Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
B7 Fan Event - Sunday 13th April
Spaceship Dispatcher
meegat39 wrote:

Sounds good Scott, I quite fancy a curry though, if others agree?

Where is your curry served? Is it somewhere with other items on the menu? I have never tried curry, and that probably won't be the best time or place to start...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Where is your curry served? Is it somewhere with other items on the menu? I have never tried curry, and that probably won't be the best time or place to start...

If the Cherry Tree Pub is within easy walking distance of the venue, maybe that's the best idea. It should have a wide range enough range of food to cover all tastes. Also it means those who wish to indulge in a drinkie or two (or six, we have have the odd Vila in our ranks!! Grin ) and are staying at the pub, don't have to worry about getting back at the end of the evening.

Having said that, I'll eat anything, and will go along with what other people decide. Cool

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Still mulling that one over, whether to stay overnight or drive back afterwards (I am local). I don't think Steventon is going to have much of a Sunday late night bus service Grin

I can easily pick you up on the way down with Brad and Paula and drop you off in the evening Happy

edit: Paula says they wish to stay for a drink (or two) in the pub after the event Grin

Cheers SD, I did offer to pick up the odd person or two from the station, etc, we'll see how many people require a lift and then see if I need my car or not. Cool

Sopron
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

If the Cherry Tree Pub is within easy walking distance of the venue, maybe that's the best idea. It should have a wide range enough range of food to cover all tastes. Also it means those who wish to indulge in a drinkie or two (or six, we have have the odd Vila in our ranks!! Grin ) and are staying at the pub, don't have to worry about getting back at the end of the evening.

Having said that, I'll eat anything, and will go along with what other people decide. Cool

You haven't even met me yet, TT, how did you know?Grin

The Cherry Tre menu looks good but is, regrettably, a little short on curries: http://www.cherrytreesteventon.co.uk/assets/CherryTreeMenu.pdf

purplecleric
Hi folks!

It's good to see all your plans shaping up...For those staying at the Premier Inn, I'm sure we can get our heads together to arrange transport.

Unfortunately as your newly appointed tour guide, I am unavailable to provide lifts but as scott has mentioned the bus service from Didcot Parkway to the venue is practically door to door...(tho' tt is right, it's non existent on Sun pm)

Any questions re: locality etc please PM me...

meegat39

meegat39 wrote:

SD I am more than happy to got somewhere else as you don't like curry Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Still mulling that one over, whether to stay overnight or drive back afterwards (I am local). I don't think Steventon is going to have much of a Sunday late night bus service Grin

I can easily pick you up on the way down with Brad and Paula and drop you off in the evening Happy

edit: Paula says they wish to stay for a drink (or two) in the pub after the event Grin

Cheers SD, I did offer to pick up the odd person or two from the station, etc, we'll see how many people require a lift and then see if I need my car or not. Cool

So far, TT and SD- Ellen York says she needs a lift from Didcot to the venue in Steventon. Meegat offered, but if Ellen wants to be in Steventon early to do a little sight seeing, we may need someone to pick her up instead of Meegat.

@Ellen: Since the drive between Didcot and Steventon seems to be 11 minutes each way, if you are satisfied with Meegat picking you up, fine, if not, you'll have to make other arrangements with another Forum member. TT seems to be waiting to see how many people need rides before he makes up his mind to drive himself or come with SD and Brad and me. So by all means speak up. We will try and help where we can. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
meegat39 wrote:

SD I am more than happy to got somewhere else as you don't like curry Grin

Thank you - I'll go with the majority of course, but would prefer a pub with a traditional menu myself Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Sopron
OK, if the Cherry Tree looks a bit fancified, the Fox next door is certainly a trad pub menu and still only a short walk from the hall (still no curries that I can spot tho', meegat). Ellen, I can run out to Didcot and pick you up in time for pc's guided tour if you don't mind a very scruffy vehicle, but I had intended an A&S or two in the evening which would render me useless as a driver on the return trip. Any use?

meegat39
Have booked my room for the Sunday night. Really looking forward to catching up with you all again!!

Ellen York
meegat39 wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

I booked a hotel in Oxford for the weekend. I figured that would get me fairly close to Steventon and also allow for some sightseeing in Oxford on Saturday. I would be up for both the pre-event tour of Steventon and dinner after. Getting the train from Oxford to Didcot seems simple enough, but any chance of a lift from Didcot to Steventon?

Hi Ellen I could take a slight detour and pick you up, but I don't think I would be able to get there early enough for you to make the Steventon tour at ten! Also have to drop car off at hotel about a mile from Steventon and walk, believe that's about 20 mins. If you're okay with all that I'm happy to give you a lift.

Thanks Meegat. If you could come pick me up, that would be great. I don't mind a bit of a walk from the car park. Let me know what time to plan on. It looks like the earliest train from Oxford is about 9:00am, so anything after that will work. Just look for the crazy American with the "Keep Calm and Teleport" t-shirt.

meegat39
Ellen York wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

I booked a hotel in Oxford for the weekend. I figured that would get me fairly close to Steventon and also allow for some sightseeing in Oxford on Saturday. I would be up for both the pre-event tour of Steventon and dinner after. Getting the train from Oxford to Didcot seems simple enough, but any chance of a lift from Didcot to Steventon?

Hi Ellen I could take a slight detour and pick you up, but I don't think I would be able to get there early enough for you to make the Steventon tour at ten! Also have to drop car off at hotel about a mile from Steventon and walk, believe that's about 20 mins. If you're okay with all that I'm happy to give you a lift.

Thanks Meegat. If you could come pick me up, that would be great. I don't mind a bit of a walk from the car park. Let me know what time to plan on. It looks like the earliest train from Oxford is about 9:00am, so anything after that will work. Just look for the crazy American with the "Keep Calm and Teleport" t-shirt.

How long does it take on the train?

Spaceship Dispatcher
meegat39 wrote:

Oxford to Didcot takes 20 mins.

littlesue
I'm just going through my Zines for Sunday......does anyone have a copy of Slave 8?
I seem to be missing mine.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

meegat39

meegat39 wrote:

Thanks SD. Well I'm planning to get to the hotel by about 10.30ish to drop off my car etc, so perhaps if I can pick you up Ellen about 10.15 that would work? Or catch the 10 o'clock train if there is one?

Ellen York
meegat39 wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Thanks SD. Well I'm planning to get to the hotel by about 10.30ish to drop off my car etc, so perhaps if I can pick you up Ellen about 10.15 that would work? Or catch the 10 o'clock train if there is one?

10:15 will work. It looks like there is a 9:50 train which should arrive shortly after 10:00. Looking forward to meeting you.

meegat39
Ellen York wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

10:15 will work. It looks like there is a 9:50 train which should arrive shortly after 10:00. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Ellen, what time's the one after? Only because if I end up being later than anticipated arriving then you could be hanging around for half an hour. Looking forward to meeting you too Grin

Ellen York
meegat39 wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Hi Ellen, what time's the one after? Only because if I end up being later than anticipated arriving then you could be hanging around for half an hour. Looking forward to meeting you too Grin

The next train is at 10:05 and gets to Didcot at 10:20

meegat39
Ellen York wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

The next train is at 10:05 and gets to Didcot at 10:20

That sounds better to me. Shall we aim for that one then?

clareblues1
I've emailed some of you already about this, but to capture the rest...

**GENERAL APPEAL FOR DONATED ITEMS FOR THE MEMORABILIA SWAP/BRING AND BUY**

We are looking for people to bring along an item or two for the memorabilia swap table. No obligation of course and if you want to 'buy' something, then all we ask is a modest donation to Macmillan in return.

Please note this doesn't have to be restricted to Blake's 7, but we'll keep to the general theme of science fiction. Novels, magazines, books, toys etc...as long as it's fairly small and easily handled.

Thank you for your support!

**Littlesue would like to encourage you to bring along your fanzines to add to her collection on display Smile**
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,120,898 unique visits since 8th January 2014