Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
2.1 Scimitar *spoilers*
Travisina
I like to think of Big Finish's Season 3 series (and LibChrons) as a kind of AU loop with Del Grant as a crew member. It would change the dynamics of the crew relationships, and maybe by this point Cally is fonder of Grant than of Avon? Just a thought.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

dragonq
I like having Grant in the mix very much. Don't miss Dayna at all. I always thought she was a thoroughly unpleasant young woman, who was always far too ready to murder people.

Joe Dredd
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
That is just so wrong on so many levels, it's actually quite scary coming from a key member of the creative team!

Wrong & scary, that sums up the BF audio experience for me, by and large.

Spaceship Dispatcher
dragonq wrote:

I like having Grant in the mix very much. Don't miss Dayna at all. I always thought she was a thoroughly unpleasant young woman, who was always far too ready to murder people.

Agree on both points. I'm really looking forward to hearing Tom Chadbon as Grant for a whole series and hope there are many more with the character to come; but there's something about Dayna as a character and as a performance that I simply cannot warm to at all.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 18 May 2015 13:24:27
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

That is just so wrong on so many levels, it's actually quite scary coming from a key member of the creative team!

Wrong & scary, that sums up the BF audio experience for me, by and large.

Lol JD Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

dinalt

dragonq wrote:

Agree on both points. I'm really looking forward to hearing Tom Chadbon as Grant for a whole series and hope there are many more with the character to come; but there's something about Dayna as a character and as a performance that I simply cannot warm to at all.

Totally agree - Dayna was never a character I liked..............always too willing to kill, but lacking the charm of Avon.

I too hope that BF bring Tom Chadbon back for a whole series (or more). But I guess we'll have to wait and see what's happening with the BF range first.

BradPaula
You know, beside being THE biggest and most famous (??) Del Grant fan on Earth, looking at the Big Finish discs objectively, or at least trying to, I think the addition of Del Grant only enhanced the crew. There are interesting interpersonal relationships brewing not only with Avon, but Vila, Tarrant and even Cally. In fact, it seems Cally is inordinately concerned about Grant's well being at times. He adds a dimension to the discs that is fresh and new and it feels like he could have bunked with the crew of Liberator on the original series too. I also have to say hats off to Tom Chadbon as he's another of those experienced actors who has done it all and his acting seems effortless. I can't tell you how many times I've chuckled to myself over his lines- ones like "I like guns...she likes guns,' (referring to Dayna) and at the arms bazaar where he knows all the usual subjects and explains them to the rest of the crew. In the Extras, Tom even said that was a particularly fun scene. And even Lisa Bowerman, director of the full cast discs seems to have taken a shine to our mercenary, calling him laid-back and sure of himself, and I believe reference was made to him being a bit of a ladies man... so what's not to love? I certainly hope they do more with the character of Del Grant although I realize having him in too many discs would possibly tilt the series in a different direction than usual... I'd be happy also if they'd re-introduce Bayban again as that would be as good almost as having Grant on the discs. Bayban and Carnell too, please!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,182,143 unique visits since 8th January 2014