the right thing. Suddenly his well-ordered world is turned upside down, and he finds himself rebelling...

It would also have been interesting to have a couple join Blake's crew, both in terms of their own personal dynamic and the way each of them interacted with the other crew members. Would there be jealousies? Would they look out for each other at the possible expense of their other comrades? (Vila: "If it came down to saving his wife or one of us, I know who he'd choose." Avon: "Well, it certainly wouldn't be you."Wink

I can so hear that exchange between Avon and Vila.

I also voted for Tel and Maja. Adding law-abiding citizens to the mix would have been interesting. And they both seem level-headed, might have been a good influence on the criminals Grin.

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

They were, if you like, the 'decent' face of the Federation

i.e. dead.

Hugbot
trevor travis wrote:

I voted for Kara, too ... of course for sheer philosophical reasons:

Blake fights against an oppressive political system that uses drugs to subdue the citizens.
Kara grew up as a supporter of an oppressive religious system that uses drugs to subdue the citizens.
What would have happend if she had joined Blake? Would she have recognized how corrupt Vargas' system was? Would that have made her a zealous follower of Blake? Or would she have doubts siding with people who want to overthrow a system that is so familiar to her? A multitude of opportunities for interesting insights in the character, for crew interaction and for conflicts of interest!

Plus she could have been the love interest of Gan, thus giving him more depth.

Well, and there are of course the obvious reasons ... Pfft

Lurena
JustBrad wrote:

I'll vote for Arco, as, having seen a copy of the original pilot script somewhere, once upon a time, Terry Nation had intended him to be one of the Seven.... at least until the budget was announced.

But if Arco would be part of the crew then Kerr Avon would be the cowardish one as originally planned by Terry Nation...
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
9,943,545 unique visits since 8th January 2014