Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
B7 Fan Event - Sunday 13th April
JustBrad
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

So is the time schedule:

11am-4pm: The event
4pm-3am: The pub

Grin

Yeah! Woo Hoo. I'm game. -Paula

I'll bring a wheel barrow to cart you back to the hotel.

meegat39
Am now thinking of booking a hotel for that night. Anyone got one booked already for that night and if so where, and how much?
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Sopron
Which night? Aren't most @ work on Monday?

purplecleric
BradPaula wrote:

To all our new members thinking of coming to the April fan event: Please don't worry yourself. You will be meeting fellow fans in the Blake's 7 family. You will be accepted. Believe me, when we first walked into the Return to Gauda Prime con, it was like old home week. Sure, we hadn't met 95% of the people there but we knew of them via the Forum. Once we got a chance to go up and introduce ourselves to the people we had only previously know by their screen names and avatars, it was like talking to old friends.

We are excited and looking forward to meeting all our new members in April. And remember if you do have any questions, be they about the meet up or how to get to Steventon, please don't hesitate to post and ask or PM one of us. We have Spaceship Dispatcher who can help with matters of traveling by train, and we have purplecleric, who can help with more local matters as she lives close by. And remember too, we have a few members who would be willing to pick people up from the train station or local hotels. All you need to do is ask.

I think you'll love what you find when you get there- we've met some of our dearest friends at these fan events. So see you all soon and all the best! -Paula

I second all of this - B7 fans are some of the friendliest people I've ever met.

purplecleric
As the event is not open til 11am and many will be arriving at around 10am - would a short walk to stretch the legs be useful? Steventon is a beautiful village and has many historically interesting buildings - I can prepare a little walking tour/guide if anyone is interested? (approx 20-30mins)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Yes please PC Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Sopron
Sounds good to me, pc, thanks. Smile

Spaceship Dispatcher
@ PC

make sure you bring a brolley to hold in the air (folded of course) as you walk round, as you're our tour guide Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

meegat39
Sopron wrote:

Which night? Aren't most @ work on Monday?

Well yes, but if there is talk of going to the pub after, a day off would perhaps be in order? I, for one also detest driving in the dark! I agree that the Sat night would seem at first to make the most sense, although that could/would mean attending with a hangover!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Regarding a meet-up on the Saturday evening... Brad and Paula are with me around the Northampton area on Saturday and have kindly accepted my invitation to dinner in the evening. All being well, TT hopes to be with us too. However, we should all be around after the Con on Sunday...

meegat39
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Regarding a meet-up on the Saturday evening... Brad and Paula are with me around the Northampton area on Saturday and have kindly accepted my invitation to dinner in the evening. All being well, TT hopes to be with us too. However, we should all be around after the Con on Sunday...

Thanks for the info SD! Are you staying over then or just playing it by ear?

BradPaula

@ PC

make sure you bring a brolley to hold in the air (folded of course) as you walk round, as you're our tour guide Grin

Totally off thread topic here, but the first London tour we did 4 years ago, our guide did the same thing. I had never seen anything quite like it before but it did seem to work. Saw another tour at the Tower of London and the guide had this gaudy ducky-shaped umbrella. I thought to myself, only in England. OK- back to business. We are coming with Spaceship Dispatcher and I think we'd love to have a look around the village before the fan event. Any help would be appreciated. I think I heard something about a cafe selling bacon sandwiches?......... Really looking forward to the day and seeing all of my fellow Forum members. Until then- take care- Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
meegat39 wrote:

I can answer that for you, Meegat. We will be in the Northampton area for a few days and will be heading back there after the fan event. But depending on how SD feels, and if he has to be to work early Monday, we may be able to get a bite to eat and a drink before we depart. I'll let SD answer that for you, but just so you can plan your weekend, we will not be staying in Steventon during the weekend. See you soon! -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

meegat39
BradPaula wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Thanks Paula! Grin

I can answer that for you, Meegat. We will be in the Northampton area for a few days and will be heading back there after the fan event. But depending on how SD feels, and if he has to be to work early Monday, we may be able to get a bite to eat and a drink before we depart. I'll let SD answer that for you, but just so you can plan your weekend, we will not be staying in Steventon during the weekend. See you soon! -Paula

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

But depending on how SD feels, and if he has to be to work early Monday, we may be able to get a bite to eat and a drink before we depart. I'll let SD answer that for you...

Paula - although I do have plans from Monday afternoon onwards, I don't have any commitments on Monday morning so we can stay in Steventon as long as you and Brad wish. SD

Sopron
OK, meegat, I'm in for Sunday night, as well as Sunday morning walkies. Just booked Monday off, Yippee!!

meegat39
Sopron wrote:

OK, meegat, I'm in for Sunday night, as well as Sunday morning walkies. Just booked Monday off, Yippee!!

Double Hooray!! Grin

meegat39
Sopron wrote:

Thanks for the welcome, littlesue. To make sure I don't chicken out, I've booked in for the night of the 12th, even though I'm only an hour or so away.

So I hope there'll be company or I'll feel like such a sad-sack...Grin

Hi Sopron where have you booked into. I'm still trying to figure out in my head whether to come on the Saturday evening or if Sunday is better ...

Sopron
I'm at the Cherry Tree, but it looks as though there's minimal staggering distance between it and the Fox, i.e, next door, if Google is to be believed. Bit of an extravangance but I don't do holidays so I try to make my weekends count! Grin

trevor travis
I won't be around on the Saturdey evening, but will on the Sunday evening.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,136,489 unique visits since 8th January 2014