Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
B7 Fan Event - Sunday 13th April
meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

I won't be around on the Saturdey evening, but will on the Sunday evening.


How are you getting back TT or are you staying over?
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
meegat39
Sopron wrote:

I'm at the Cherry Tree, but it looks as though there's minimal staggering distance between it and the Fox, i.e, next door, if Google is to be believed. Bit of an extravangance but I don't do holidays so I try to make my weekends count! Grin


Well I think I'm going to book up for the Sunday, lol!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I won't be around on the Saturdey evening, but will on the Sunday evening.


How are you getting back TT or are you staying over?


Still mulling that one over, whether to stay overnight or drive back afterwards (I am local). I don't think Steventon is going to have much of a Sunday late night bus service Grin
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Still mulling that one over, whether to stay overnight or drive back afterwards (I am local). I don't think Steventon is going to have much of a Sunday late night bus service Grin

I can easily pick you up on the way down with Brad and Paula and drop you off in the evening Happy

edit: Paula says they wish to stay for a drink (or two) in the pub after the event Grin
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 08 March 2014 17:19:25
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
meegat39
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Still mulling that one over, whether to stay overnight or drive back afterwards (I am local). I don't think Steventon is going to have much of a Sunday late night bus service Grin

I can easily pick you up on the way down with Brad and Paula and drop you off in the evening Happy

edit: Paula says they wish to stay for a drink (or two) in the pub after the event Grin


This all sounds very good! Okay I'm going to book a room Wink
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
littlesue
I shall be coming up Sunday morning and leaving in the evening. I have a school run and a work run to do on Monday! But I shall stay as long as I can...it all depends who my chauffeur is!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
BradPaula
@Meegat and the others: It seems we are formulating a plan here. SD says we can stay for dinner after Clare's fan event and I believe we'll have TT with us too. So anyone wanting to stay after the event- we can all get together and have a meal before going our separate ways. Great! Looking forward to seeing you all. -Paula (and Brad)
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
Ellen York
I booked a hotel in Oxford for the weekend. I figured that would get me fairly close to Steventon and also allow for some sightseeing in Oxford on Saturday. I would be up for both the pre-event tour of Steventon and dinner after. Getting the train from Oxford to Didcot seems simple enough, but any chance of a lift from Didcot to Steventon?
 
meegat39
littlesue wrote:

I shall be coming up Sunday morning and leaving in the evening. I have a school run and a work run to do on Monday! But I shall stay as long as I can...it all depends who my chauffeur is!!!


The schools will be broken up for the Easter hols!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
meegat39
BradPaula wrote:

@Meegat and the others: It seems we are formulating a plan here. SD says we can stay for dinner after Clare's fan event and I believe we'll have TT with us too. So anyone wanting to stay after the event- we can all get together and have a meal before going our separate ways. Great! Looking forward to seeing you all. -Paula (and Brad)


Looking forward to seeing you too!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
littlesue
meegat39 wrote:

littlesue wrote:

I shall be coming up Sunday morning and leaving in the evening. I have a school run and a work run to do on Monday! But I shall stay as long as I can...it all depends who my chauffeur is!!!


The schools will be broken up for the Easter hols!


So they are!
It all depends on who is driving. If I have to drive up there myself, then, like you I don't want to be out late (coming back from Britscifi was just so scary).
And it also depends if I have a chaffeur and what he/she wants to do.
I shall interrogate the two possible drivers!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
meegat39
littlesue wrote:

[quote]meegat39 wrote:

[quote]littlesue wrote:

(coming back from Britscifi was just so scary).


Yes it was!! I just hate driving in the dark although Steventon is not as far, it's the same scenario. Thought I was gonna crash on the way back! I've settled on the Premier Inn, - a single or twin room costs 39 and breakfast is 8 I think. At least I can be sure of a comfy bed and good grub in the morning.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
meegat39
Ellen York wrote:

I booked a hotel in Oxford for the weekend. I figured that would get me fairly close to Steventon and also allow for some sightseeing in Oxford on Saturday. I would be up for both the pre-event tour of Steventon and dinner after. Getting the train from Oxford to Didcot seems simple enough, but any chance of a lift from Didcot to Steventon?


Hi Ellen I could take a slight detour and pick you up, but I don't think I would be able to get there early enough for you to make the Steventon tour at ten! Also have to drop car off at hotel about a mile from Steventon and walk, believe that's about 20 mins. If you're okay with all that I'm happy to give you a lift.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
JustBrad
Ellen York wrote:

I booked a hotel in Oxford for the weekend. I figured that would get me fairly close to Steventon and also allow for some sightseeing in Oxford on Saturday. I would be up for both the pre-event tour of Steventon and dinner after. Getting the train from Oxford to Didcot seems simple enough, but any chance of a lift from Didcot to Steventon?


If you're in Oxford for a day, print out a tourist map. There is LOTS of history within a fifteen minute walk of the train station: The Saxon Tower, Oxford Castle, and the Magdalene Church near the old city gate with a monument to the martyred founders of the Church Of England.
 
Scott
Hi All

I'll be around on Saturday and Sunday as well, and I'm also booked into the Premier Inn.

For those travelling by train to Didcot, you can get the Bus number X2 from outside the station. On Sundays this bus runs through Steventon every other hour. The first bus from Didcot is at 10.23 and going back to the station the last service is at 18.03 (http://assets.goa...X2_WEB.pdf).

For meeting up on Saturday night, the Cherry Tree is a pretty good pub. We went there a couple of weeks ago with PC and they do decent food and have a wide range of ales (including one called Horizon!).

Cheers.

Scott
Edited by Scott on 09 March 2014 23:55:04
 
littlesue
I now have a chauffeur lined up for Sunday!
We may be able to stay for a while after the event, but as she and I have to get to work the next day, it won't be for long.
I just hope those pot holes have been filled in on the A34, even though Sarah was a passenger on the way back from Britscifi, she, too, was petrified. But at least the rain had stopped for her and Brian by the time they reached Winchester, an hour after us. Hubby and I were nervous wrecks by the time we got home!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
meegat39
littlesue wrote:

I now have a chauffeur lined up for Sunday!
We may be able to stay for a while after the event, but as she and I have to get to work the next day, it won't be for long.
I just hope those pot holes have been filled in on the A34, even though Sarah was a passenger on the way back from Britscifi, she, too, was petrified. But at least the rain had stopped for her and Brian by the time they reached Winchester, an hour after us. Hubby and I were nervous wrecks by the time we got home!


Does this mean you be able to partake of a few drinks of the alcoholic variety?
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
meegat39
Scott wrote:

Hi All

I'll be around on Saturday and Sunday as well, and I'm also booked into the Premier Inn.

For those travelling by train to Didcot, you can get the Bus number X2 from outside the station. On Sundays this bus runs through Steventon every other hour. The first bus from Didcot is at 10.23 and going back to the station the last service is at 18.03 (http://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/467/TT_%20X2_WEB.pdf).

For meeting up on Saturday night, the Cherry Tree is a pretty good pub. We went there a couple of weeks ago with PC and they do decent food and have a wide range of ales (including one called Horizon!).

Cheers.

Scott


Sounds good Scott, I quite fancy a curry though, if others agree?
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
littlesue
meegat39 wrote:

littlesue wrote:

I now have a chauffeur lined up for Sunday!
We may be able to stay for a while after the event, but as she and I have to get to work the next day, it won't be for long.
I just hope those pot holes have been filled in on the A34, even though Sarah was a passenger on the way back from Britscifi, she, too, was petrified. But at least the rain had stopped for her and Brian by the time they reached Winchester, an hour after us. Hubby and I were nervous wrecks by the time we got home!


Does this mean you be able to partake of a few drinks of the alcoholic variety?


J2O, Orange and Passion Fruit, is my preferred drinkies.Grin
We may be able to loiter with intent afterwardsSmile
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
meegat39
littlesue wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

littlesue wrote:

I now have a chauffeur lined up for Sunday!
We may be able to stay for a while after the event, but as she and I have to get to work the next day, it won't be for long.
I just hope those pot holes have been filled in on the A34, even though Sarah was a passenger on the way back from Britscifi, she, too, was petrified. But at least the rain had stopped for her and Brian by the time they reached Winchester, an hour after us. Hubby and I were nervous wrecks by the time we got home!


Does this mean you be able to partake of a few drinks of the alcoholic variety?


J2O, Orange and Passion Fruit, is my preferred drinkies.Grin
We may be able to loiter with intent afterwardsSmile


Woo hoo!!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.76 seconds
9,904,713 unique visits since 8th January 2014