Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Paul Darrow's best non-B7 role?
Capt. Hawkins Capt. Hawkins 50%[3 Votes]
Tekker Tekker 50%[3 Votes]
Total Votes : 6
 Print Thread
Paul D's best non-B7 role?
Joe Dredd
He hasn't been in anything else, has he?

trevor travis
He played himself in The Adventure Game, which was on directly after Doctor Who Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Yeah... I think those options are fairly comprehensive JD Grin

My vote has to be Hawkins because he was my favourite UNIT Captain before I knew of Paul as an actor or had ever even heard of Blake's 7; really I wish Hawkins had become the regular instead of Yates who I have still never really warmed to, as much as Richard Franklin does well with the role.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Joe Dredd
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
My vote has to be Hawkins because he was my favourite UNIT Captain

Yes, plus Capt Hawkins must be related to Carole Hawkins and she was in B7.

Thinks: Impeccable logic there, JD!

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
My vote has to be Hawkins because he was my favourite UNIT Captain

Yes, plus Capt Hawkins must be related to Carole Hawkins and she was in B7.

Thinks: Impeccable logic there, JD!

Avon is Vila's father-in-law? Shock

Joe Dredd
"You do so much as look at my daughter and I'll throw you out an airlock!"

- or -

"Obi Wan lied. I am your father-in-law!"

littlesue
I was most fortunate to see Mr D in many of the different plays he performed during the 80's (and got to meet him at the stage door as well), but the one stand out role for me was as Capt Scott in Terra Nova. It was so sad as they recreated that famous photo of them all...and proper flash was used! So much so, that Mr D couldn't see properly afterwards and knowing how cold it was outside, got the Stage Door chappy to let us in to his dressing room. If I remember correctly, someone gave him a small model of a dog that he and Janet were very fond of. I do recall him asking us not to ake photos as his eyes were still hurting from that flash.
And I also noticed that the Sheriff of Nottingham role isn't listed....and any hint to the hot tub scene is completely not intended.GrinSmile
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:
"Obi Wan lied. I am your father-in-law!"

"Noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

At which point Vila falls through the airlock, and is left dangling in space, but falls, lands on something soft (Egrorian) and is picked up by the Scorpio.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

At which point Vila falls through the airlock, and is left dangling in space...

...but the Tardis is materialised with the modified force-field switched on so that Vila, just like Melody in The Time of Angels, falls from the open airlock straight into the console room.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

sweevo
Paul's best non-B7 role for me is the voice of the sorcerer Zarok, the main antagonist of the 1998 video game MediEvil, developed and released for the PS1. Smile

rojkerr1
I loved his as captain Vimes in Guards guards, liked him in I have been here before, JB priestley play

trevor travis
Maylin Tekker levels at 2-2 with the dull UNIT captain.... someone else enjoys Paul doing his Richard III as much as I do Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
In what way is Captain Hawkins dull..? Paul plays him in very much the same dry, charismatic way as he does Avon.

briggsy1
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned his role as George Purnell in early 90s newsroom drama Making News.

BradPaula
Tekker? Mr. Darrow's best attempt at 'chewing the scenery'? Talk about overacting 101.

Hawkins- ok- getting there- but I'm sure Mr. D has done better in other roles besides these two. This is a jokey poll, isn't it??? Geez!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
The next poll is a similar Jacqueline Pearce one with just one option: Chessene Grin

Space Chopper
I voted Tekker. When you watch Timelash with the cast commentaries on, Paul explains that he took the Richard III 'chewing the scenery' approach as revenge for when Colin chewed the scenery as Bayban in B7. The banter back-and-forth between Colin, Paul and Nicola (Bryant, who played companion Peri) is worth the purchase price of the DVD alone.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

rojkerr1
What about JP in the Reptile, Plague of the zombies, zoo gang, man in a suitcase, don't raise the bridge lower the river, Moondial?

trevor travis
rojkerr1 wrote:

What about JP in the Reptile, Plague of the zombies, zoo gang, man in a suitcase, don't raise the bridge lower the river, Moondial?

I don't remember Doctor Who stories by any of those titles Grin

rojkerr1
didn't specify just Dr Who, just non- B7!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
9,161,762 unique visits since 8th January 2014