Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
quotes with quotes (nested quotes)
guiser
How do people do quotes within quotes in posts? I can't work out how to do the quote boxes within quote boxes that some people do! Needless to say, I have little idea how the codes work to give you single quote boxes either!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Okay... that's quite a question! Here's how to manually nest quotes:

This is if you have text by two people to quote; the extra spaces in the commands are mine, so you can see how it works, with the same text without extra spaces below so that you can see how it looks on a thread:

[ quote ] [ b ] Member Two wrote: [/ b ]
[ quote ] [ b ] Member One wrote: [/ b ]

Member One's comments appear here... [/ quote ]
Member Two's comments appear below... [/ quote ]

Member Two wrote:
Member One wrote:

Member One's comments appear here...

Member Two's comments appear below...

The 'speech bubble' icon adds the quote and /quote commands automatically, and if you quote a post that already contains a quote then the forum software will nest the quotes for you.

However - please remember that, except sometimes on rewatches due to the fact that members are also trying to watch an episode at the same time as posting, that multiple nesting of quotes - ie more than two nested quotes - is against the forum's posting guidelines as it makes viewing the thread frustrating for folks viewing on certain mobile devices etc.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

guiser
Thanks. I think the problem was that I was trying to subvert the forum reply mechanism and convert a giant speech bubble (with lots of discreet speech bubbles within it), into a set of bubbles within bubbles, so that I could post replies under each one. I think I've worked out how to do it now!

Spaceship Dispatcher
guiser wrote:

Thanks... I think I've worked out how to do it now!

You're welcome Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Joe Dredd
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
multiple nesting of quotes - ie more than two nested quotes - is against the forum's posting guidelines as it makes viewing the thread frustrating for folks viewing on certain mobile devices etc.

I think the key point is to reduce any post you quote down to just the relevant bit. I'm sure we've all seen instances where the person replying has quoted the original poster's page of text just so they can respond to something said in the last sentence.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

I think the key point is to reduce any post you quote down to just the relevant bit.

Very true, its much easier to follow a reply if only the point the reply relates to is quoted. But equally, three or four previous comments can be excessive however edited. Its not a hard and fast rule though, and exceptions might include jokes that build to a brilliant conclusion but which would become meaningless if the chain of comments that lead to the 'pay off' is broken...

Spaceship Dispatcher
@ guiser - I see from the 'Nosy Question' thread that you've got the hang of doing this now! Happy

guiser
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

@ guiser - I see from the 'Nosy Question' thread that you've got the hang of doing this now! Happy

Yep, I'm now a candidate for the 6 billionth best computer expert, in the soon-to-be Federated worlds Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.25 seconds
9,129,406 unique visits since 8th January 2014